No announcement yet.

Filipino Ballers in the US...News and Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before 2027 FIBA WC I tend to believe that Qatar will try to use being a host as leverage in asking FIBA to relax its rules on foreign born players specifically securing passport by age 16. With Qataris’ clout and money they can made it happen lobbying to adjust passport by age 18 I reckoned. Their present crop of hoarded players from abroad (Bosnian and Senegalese) are lacking quality. So I won’t be surprised as early as when they won the bid to host 2027 edition they are on recruiting rampage of young talents abroad.

What would be its implication to Philippines? Well for me it will be positive as we can recruit and process papers with Fil-foreign prospects and naturalise FSAs earlier as well…

Comment

• Originally posted by FilWelsh View Post
      Before 2027 FIBA WC I tend to believe that Qatar will try to use being a host as leverage in asking FIBA to relax its rules on foreign born players specifically securing passport by age 16. With Qataris’ clout and money they can made it happen lobbying to adjust passport by age 18 I reckoned. Their present crop of hoarded players from abroad (Bosnian and Senegalese) are lacking quality. So I won’t be surprised as early as when they won the bid to host 2027 edition they are on recruiting rampage of young talents abroad.

What would be its implication to Philippines? Well for me it will be positive as we can recruit and process papers with Fil-foreign prospects and naturalise FSAs earlier as well…
      You don't need to post the same thing in multiple threads. Makes you looking desperate for the spotlight.
      sigpic

Comment

• Caelum Harris officially signs for Univ of Nevada while Vyc Miller has narrowed his choices to 5 that includes Gonzaga and G League Ignite.

Bayla and Konov are in the same batch and things being quiet about their recruitment might mean they're pinoy-bound(?) Still hoping they go D1.

Comment

• Vyctorious Miller commits to Oregon

https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2023/11/vyctorius-miller-4-star-guard-commits-to-oregon-mens-basketball.html

Comment

• Dalph Panopio starting to bounce back after an abysmal year last season.

Comment

• Panopio had a common sophomore slump last year especially since he had a hand injury.

It's still early in the season this year, but his increased minutes the last few games and 63% shooting from 3 is a welcome improvement.

Props to him for continuing to grind. He has a chance to turn out as a really good pg for gilas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metta View Post
                Panopio had a common sophomore slump last year especially since he had a hand injury.

It's still early in the season this year, but his increased minutes the last few games and 63% shooting from 3 is a welcome improvement.

Props to him for continuing to grind. He has a chance to turn out as a really good pg for gilas.
                Next week his school will face yeo jun seok and the gonzaga bulldogs..
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post

They'll most likely get clobbered, team level disparity too big. Still a good experience for him, hopefully his minutes stay consistently high.

Comment

The game after that, they will face Whittier College.

Whittier has freshman guard Sean Cervantes, half-pinoy (half-japanese) 5'9 pg. I've watched that player quite a lot and would dare say he has the potential to be a Jimmy Alapag. Already in the rotation for his team.

Comment

• Originally posted by monsoonxvi View Post

Yes, they physically develop faster and they STILL use the "holdback" strategy. That's why pinoy kids who make it to good varsity teams in the US (especially without repeating a grade) are really good.
                      Indeed, the "holdback" strategy can provide Filipino kids an advantage, even though they develop physically faster. This approach contributes to their success on quality varsity teams in the US, particularly without grade repetition.
                      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Certainly! Holding back Filipino children can give them an advantage, especially in physical development, contributing to their success on US varsity teams without grade repetition.

You do not have permission to view this gallery.
                        This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

• Terrence hill commits to UTAH st. division 1 school

Fil-Am Nation Select’s head coach Chris Gavina revealed that their team captain Terrence Hill is set to embark on a new journey with the Utah State Aggies — an NCAA Division I school. “Utah State’s getting a great player next year. “They’re in March Madness this year, and I can’t wait to see what he’s […]
                          Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Terrence hill commits to UTAH st. division 1 school

https://tiebreakertimes.com.ph/tbt/f...ZAxGjb9wT3cqGU
                            Terrence Hill decommits from Utah State.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post

someone poached him?

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post

Sir TBC,
                                cc: Xenology

I was totally confused.

all the while he is totally committed at coach Danny Sprinkle's program.

oh well, at leeat the kid already obtained(?) a ph doc.I stand to be corrected on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information