No announcement yet.

[1/4 Finals] Greece - Russia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For all who have still doubts. The serious newspaper "To Vima" reported that Missas is planning to step back from his position as NT coach after the end of the tournament.
    Source http://www.tovima.gr/sports/article/?aid=899842

Πρακτικά αυτό σημαίνει ότι ο διάδοχος του Κώστα Μίσσα, ο οποίος σύμφωνα με τις πληροφορίες του «Βήματος» σκέφτεται να ανακοινώσει την αποχώρησή του από την Ανδρών μετά την ολοκλήρωση του Ευρωμπάσκετ, θα πρέπει να έχει στο μυαλό του δύο Εθνικές, την Α' και τη Β', αφού θα είναι υποχρεωμένος να επιλέξει από μια διευρυμένη δεξαμενή όχι μόνο πρωτοκλασάτων παικτών.
    Translation:
    Practically this means that the successor of Kostas Missas, who according to informations available to "BHMA" is going to announce his retirement from the mens national team after the end of the tournament, will need to have two national teams in mind, the A and the B team. Since he will be obligated to choose form a broaden pool of players which are not all first class.
    You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by fasoulaki View Post
      I want to say one thing to the IBN people. I want you to listen to me. I am going to say this again: "Greece has no chance to win a medal!" These allegations are false!
      If you're so sure bet on Russia. 1.8 is nice for a sure thing. It looks to me betting houses will go bankrupt tomorrow, if Greek Ibn users are right.
      previously known as Beno

Comment

• The comments about the worst national team are not about basketball they are about top trumps.

You guys fail to appreciate several nuances of the game that are very important. It absolutely is not about which team has the best roster. Team chemistry, psychology, and momentum (in 2-week tournaments) are far more important than individual players.

If it was based just on roster Serbia and Lithuania would not have won anywhere near as many medals in recent competitions. And Spain would not have won Eurobasket 2015. If you remember they barely made it out of the group stage by beating Germany in overtime by the skin of their teeth in the last game.

I would also argue, that losing in the preparation friendlies and the 1st round is absolutely necessary for a positive result in the tournament. There is very few examples of teams winning the tournament undefeated (except team USA, which is in a completely different league altogether). An early loss or two reminds everybody how things can go wrong and that they need to stay focused the entire game.

This Greek team has lots of isssues. Definitely far more than previous teams. But it also has far less pressure as it's now seen as an underdog and many very experienced, quality players that now have motivation to prove everybody wrong.

And yes, I will bet on Greece to beat Russia! If I send you proof how long before I can see a photo of your Agravanis punched eye tattoo??
        Last edited by kento502; 09-11-2017, 09:49 PM.

Comment

For all who have still doubts. The serious newspaper "To Vima" reported that Missas is planning to step back from his position as NT coach after the end of the tournament.
          Source http://www.tovima.gr/sports/article/?aid=899842

Translation:
          That was already known, the point is who's going to take over with 3 Greek coaches already being in EL.
          1997 - 2012 - 2013

Comment

• Originally posted by R1ou View Post
            That was already known, the point is who's going to take over with 3 Greek coaches already being in EL.
            Maybe the federation's janitor!

Comment

• Originally posted by EverGreen View Post
              Yes he was.

He tried to dunk on Shaq and was rejected whilst holding the ball in the 1994 World Championships. Sat flat on his bum. We laughed all summer with that.

check 1.07. gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1u1VHHlzN5I
              Also at 2:40 easy rebound = own basket
              41st place - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game!!

Comment

• Lithuanian coach Patseas says he does not regret anything what he said about Missas. In addition he commented that it was wrong from Missas to say that he will talk about the internal team problems analyticaly after the end of the tournament. Calathes has been the real coach behind the victory of Greece against Lithuania.

I am sorry Patseas but a WOMENS-TEAM coach was the man in charge nobody else!

Comment

Lithuanian coach Patseas says he does not regret anything what he said about Missas. In addition he commented that it was wrong from Missas to say that he will talk about the internal team problems analyticaly after the end of the tournament. Calathes has been the real coach behind the victory of Greece against Lithuania.

I am sorry Patseas but a WOMENS-TEAM coach was the man in charge nobody else!
                  If we make the semi's I dont think Missas will say anything of what was happening until the Poland game.I think whatever differances and arguments were happening were put aside and they all united under a common cause. Missas doesnt have the power over the players the way a club coach has so he probably talked to the players hearts instead of threatening them with expulsion. I still dont rate him as a coach but he seems to have come up with something that works since the Poland game and will stick to it.

Sloukas taking charge and leading the team has been the revelation for Greece. Until the Poland game, Sloukas was an ex-Oly and Fener support player. Greece were like a headless chicken. He is now TOP DOG of Greece.
                  Mi imamo svoga boga, on se zove Bodiroga.
                  Demetrious "Primo Gavrorum Malleus" Diamantidis

Thank you for all you have given me. 6*
                  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=23Bxh4eYMxw

Panathinaikos is not just a club. It's a religion.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtWbTZbfkI8

When the OAKA foundations moved a couple metres
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7KbFl2mO8E0

Comment

• I do think the main weapon for Greece is Calathes and Sloukas ! They have to impose their tempo.
                    On offence if they turn the ball correctly and shoot well they can win it.
                    But team defense is the most important thing ! No second chance for Russia or they will be in trouble and they have to focus 40 min.
                    My prediction +8 for Greece

Comment

• So all poeple who believe in a medal for this greek team should listen to the WOMENS-TEAM coach Missas. He says the he was refering to a medal when Giannis was still with the team. So not even Missas believes in Greek success against Russia.

Ο Κώστας Μίσσας αναφέρθηκε στις δυσκολίες του προημιτελικού με τη Ρωσία (13/09, 18:45) ?και εξήγησε τι έχει αλλάξει με την απουσία του Γιάννη Αντετοκούνμπο.

Comment

So all poeple who believe in a medal for this greek team should listen to the WOMENS-TEAM coach Missas. He says the he was refering to a medal when Giannis was still with the team. So not even Missas believes in Greek success against Russia.

http://www.gazzetta.gr/basketball/ar...ton-gianni-gtv
                        There's not a single player or coach in this 8 teams, who doesn't think medal is possible.
                        previously known as Beno

Comment

• Originally posted by Killer Bob View Post
                          There's not a single player or coach in this 8 teams, who doesn't think medal is possible.
                          So you are claiming that Missas is telling lies!??!?!

Comment

So you are claiming that Missas is telling lies!??!?!
                            The whole article is what Greece has to do to win against Russia. He's just not certain anymore that Greece will win medal or more precise now only goal is to win Russia and then they will see what comes. Imho even with Giannis, who never played particular well under Fiba rules, the medal wouldn't be certain, but of course it would be more probable.
                            previously known as Beno

Comment

• At least, Missas will not return as a complete failure. On the contrary, he was relatively successful considering the result and the circumstances. I felt somehow sorry for the guy before. Many wrong things had happened but it was not his fault. From what I have heard/read, he was forced to become NT's coach, nothing to do with personal ambition and such.

The funniest thing is that Patsesas unwillingly helped him a lot

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
                                The funniest thing is that Patsesas unwillingly helped him a lot
                                And he continues to do so! But all support is futile. This greek nt which is the worst ever and is guided by a womens-team coach will loose against Russia tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information