This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Euroleague/Club Competition 2018-19: Signings & Rumours - offseason

EL season is over, and cards will be reshuffled. it's appropriate to have a new thread. Please share/discuss the summer signing and rumors here.

(the previous thread can be viewed here)

Guidelines to follow
    (
    by JPF):
    1. keep it clean and polite
    2. try to stay away from one lined posts (and "source?", "link?", etc)
    3. use edit button, instead of posting 3 messages in 2 minutes
    4. read at least some posts before posting your news
    5. this thread isn't and never was for Euroleague and Eurocup rumours only, but try not to report every single transfer that happened - instead try to judge on which one could be interesting for others.
    6. Make use of links in an informative manner rather than posting just to advertise your website.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

David Pick@IAmDPick

Barcelona are serious contenders to land Brad Wanamaker in the offseason, once his $1.7M deal with Fenerbahce is up, according to sources.

Comment

fener interested in singleton and calathes.
      -singleton: last year he rejected an offer from panathinaikos to renew his contract for 2 more years (until 2019). the offer was worth 1.7M/year. he said he can find more next summer (he meant 2018). right now he earns 1.5M. i dont think with the season he had he will earn more than 1.7,unless some random russian team gives him 2M/year(he would fit to csska of course cause they have noone there,voronsevich is not a high level player imo). i dont think he would fit well to fener though. they have melli and vesely and there were rumours about udoh for next year. panathinaikos will try to renew him,but i think our offer will not be 1.7M/year this time. max 3M for 2 years. i think its 80-20 that he leaves but not for fener

-calathes: rumours are that panathinaikos has already started talks with him to renew his contract for 3 more years with 2.6-2.8M/year (he earns 2M now). fener will definetely not go that high (they offered 1.5-1.6 i cant recall,when he came back from the nba 3 years ago).plus DPG will not allow to lose a greek player,especially from obradovic. unless he finds a contract at nba (and not just a minimum,like 5 years ago when he still had the dream to play there) i think he will with us. imo its either nba or panathinaikos with 80-20 chances that he stays with us,cause he will ask for a certain role as well in the nba,not just some benchwarmer
      Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Buducnost renew contract with Gordic, Ivanovic, Barovic and Popovic.

Comment

CSKA Moscow reportedly interested in David Blatt for next season via Sportando
          Second option - Jasikevicius.

Comment

greek twitter "insiders" said that panathinaikos had talks during the f4 with ulanovas (i dont like him) and another american(name unknown). anyway first priority right now is keeping calathes and james and building the team around these 2
            Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by saras View Post
              greek twitter "insiders" said that panathinaikos had talks during the f4 with ulanovas (i dont like him) and another american(name unknown). anyway first priority right now is keeping calathes and james and building the team around these 2
              I see Calathes going back to NBA
              Dilimde şarkıların gündüz gece
              Deli gibi aşığız Fenerbahçe
              Bu dünyayı yakarız senin için
              Şampiyonluk gelince

Comment

Twitter insiders also claim that PAO players havent been paid for 5 months

same situation for Olympiacos pretty much...Pao and Oly spolied fans will have a rude awakening when they realise that noone is crazy enough to lose millions year after year and at some point they'll just quit.The time is coming.

Comment

We should go for Mike James rather then for Calathes. After(probably) Wilbekin come we don't need another pg in the team.
                  After Doncic leave next EL will be even worse quality then this one. I don't see the reason why we couldn't be more competetive then this season.

The best scenario for us:
                  Wanamaker,Thompson, Nunnalli out
                  Wilbekin,James,solid pf(just normal basketball player as back up for Melli) in

Even old Antic would be better then this moron Thompson staying)

Even in this F4 we could win with this roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                    Twitter insiders also claim that PAO players havent been paid for 5 months

same situation for Olympiacos pretty much...Pao and Oly spolied fans will have a rude awakening when they realise that noone is crazy enough to lose millions year after year and at some point they'll just quit.The time is coming.
                    there's a big difference though. those claims about olympiakos came from olympiakos journalists. the same guys that today said about other teams that havent paid their players,they didnt name panathinaikos. the same guys that had "inside infos" as well last year claiming that calathes had agreed to play in the nba,gist and singleton at khimki etc. there are 3 certain guys that spread these rumours and they are all mouthpiece of aggelopoulous. stefanou,varlas and diamantopoulos

maybe they know what's coming for them at the finals (if olympiakos makes it there). the trial against aggelopoulous father is still going and he will probably win it so their bank accounts will be frozen. no wonder their yesterday's announcement that sounded like a goodbye announcement. nobody will miss these 2 spoiled brats that went against their own father for money
                    Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                      We should go for Mike James rather then for Calathes. After(probably) Wilbekin come we don't need another pg in the team.
                      After Doncic leave next EL will be even worse quality then this one. I don't see the reason why we couldn't be more competetive then this season.

The best scenario for us:
                      Wanamaker,Thompson, Nunnalli out
                      Wilbekin,James,solid pf(just normal basketball player as back up for Melli) in

Even in this F4 we could win with this roster.
                      its more likely that DPG will come to fener than mike james. he has a "special" relationship with fener fans at twitter if you check his account
                      Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

its more likely that DPG will come to fener than mike james. he has a "special" relationship with fener fans at twitter if you check his account
                        I don't use twitter but it's normal such "fans" exist everywhere. I call them "football fans" because they don't have a clue about basketball.
                        I am sure that Spa didn't have the best relations with Oly fans before coming to Oly too

Comment

Originally posted by janketa View Post
                          I don't use twitter but it's normal such "fans" exist everywhere. I call them "football fans" because they don't have a clue about basketball.
                          I am sure that Spa didn't have the best relations with Oly fans before coming to Oly too
                          anyway. panathinaikos doesnt have the total budget of fener. however as long as obradovic stays there,DPG will raise the contracts of players wanted by obradovic just to not let him take players there. only exception might be singleton,but i dont think obradovic wants him anyway and where would he fit in there with melli,vesely and possibly udoh?
                          Sasa Pukl for MVP

Comment

I read that Sassari are interested in Alessandro Gentile. Anyone here watched him play much this season? Was wondering if he'd found some form again.

Comment

there's a big difference though. those claims about olympiakos came from olympiakos journalists. the same guys that today said about other teams that havent paid their players,they didnt name panathinaikos. the same guys that had "inside infos" as well last year claiming that calathes had agreed to play in the nba,gist and singleton at khimki etc. there are 3 certain guys that spread these rumours and they are all mouthpiece of aggelopoulous. stefanou,varlas and diamantopoulos

maybe they know what's coming for them at the finals (if olympiakos makes it there). the trial against aggelopoulous father is still going and he will probably win it so their bank accounts will be frozen. no wonder their yesterday's announcement that sounded like a goodbye announcement. nobody will miss these 2 spoiled brats that went against their own father for money
                              The I way I heard it, about 2 years ago, not paying the players fully is not even all that uncommon among the top10 euroleague clubs. The thing is that those are still the top-paying clubs and neither agents or players profit anything from putting them on BAT court, since that would close quite some doors, especialy for the agents.

Generating some 10 M €, which is a lot for european circumstances, while spending 20, 25 M €... shows it's more about prestige than healthy business and that is an issue that vast majority of top european clubs have. Maccabi has the healthiest revenues in whole europe by far and look where that brings them without putting additional millions into their team year after year.
                              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
                              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information