No announcement yet.

Euroleague/Club Competition 2020-21: Signings & Rumours - vol. I

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hoped Polonara would come to Efes. He is the archetypal Ataman player He could have milked him for 35 mins/game
    He´ll surely contribute to Fener. Can´t perform worse than Barthel or Ulanovas.
    Last edited by Deschain; 06-03-2021, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Polonara is good signing(if it's true)

But path to the F4 roster is long and complicated.

The fastest way is to get rid of Melih, Ulanovas and Brown asap, Then 3 new players

Kokoskov should go for 'his' players Jovic and Prepelic in backcourt.
      I personally wish Pangos but probably he will stay in Zenit

Comment

• Jordan Loyd close to Zenit.

Comment

• Originally posted by Katastroika View Post
          What's your objective take on Schiller after first season? It's interesting that many criticize him heavily as far as I can see and consider him to be a "structural coach" without capacities for adaption. Especially in first phase of season before your playbook was obvious for scouting it worked very well - I have good thinking of his knowledge but question is if he can further develop.
          I agree. One of the 5 best coaches in Euroleague this season, if we include results, play, tactic and circumstances. Zalgiris actually was on 9th place. Crazy series of wins of Milano,as well good start Zenit and Bayern brought Zalgiris in situation few weeks ago without realistic chances.

Play of Zalgiris from point of the view of coach is good prepared, well controlled and correct individual level.I think they missed one player on pg or sg or combo who can control pace and who is correct scorer. Hayes is out of system, I dont think he has such individual quality that Zalgiris should let him do it. Lauvergne played better than earlier seasons, Rubbit was probably neglected by role. Grigonis had best season in the life big miss will be next season for Zalgiris.

Comment

• Apparently Khimki won't even participate in the VTB league next season so presumably all their players will be free agents.

I wonder where Shved will end up?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              Apparently Khimki won't even participate in the VTB league next season so presumably all their players will be free agents.

I wonder where Shved will end up?
              Somewhere in Russia.

Comment

• I have the same feeling. I don't think CSKA will try to sign him, but Unics or LOKO will. I don't think Pascual is something crazy about him.

Comment

• I doubt Shved will move from Moscow, where he and his wife has business, unless its NBA or EL

Comment

• Originally posted by Mindozas View Post
                    I doubt Shved will move from Moscow, where he and his wife has business, unless its NBA or EL
                    This has to be a pretty big blow to the VTB League. After CSKA, Khimki must have been the biggest spenders and most consistent club over the past decade or so.
                    Also not great news for Jordi either. They were either a Eurocup contender or (mostly) a competitive Euroleague team during those years also.

Comment

This has to be a pretty big blow to the VTB League. After CSKA, Khimki must have been the biggest spenders and most consistent club over the past decade or so.
                      Also not great news for Jordi either. They were either a Eurocup contender or (mostly) a competitive Euroleague team during those years also.
                      I think Jordi doesn't care too much, cause he won a jackpot with Zenit now. Big city club with big sponsor. Maybe he even lost a bit of a headache, cause Khimki always looked like a candidate for that longterm wildcard, but smth was missing (it's still a region, and that shady stability), and now with Zenit there's a full package. I bet that Zenit will get long term license soon

Comment

I think Jordi doesn't care too much, cause he won a jackpot with Zenit now. Big city club with big sponsor. Maybe he even lost a bit of a headache, cause Khimki always looked like a candidate for that longterm wildcard, but smth was missing (it's still a region, and that shady stability), and now with Zenit there's a full package. I bet that Zenit will get long term license soon
                        That's a good point. Really more of an issue for Eurocup because the Russian and Spanish teams are mostly what is giving it the edge over the BCL.

Do you think Khimki will still be able to field a Super League 1 team at least?

Comment

That's a good point. Really more of an issue for Eurocup because the Russian and Spanish teams are mostly what is giving it the edge over the BCL.

Do you think Khimki will still be able to field a Super League 1 team at least?
                          Hard to say, mate, really hard. The last time I read anything from them, they were sayin that maybe it will be a "time-out" for Khimki in VTB, but at least basketball will be alive there, region cares a lot about it and etc. But I can't say that I bought it

Comment

Hard to say, mate, really hard. The last time I read anything from them, they were sayin that maybe it will be a "time-out" for Khimki in VTB, but at least basketball will be alive there, region cares a lot about it and etc. But I can't say that I bought it
                            Yeah doesn't sound too good unfortunately.

Comment

• Next season could be successful for Fener. I see rumor that Benitez is coming to football club. Great for that poor guy Tevfik(Marco),I don't know anymore what is his nick

But back to basketball, if rumor about De Colo for next two years is true, then there is a good chance for us to make respectable roster with 2 or 3 new playes. New (decent)pg, SF instead of Ulanovas and back up center(not streetballer this time) is quit enough imo

Comment

• How is it even possible that Turkish Clubs can generate high budgets regarding the absolutely dramatic fall of Lira over the last decade? I have looked it up and most of the sponsors (Fenerbahce and Efes) are based in Turkey. Do they receive support of the government?

Benitez is a great dinosaur.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information