Euroleague Regular Season: Week 29

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vivo View Post
    Since you quoted me I reply, I agree with all of this. Current situation in Euroleague is nowhere near English Premier League or Lithuanian league
    I quoted you just to continue your reasoning.
    previously known as Beno

Comment

Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
      In Slovenia basketball season will very probably be finished without new champion. Clubs made that proposal.
      It's official now, season has ended with no champion.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
        I think people started to think this absurd idea because the lithuanian league declared Zalgris as champion, there is really no competition in Lithuanian league, so that can't be an example for any competitive league let alone Euroleague. And I still say that's an asspull and stupid decision, is there any lithuanian user here who can explain why their basketball federation did something as stupid as that?

Originally posted by vivo View Post
        I don't think crowning Efes is fair to other good teams, but if the season is deemed null, I'd really feel sorry for Efes (except for Ataman) too, even though I wouldn't want Efes to win the title if it were a normal season. I know how mad I would be if Fener were playing so great and this shit happened
        We already see what happened in 2019, we were in the same position and we still lost the championship because of injuries and other factors. That's how EL is. I wouldn't be mad at all if we were the leader of the league right now, because there is no guarantee of winning in final four, everyone should've learned that by now. 2018 CSKA was the same, they were the leader and they still lost the championship, they didn't even play the final, as well as 2017 Real lost it after finishing the season at the top.

It's official now, season has ended with no champion.
        That's how it should happen. I've no idea what lithuanian federation was thinking by declaring a champion.
        Last edited by Tevfik1907; 03-20-2020, 10:58 AM.
        FENERBAHÇE
        --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
        --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---
        --- 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019 Euroleague Final Four ---
        --- 2017 Euroleague Champion ---

Comment

Reason for not ending Premier league is much bigger than just getting new champion.
          previously known as Beno

Comment

Reason for not ending Premier league is much bigger than just getting new champion.
            If every English team accepts Liverpool's championship in premier league, then maybe they can give their championship. Otherwise it would be a robery, also there are many issues like who will join the champions league and who will drop down into a lower league. If they declare a champion, they need to declare other number 2 and number 3 as certain, which is stupid without finishing the league, and the teams that will drop down to the lower league will disagree with this, and they can even sue the federation for doing something as stupid as that.

They either need to continue somehow after a month or two months, by stealing from the summer holiday, or they need to declare the league is cancelled without declaring a champion.
            FENERBAHÇE
            --- 1967, 2010, 2011, 2013, 2016, 2019, 2020 Turkish Basketball Cup Champion ---
            --- 1991, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2014, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2022 Turkish Basketball League Champion ---

Comment

Originally posted by Tevfik1907 View Post
              If every English team accepts Liverpool's championship in premier league, then maybe they can give their championship. Otherwise it would be a robery, also there are many issues like who will join the champions league and who will drop down into a lower league. If they declare a champion, they need to declare other number 2 and number 3 as certain, which is stupid without finishing the league, and the teams that will drop down to the lower league will disagree with this, and they can even sue the federation for doing something as stupid as that.

They either need to continue somehow after a month or two months, by stealing from the summer holiday, or they need to declare the league is cancelled without declaring a champion.
              Primarily is about money, a lot of money.
              previously known as Beno

Comment

I really cannot understand, why are people mentioning only Efes? At least Real and Barca have very similar chances to win the title too. Or what about smaller teams that are fighting for the playoffs? This situation is catastrophic for everyone. And no, Efes haven’t deserved anything except home court advantage yet.
                if the season ends now, it's either null or Efes. No point discussing about Real, Barca or another team. The first 8 teams have the chance to become a winner, and considering the standings, that covers like 12 teams today.

Again Efes "deserving" or not is not the point. they are the first if the season ends. Now, does that mean anything? that's the decision EL will make.

I expect an announcement that the season is over with no winners, and I'm fine with that.
                5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post
                  if the season ends now, it's either null or Efes. No point discussing about Real, Barca or another team. The first 8 teams have the chance to become a winner, and considering the standings, that covers like 12 teams today.

Again Efes "deserving" or not is not the point. they are the first if the season ends. Now, does that mean anything? that's the decision EL will make.

I expect an announcement that the season is over with no winners, and I'm fine with that.
                  I meant, mentioning Efes being the only one screwed over. Real had great season too, Barca invested big money to fight for the title, Maccabi having the best season in a long time, some small teams putting great fight to make playoffs... They’re all casualties of this virus. Shit happens all the time. Some here are basically saying, Euroleague has to give a big gift to Efes and screw over all other teams.
                  previously known as Beno

Comment

I meant, mentioning Efes being the only one screwed over. Real had great season too, Barca invested big money to fight for the title, Maccabi having the best season in a long time, some small teams putting great fight to make playoffs... They’re all casualties of this virus. Shit happens all the time. Some here are basically saying, Euroleague has to give a big gift to Efes and screw over all other teams.
                    Certainly.
                    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

this discussion never ends, and I am sure Efes haters who are claiming that Efes should not be accepted as winner would say opposite if this was for Fenerbahçe..
                      But, the thing is, this will not be somebodies will, but consequences of what is happening around the world. There is no solution can be fair for everyone.
                      I can only thing that some of this seasons standing can be used for some calculation next year, like tiebreaker, or anything else..

Comment

F4 or Efes as winner.

Cancelation would be shame for the whole EL.

You can't compare Slovenian league with 5 milion budget and EL with 250 milion budget.

F4 or F8 in Istanbul is the best solution.

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          F4 or Efes as winner.

You can't compare Slovenian league with 5 milion budget and EL with 250 milion budget.

I don't understand what have budget with rules or common sense?

Why in Istanbul? Oh yes, you're still not testing people. USA had same idea and we're seeing real situation in last days.
                          previously known as Beno

Comment

F4 or Efes as winner.

Budget has nothing to do with this. Competition level does.

Let's say Slovenian league is more competitive than many leagues, that doesn't make their league better or more expensive, but it's competitive and no team would agree to declare a champion over a regular season standing. Thus they agreed to cancel the league if they can't play it.

Not a single team in Euroleague would accept the asinine idea that Efes should be declared as champion over a regular season standing, which all of its purpose is to take the home court advantage in playoffs (which Efes doesn't even have that supporter advantage), regular season standings is not even a deciding factor in final four. If they can't play it then cancel it.
                            FENERBAHÇE

Comment

I don't understand what have budget with rules or common sense?

Why in Istanbul? Oh yes, you're still not testing people. USA had same idea and we're seeing real situation in last days.
                              Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
                              I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

Cancelation would be big shame for EL.

Comment

Wasting 250 milions and 5 milions is the same?
                                I am sure big clubs in EL will never agree with cancelation, for instance Barca invested 45 milions and now they should finish the season without chance to fight for title?

Cancelation would be big shame for EL.
                                EU is shutdown to at least mid April, probably a lot more. Italy and Spain looking like war zone. Turkey's new Corona cases growing rate is exponential like in most of Europe. Nobody is training, Americans are going home. It's not about what clubs want, but what governments will do to stop the virus.
                                Last edited by Killer Bob; 03-20-2020, 10:16 PM.
                                previously known as Beno

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information