This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anadolu Efes 2023/24

Your opinions about the coach and the roster of new season...

Lasso and Pascual didnt work so Erdem Can is risky but the best choice. I hope it will happen. The next task will be to build a strong Turkish rotation since Efes Turkish rotation is very bad.

Bugrahan Tuncer, Egehan Arna and Furkan Haltali must go. The only guy I would keep in the team is Erten Gazi.

The targets are obvious. Onuralp Bitim, Erkan Yilmaz, Sadik Emir Kabaca or Ercan Osmani (Kabaca would be my first choice) and of course Sertac Sanli.

In the next step Efes needs a defensive anchor, someone who can stay in front of most smaller guys and protect the rim + rolling abilities and a mid range jumper would be great.

I would also get rid of Mbaye and Singleton. A solid power forward is enough. Bonzie Colson for example was cheap and good but Efes neglected to sign him. The second one doesnt have to be a Euroleague experienced guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Toruko View Post
      Lasso and Pascual didnt work so Erdem Can is risky but the best choice. I hope it will happen. The next task will be to build a strong Turkish rotation since Efes Turkish rotation is very bad.

Bugrahan Tuncer, Egehan Arna and Furkan Haltali must go. The only guy I would keep in the team is Erten Gazi.

The targets are obvious. Onuralp Bitim, Erkan Yilmaz, Sadik Emir Kabaca or Ercan Osmani (Kabaca would be my first choice) and of course Sertac Sanli.

In the next step Efes needs a defensive anchor, someone who can stay in front of most smaller guys and protect the rim + rolling abilities and a mid range jumper would be great.

I would also get rid of Mbaye and Singleton. A solid power forward is enough. Bonzie Colson for example was cheap and good but Efes neglected to sign him. The second one doesnt have to be a Euroleague experienced guy.
      From the coach canditades; Sfair and Sarica was the most scary ones. Laso-Pascual options didn't work as you said... So we had 2 options left; Alimpijevic and Can. I'm ok with both but Can is better option, still risky as you mentioned.

About Turkish rotation absolutely agree... keep Gazi and add some of the less variants; Korkmaz, Bitim, Kabaca, Osmani, Yılmaz and even Ozdemiroglu.

Because of his contract, it seems Zizic will stay. Imho M'Baye would be a good backup. No Dunston, no Singleton, no Pleiss anymore, please. We must fill the # 4-5 with 4 players, 2 of them locals. (Osmani, Kabaca my picks.) I don't think Şanlı comes back to home, but if, always welcome.

For the #1-2-3, if Micic stays; Larkin, Micic, Gazi, Beaubois, Bryant, Clyburn + 2 players (1 of them local) will be fit enough i think. By the way, this French guy of Telekom, Axel, could be interesting one.

Comment

Originally posted by Worrax View Post

From the coach canditades; Sfair and Sarica was the most scary ones. Laso-Pascual options didn't work as you said... So we had 2 options left; Alimpijevic and Can. I'm ok with both but Can is better option, still risky as you mentioned.

About Turkish rotation absolutely agree... keep Gazi and add some of the less variants; Korkmaz, Bitim, Kabaca, Osmani, Yılmaz and even Ozdemiroglu.

Because of his contract, it seems Zizic will stay. Imho M'Baye would be a good backup. No Dunston, no Singleton, no Pleiss anymore, please. We must fill the # 4-5 with 4 players, 2 of them locals. (Osmani, Kabaca my picks.) I don't think Şanlı comes back to home, but if, always welcome.

For the #1-2-3, if Micic stays; Larkin, Micic, Gazi, Beaubois, Bryant, Clyburn + 2 players (1 of them local) will be fit enough i think. By the way, this French guy of Telekom, Axel, could be interesting one.
        Sanli wont stay in Barca and off course his first address will be Efes. I am pretty sure hell come back. You can forget about Korkmaz next season. He wont 2,5 million dollars in the states and keep sitting on the bench.

Ozdemiroglu is not the guy for Efes. He is not good enough but if you need a Turkish play maker than it should be Sipahi. Dont agree with you about Mbaye. He is too short and just with shooting you cant win anything. Micic hopefully will go to the NBA. I cant stand this guy anymore. Ataman will try to lure Bryant to PAO but if he stays I am ok with him.

About players from TT Ankara if Erdem Can is the new coach he will take Erkan Yilmaz and Jones. Bouteille is like MBaye a borderline EL player. He has nothing to do there.

Comment

Not official but seems like Bryant and Beaubois will stay with us, good news. Specially very glad for these two agreements. Most likely; Coach Erdem Can and Willis-Yilmaz-Jones-Kabaca will join, too. Also good news. So, if; Larkin, Gazi, Beaubois, Bryant, Yılmaz, Clyburn, Zizic, Kabaca, Willis, Jones are in the pocket, we should replace Micic and add at least 2 more. Budget seems lower, local players needed.

Comment

Ozdemiroglu-Efes

Comment

Not official but seems like Bryant and Beaubois will stay with us, good news. Specially very glad for these two agreements. Most likely; Coach Erdem Can and Willis-Yilmaz-Jones-Kabaca will join, too. Also good news. So, if; Larkin, Gazi, Beaubois, Bryant, Yılmaz, Clyburn, Zizic, Kabaca, Willis, Jones are in the pocket, we should replace Micic and add at least 2 more. Budget seems lower, local players needed.
              They must get rid of Zizic with the lowest possible damage

Comment

I like Can's roster build but, still thinking that we need a good PF... You can't trust on Willis and Ercani in that position whole season.

Comment

I like Can's roster build but, still thinking that we need a good PF... You can't trust on Willis and Ercani in that position whole season.
                  Osmani is 2nd best turkish pf and still in age when he could improve
                  Willis is much more questionable, EC level player, wrong move imo

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post

Osmani is 2nd best turkish pf and still in age when he could improve
                    Willis is much more questionable, EC level player, wrong move imo
                    I know, but no EL experiences and many question marks about their EL performances. Not filling full enough that position imho...

Comment

I know, but no EL experiences and many question marks about their EL performances. Not filling full enough that position imho...
                      Nobody would ever deny this. Giving Pleiss a two year contract after his final game was a big mistake on top of that Zizic also is a locked guy. These two guys get almost 2 million euros and almost every team is ready to spend money, the players are heavily overpaid and you get your money in Lira and spend in euros.

You must take a risk somewhere and its a good opportunity for our guys to show what they can do on the court. If it doesnt click after a while they will surely find a better big.

Comment

I don't clear understand what Toruko wrote but if point is that if clown player like Zizic get a chance for big money then Osmani deserves double chance, I agree

Comment

We saved good amount from Micic's gone (including Thompson-Osmani moves), and it's still around 1 m. That's why i was waiting for a #4,5. All in all, imho; Jones, Willis and Osmani will be useful. But Zizic (as you both mentioned) is a big question mark. Pleiss's time is gone, end of expiration date.

Comment

Asist Analiz-Umit Avci/youtube channel had an interview with coach Erdem Can, good one.

Comment

Asist Analiz-Umit Avci/youtube channel had an interview with coach Erdem Can, good one.
                              As we expected there will be no signing in this summer. They let the option open to sign if there is a need during the season.

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information