Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Euroleague Final 4 2022 (Stark Arena- Belgrade, 19-21 May)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tbh. Efes is not convincing at all but they did it. I wanted Landale so bad but he had gone to the Spurs

Comment

• Originally posted by zubitos View Post
      Congrats to Efes, I will support them in the final......it was pity for my team....but we are struggling offensively in the last quarter....28% from threes and we stay in the game till last second.....very proud for the team that Bartzokas started to fix from last year....Oly is back for good in the elite teams.....next year now for us.....the last shoot for us is one of those we will never forget till our death.....but this is basketball and that's why we love it.....sometimes that shoot is for you sometimes against you.
      Even this same exact same team will do much better next year. I truly believe that the end would be much different if Veze and Dorsey were a bit more experienced players. Efes was practically giving the game away and Oly wouldn't just reach and grab it.

Bartzokas did a pretty good job and with a couple of quality additions they can easily make it to the F4 again next year.
      3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Originally posted by Worrax View Post
        zubitos, thank you bro... you're very kind.
        I believe Oly will be better next year and make you smile.
        You have this bb culture in your blood.
        Congrats mate......I believed in that team so much even before the season starts.....and they proved me right.....they fight till the last second.....and maybe they were a little bit nervous in the end......but I am proud for them...and finally that what we want from our teams....so I am still smiling.

Comment

• Originally posted by zubitos View Post
          Congrats mate......I believed in that team so much even before the season starts.....and they proved me right.....they fight till the last second.....and maybe they were a little bit nervous in the end......but I am proud for them...and finally that what we want from our teams....so I am still smiling.
          Great!
          Actually agree with you and paspalj's thoughts.

Comment

• Elijah Bryant was key for Efes tonight. Huge performance.

Great game plan from Bartzokas using Falll in the post, but eventually he got stripped couple of times in the post and didn't react so well when he was double teamed in the second half, so I guess that's why Bartzokas went away from that play.

Efes' fans should thank God that @Toruku and @Furkan Korkmaz have absolutely nothing to do with Efes' managemet and decisions they make.

By the way, Micic is obviously playing through injury...

Comment

• Originally posted by Serbian_Layup View Post
              Efes' fans should thank God that @Toruku and @Furkan Korkmaz have absolutely nothing to do with Efes' managemet and decisions they make.
              That's true though. Toruko went from splitting out completely this team to Efes being favorites of final 4. And changed his mind on Micic three times during this semifinal
              LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
              Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
              Buzelis, Lelevicius
              Murauskas, Sirvydis
              Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                That's true though. Toruko went from splitting out completely this team to Efes being favorites of final 4. And changed his mind on Micic three times during this semifinal
                I am still convinced that it was time to change the team. It probably wont be enough for the cup.

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                  I agree with your entire post but I think this last sentence summarizes what I think about how the game was lost by Oly mostly due to their inexperience in my opinion.
                  You 're right, it's obviosly watching this game some of Olympiacod have played first time on f4, like Vezenkov or Dorsey, unlike Pleis or Dunston whose experience substitute some lacks. Also, I think Olympiacos should play a little bit fighting or deliberately aggressive.

Comment

• Originally posted by Toruko View Post
                    I am still convinced that it was time to change the team. It probably wont be enough for the cup.
                    You don't change MVP, you change surroundings. Even that is questionable when you have a winning team.

Comment

You don't change MVP, you change surroundings. Even that is questionable when you have a winning team.
                      Its up to Micic. I dont think Efes will say no if he wants to stay but i am also ok if he goes to the NBA but many many guys must be exchanged after this season. This is clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by paspalj View Post
                        Although different playing styles among them, I don't think that DD, Papaloukas, Span can be ordered like that. They all belong in S tier PG class. Sloukas and Zisis are below them for sure. Giannakis is from a different age so I can't compare them. Giannakis was an incredible PG that could easily be (almost) what Galis was. He was scoring 30-40 with Ionikos and then decided to take a different role to exist with Galis in Aris. He is an extraordinary player but I don't like comparing players from different eras.

Anyway we are offtopic so I'll stop with that
                        Sloukad weaker then those, who you mentioned by abilities, but by visioj of play, they arent much weaker. Unlike mostly of this season, today he didn't lead play on high level of creativity and making decision in order to lessen shooting and atletical abilities of Larkin or height of Micic. Whole 2nd half Olympiacos didn't has control in offense, Sloukas didn't start 2nd half, in 4th quarter more quick players with less creation. At beginning Sloukas and Walkup together on the court loojed good, later Walkup misses many shoots and Sloukas didn't bring alone what he can.

Comment

• Yabusele/Mirotic as it seems will be a huge matchup.

Davies should continue shooting mid range shots against Tavares, not going at him on the rim. That's how he can give troubles to Tavares, used to that even in his Zalgiris days.

Comment

Lol, why? I never waived any player, but my biggest issue is with Micic, and not necessarily his presence in the team but his salary. Yes he made that match winner and it forces me to forgive him, but we cant say he played remotely to the level his salary would require him to. Especially those 2 missed freethrows... Efes needed a match winner against a horribly playing Oly in the second half, if Micic played good today the game would have never been this close.

Comment

• Atmosphere for the El Classico seems kind of flat, I was at the London El Classico and the atmosphere was much more intense, I guess that’s the problem with selling 11000 out of 15000 tickets to fans of one team, all the more so when said team goes out in the first game of the F4.

Comment

• Originally posted by trey from mars View Post
                                Atmosphere for the El Classico seems kind of flat, I was at the London El Classico and the atmosphere was much more intense, I guess that’s the problem with selling 11000 out of 15000 tickets to fans of one team, all the more so when said team goes out in the first game of the F4.
                                The tickets were available to everyone.
                                3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information