2016-17 season wil start with only 16 teams

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hot Spot View Post

Edit: "My sources" tell me, that many national leagues and clubs now feel like sitting between two (ugly) chairs. Maybe they should talk about creating an own european competition and leave FIBA and Euroleague alone?
    Isn't EL is managed by clubs themselves? As I understand EL governance board is made of club representatives. So I assume EL is already their "own" competition.
    Last edited by taspac; 11-26-2015, 09:05 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by taspac View Post
      Isn't EL is managed by clubs themselves? As I understand EL governance board is made of club representatives. So I assume EL is already their "own" competition.
      The recent move of the creation of the new format (league of 16 with 11 A-licenses) was a cooup alone by the 11 clubs, which have an A-license. They kept this secret until the end towards the other clubs (the ones with B-license like Khimki or Bamberg). They simply together with IMG created their own new league. The General Assemby of the 24 clubs - so far the highest executive body of the Euroleague - has nothing to say in this new league.

Comment

Working...
      X

Debug Information