EL Playoffs 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Yeah. I think that shows how important Vesely is for our set offense. But I guess tiredness also plays a role in bad decision making
    Vesely is important from many reasons. I can't understand why Pierre,Guduric,Brown or even De Colo didn't give a single ball back to 3pt line from those situations(penetrations, post up, etc_. CSKA did that all the time and they had 34 shoots(mainly open). What's purpose of having coach if he doesn't notice such obvious issue

Comment

• Originally posted by janketa View Post
      Very poor coaching by Can in both games.

It's unnecessarily even to comment involving Sipahi in high level game, or giving to Brown 27 minutes, while Biberovic (who played perfect his role) got just 14 minutes.

I just could agree with decision to play with Barthel instead of O'Quinn. From two awful performances I would always pick less evil. O'Quinn's post up game should be recorded and kids could learn how not to do those things. He is clown and streeballer in those situations. Though in first game he was good because he did things he know(mid range shoots and passing to open players). Tonight again to streetball mode

But, the main problem and why Itoudis is such great coach and Can is just little kid on the bench. I didn't notice one single assist from under rim crowd to open player(except one from Pierre to Barthel which he fucked). CSKA did it perfectly all game. 5 players on 3pt line then penetration and ball back to open player. They killed us with that game. At the end of the day we lost from better and smartest team.
      For the first time this season I wanted to see Zoc on the bench because he did that all the time even with awful roster he had last season.

PS, Barthel had 100% shooting tonight and just 1 TO. Strange to see negative comments about him. Though he could better I admit that.
      Thank you for an adequate assessment of the game, without all this "refs are helping CSKA". IMO, Fener played better than the 1st game, but they do not have enough resorses. Nando cannot play 35 minutes with the highest intensity for 2 games in a row. And there is no help except for Guduric.
      I am very much satisfied with my team today, because (almost) everybody were doing their best. Especially Dani and Toko, who was simply awfull the previous game. Strange thing, but it really looks like team chemistry is better without Mike and other players feel more comfortable and play better. Our 24 assists (17 in the 1st half!) are unheard of for this roster since Mike's appearance. In the last 2 seasons the team averaged 15, at most.
      Zenit did just great job! Such a pity they could not win. But this Barca is not worthy to be a champion and they won't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Obina View Post
        Barca is so annoying to watch. If I am fan of team with their budget I would cry every day for wasting money on Calathes.

Pity for Zenit but they are still in. I hope that Ponitka and Gudaitis will be ready.
        Even after game 1 this was still shocking to watch. Hanga pretty much saved them. Zenit playing like the better team.

Comment

• Zenit-Efes final could be interesting one.

Comment

• Originally posted by Worrax View Post
            Zenit-Efes final could be interesting one.
            I don't think so. Efes is playing totally opposite than Barca. Guards doing everything. You cannot just clog the paint against Efes, like you can against Barca. Pangos can guard Calathes, but he will be useless against Micic/Larkin.
            previously known as Beno

Comment

• If a fan did this there would be punishment, but it's the fucking team mascot so I guess it's okay??

Edit: In 2016, Wade was fined by NBA for throat-slashing gesture
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                I don't think so. Efes is playing totally opposite than Barca. Guards doing everything. You cannot just clog the paint against Efes, like you can against Barca. Pangos can guard Calathes, but he will be useless against Micic/Larkin.
                You don't think it will be interesting or you don't think it will happen... Zenit is so tough, they proved. Technically you're right and as you know anything can happen anytime. I won't be shocked if Zenit-Bayern, Efes-Fener matchups happens. Zenit-Bayern are the nice surprises of the season. Never thought they will be in playoffs at the begining of the season.

Comment

• The difference between Barca and Efes are immense. First, all guards of EFes are solid shooter who can create their shots, yeah even the forwards are solid shooter and can make plays. Barca cant even dream of it. Barca plays an old fashioned game from the low post and Saras looks like a bad copy of ZOC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Worrax View Post
                    You don't think it will be interesting or you don't think it will happen... Zenit is so tough, they proved. Technically you're right and as you know anything can happen anytime. I won't be shocked if Zenit-Bayern, Efes-Fener matchups happens. Zenit-Bayern are the nice surprises of the season. Never thought they will be in playoffs at the begining of the season.
                    I don't think Zenit has reasonable chances against Efes. Barca is the best matchup for them, Armani will be tougher and Efes the worst possible. On the other hand, Barca is the toughest matchup for Efes, if they somehow find the solution for Larkin.
                    previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                      I don't think Zenit has reasonable chances against Efes. Barca is the best matchup for them, Armani will be tougher and Efes the worst possible. On the other hand, Barca is the toughest matchup for Efes, if they somehow find the solution for Larkin.
                      I think the worst matchup for Efes is Milan. Though I still think that Barca is the best roster and favorite no1.

They made big mistake with pg, replacing Delaney and Pangos (both among top5 point guards in EL) with Calathes and Westerman is almost suicide. Other then that I don't see any weak spot in the roster.

Comment

I think the worst matchup for Efes is Milan. Though I still think that Barca is the best roster and favorite no1.

They made big mistake with pg, replacing Delaney and Pangos (both among top5 point guards in EL) with Calathes and Westerman is almost suicide. Other then that I don't see any weak spot in the roster.
                        Calathes running point in playoffs is as bad as it can get. Zenit could have easily been 2:0 and big favourite to win series. Saras benched Gasol yesterday and he should do the same with Calathes or at least half his minutes. To win Efes you need low scoring game and Barca has the best roster to do that. Key in Barca-Efes matchup is Larkin. Saras didn't show much in this season, but playing dirty D is his speciality. How things looks at the moment, Efes is clear favourite though. On the other hand it's difficult season, bad luck with injuries or Covid and everything can change.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Until now

The best coached team with the best game plan: CSKA
                          The best roster overall: Barca
                          Team with the most Top5 players in the roster: Fener
                          The most balanced roster: Milan
                          The most unbalanced roster: Fener

Comment

• Love what Zenit providing, but I have little doubt Barsa will be in the final 4. My impression is that early struggle is a blessing for Barsa. They will thicken their skin before do or die final 4 stage (still extremely stupid format of EL which continues for decades...why not to let the strongest team prevail in series? Now it's open for flukes). Calathes (with all the hate he receives here...) and Mirotic won't be choking all the time. They will bounce back and will cement the core of Barsa's BB. Way too experienced not to do that. Also I believe Barsa is still the best defensive team in EL. They will have more complete and dominant defensive performances in the future. They need more offensive flow ATM and that should come eventually. The pressure has been holding them down more than I expected, but the flow will come. Probably another nervous close game and Barsa should brake the eyes of playoffs. The leadership of Mirotic is a must though. He has to be big for Barsa if they want to snatch a title.
                            LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
                            Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
                            Buzelis, Lelevicius
                            Murauskas, Sirvydis
                            Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

• Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
                              Love what Zenit providing, but I have little doubt Barsa will be in the final 4. My impression is that early struggle is a blessing for Barsa. They will thicken their skin before do or die final 4 stage (still extremely stupid format of EL which continues for decades...why not to let the strongest team prevail in series? Now it's open for flukes). Calathes (with all the hate he receives here...) and Mirotic won't be choking all the time. They will bounce back and will cement the core of Barsa's BB. Way too experienced not to do that. Also I believe Barsa is still the best defensive team in EL. They will have more complete and dominant defensive performances in the future. They need more offensive flow ATM and that should come eventually. The pressure has been holding them down more than I expected, but the flow will come. Probably another nervous close game and Barsa should brake the eyes of playoffs. The leadership of Mirotic is a must though. He has to be big for Barsa if they want to snatch a title.
                              Mirotic having problems is positively correlated with Calathes, they're playing 4/5 when Calathes is in the game.
                              previously known as Beno

Comment

Until now

The best coached team with the best game plan: CSKA
                                The best roster overall: Barca
                                Team with the most Top5 players in the roster: Fener
                                The most balanced roster: Milan
                                The most unbalanced roster: Fener
                                From my point of view - Efes is the best in everything.

Only chance for rest of teams is one-game format in the final tournament. One of the best teams in euroleague history.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information