PF: ?, Arnold, Eiliyahu
    C: Vujcic, Green
    PG: Halperin, Bynum
    SG: Sharp, Buford
    SF: Jasaitis, Burstein, Shason
    PF: Eliyahu, Arnold
    C: Green, Vujčić

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
    That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Originally posted by turkishpower
      Efes Pilsen:

I think Efes did a great job signing Jenkins and Nicholas.

We've had some scorer guards/players before but Mahmudi managed to make them play for the team in the past.
      Jenkins and Nicholas will solve our problem of scoring. Especially with a scorer guard, (Efes always plays good D), we saw last year, Efes was able to get away with wins from away games, too. I remember a couple games, Popovic scored around 30's. That's what Efes needs, a guy who can step up and score 30 if needed. Then, Efes will win more games if they still play good defense...

That's a good move for Efes, Jenkins and Nicholas will be very efficient for us unless they go crazy and play selfish.
      I agree about Nicholas 100% but let me have serious doubts about Horace Jenkins.I'm not sure he can help much at such high level
      Your time is up my time is now,
      you can't see me my time is now...

"Basketball is like the church. Many attend it, but few understand it"

If u smell what the G.L. is cookin'...

The Demon of Greek loby is here!

Comment

• Finally, Maccaci have a full roster:

PG: Bynum, Halperin
        SG: Burstein, Jasaitis, Sharp
        SF: Buford, Shason
        PF: Felix, Arnold, Eliyahoo
        C: Vujcic, Green.

in Israel, it is the "Rushan law": 2 Israeli player in the same time must play.
        so it will be (more or less):

Bynom, Burstein/Halperin, Buford, Arnold/Eliyahoo, Vujcic
        2022/2023:
        PG: Brown, D-BA, Ziv
        SG: Baldwin, Hollins
        SF: Hillard, Pnini, Menco
        PF: Martin, Colson, Cohen
        PF: Nebo, Poyters, Sorkin

Comment

• Originally posted by Roy M
          Finally, Maccaci have a full roster:

PG: Bynum, Halperin
          SG: Burstein, Jasaitis, Sharp
          SF: Buford, Shason
          PF: Felix, Arnold, Eliyahoo
          C: Vujcic, Green.

in Israel, it is the "Rushan law": 2 Israeli player in the same time must play.
          so it will be (more or less):

Bynom, Burstein/Halperin, Buford, Arnold/Eliyahoo, Vujcic
          It's Eliyahu and "Russian law"...
          And Jasaitis is SF not SG.
          Yalla Maccabi!!!

Save English, ban macabeo....

Comment

• Guys,I'm very happy that Macabi completed their roster,now they are for sure a top team in Europe.Basket fans(and not only in Israel) were skeptic about some signings but the friendly matched showed optimistic signs,Buford is in good shape,Bynum has great skills and I think Felix will prove the same,he is continually improving and has great athletic skills.But the most important is that they changed Pini Gherson with an equally good coach,so I think Macabi fans should be happy!

Comment

• Final Žalgiris roster:
              PG Marko Popovic, Mantas Kalnietis, Vidas Ginevicius
              SG/SF Marchello Machado, Kirk Penny, Jonas Maciulis, Vaidotas Peciukas, Vytenis Jasikevicius
              PF/C Tanoka Beard, Hanno Mottola, Paulius Jankunas, Vladimir Stimac, Darius Silinskis

Comment

• Originally posted by Basket_
                Final Žalgiris roster:
                PG Marko Popovic, Mantas Kalnietis, Vidas Ginevicius
                SG/SF Marchello Machado, Kirk Penny, Jonas Maciulis, Vaidotas Peciukas, Vytenis Jasikevicius
                PF/C Tanoka Beard, Hanno Mottola, Paulius Jankunas, Vladimir Stimac, Darius Silinskis
                I'm wondering how's Jasikevicius Jr.?
                Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan
                  I'm wondering how's Jasikevicius Jr.?
                  He played in one lkl game and in 16 minutes he scored 6 points. Vytenis also played in 2 baltic league game (in firs game 14 minutes, in second 1minute), but he didnt do anything in both games. But he had good season last year in Zalgiris junior team, expecially when Kalnietis came to Zalgiris.

Comment

• Originally posted by Basket_
                    He played in one lkl game and in 16 minutes he scored 6 points. Vytenis also played in 2 baltic league game (in firs game 14 minutes, in second 1minute), but he didnt do anything in both games. But he had good season last year in Zalgiris junior team, expecially when Kalnietis came to Zalgiris.
                    Does he have his brother's talent?
                    Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by MikeMaccabiFan
                      Does he have his brother's talent?
                      He definately has the talent, but it is hard to compare him with his brother. There are some similarities - Vytenis considers himself as a shooting guard, and Šarūnas also was playing shooting guard during the college years (when he was at the same age, Vytenis is now).

Back then Šarūnas even wasn't considered as the main lithuanian PG prospect (Kęstutis Marčiulionis was thought to be more talented than Šaras). But Šaras still was invited to the lithuanian youth team, that managed to win gold at European championship in 1994(?). Speaking about Vytenis, I can't claim surely now, that he was in youth team of either U-16, U-18 or U-20. But now the competition in those teams is waaaay higher than ten years ago.

So let's wait and see, what Vytenis will show on court.

Comment

• My Russian sources write today that UNIKS is very close to sign contract with Dusk Savanovic from Żeleznik ...

Comment

• Lampe in Khimky
                          How inform site www.plk.pl BC Khimky sign contract for upcoming season with Polish center Maciej Lampe.

Comment

• Originally posted by the_black_planet
                            Guys,I'm very happy that Macabi completed their roster,now they are for sure a top team in Europe.Basket fans(and not only in Israel) were skeptic about some signings but the friendly matched showed optimistic signs,Buford is in good shape,Bynum has great skills and I think Felix will prove the same,he is continually improving and has great athletic skills.But the most important is that they changed Pini Gherson with an equally good coach,so I think Macabi fans should be happy!
                            Buford probably will say goodbye to Maccabi's Roster in the next few days.
                            He is not a very good player at all (bad precetages and a low defense) and he plays a little bit or even in the Israeli league don't play.
                            Bynum is SG and not a real PG like he plays in Maccabi and it's not good for Maccabi at all. There is no Player Maker (You can understand it from the statistics that Vujcic has more assists then Bynum), and except it, Bynum only think how to score and not to pass.
                            Noel Felix play only 5-7 minutes in 4-5 games and he doesn't look so good,
                            maybe because the european rules that diefferent from the NBA rules.
                            Msaccabi's defense doesn't look so good (even bad), for example in the 2 last Euroleague games, Maccabi's enemy got 100 points+.
                            In summary, Maccabi doesn't look so good, Europe can be calm about it, at least now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ye11ow God
                              Buford probably will say goodbye to Maccabi's Roster in the next few days.
                              He is not a very good player at all (bad precetages and a low defense) and he plays a little bit or even in the Israeli league don't play.
                              Bynum is SG and not a real PG like he plays in Maccabi and it's not good for Maccabi at all. There is no Player Maker (You can understand it from the statistics that Vujcic has more assists then Bynum), and except it, Bynum only think how to score and not to pass.
                              Noel Felix play only 5-7 minutes in 4-5 games and he doesn't look so good,
                              maybe because the european rules that diefferent from the NBA rules.
                              Msaccabi's defense doesn't look so good (even bad), for example in the 2 last Euroleague games, Maccabi's enemy got 100 points+.
                              In summary, Maccabi doesn't look so good, Europe can be calm about it, at least now.
                              After yesterday game against Lottomatica Rome things look a bit different:
                              Bufford gave good solid game - good defence, rebound, decent scoring through team game... Of course he needs to improve more, but let's wait and see what will happen in really hard game against Badalona next week. In any case I do not see Spahija free him after improvement he showed...
                              Bynum is better when palying PG and he did have more losses than assists, but he knows that it's a problem (he said it after the game). He is young player, willing to learn and improve - he will be better, I am sure.
                              I think Felix will get his chance sooner or later - he is a good player - give him week or two.(Arnold and Jasitis did not play much against Rome - this not means they are bad players, right?) His problem is that there is Lior Eliyahu, who gave great game, and also Jamie Arnold who plays more in League games because of Russian law and because he is good player too.

About Maccabi as whole - defence is improving steadily (against Jerusalem and Rome), but of course real trial will be next week. And, if we look on history of all Spahija's teams they do start slowly, but improve afterwards. So we still have a hope (especially when Burstein will get back in month or so)!

Afterthought:
                              Situation, when real playmaker is not a guard, but center is not so bad - especailly when that's Nicola Vujcic... Roma constantly tried to double-team him and that gave to Eliyahu so much freedom. And even when double-teamed, Nicola got the ball he gave great passes... He almost made triple-double again.
                              Last edited by MikeMaccabiFan; 11-10-2006, 02:55 PM.
                              Yalla Maccabi!!!

Comment

• I read today on e-basket.pl that Snaidero Udine decided to release Andrew Wisniewski Is this true? Why where he will play now

Maybe Anwil ? Some time ago he weas one of candidates to play in my club, so maybe

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information