No announcement yet.

Philippines Introduction Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shoutout to reamily, sajubeads, weward and manu_bol.. I was still in university when these forumers were already members here. Laban Kung Laban.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
      Sorry, but for old timers like myself, it wasn't a dream, we've seen it with our own eyes.

Have we had a Douthit or a Blatche to go with an Aguilar and a JuneMar with the likes of Fernandez, Jaworski, Atoy Co, and etc... we could have kicked major butts then.

So, I always believed, I never had the need to dream for it.
      In 2006 when i first posted on this forum, it was well just a dream...we have never faced nba calibre type teams on recent memories during that time. Sorry AKA guess am more old timer than you and you should be happy your young ha ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by prince75 View Post
        In 2006 when i first posted on this forum, it was well just a dream...we have never faced nba calibre type teams on recent memories during that time. Sorry AKA guess am more old timer than you and you should be happy your young ha ha ha
        the imagination becomes a reality..
        Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by prince75 View Post
          NBA Champions Washington Wizards came over to the country and had an exhibition match vs. a PBA selection coached by Baby Dalupan.

I was already in college when I watched this dream match up live!

An NBA champion team kept the game close against a totally undersized PBA selection... I guess the newly crowned NBA champs didn't want to be rude to their host... NOT!

It was quite a physical game and a few times times at the brink of having fights breaking out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
            https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=83HIWEVYIsw

I was already in college when I watched this dream match up live!

An NBA champion team kept the game close against a totally undersized PBA selection... I guess the newly crowned NBA champs didn't want to be rude to their host... NOT!

It was quite a physical game and a few times times at the brink of having fights breaking out.
            Then am glad am not even in school at that time lol, in recent times in the late 80s and 90s we havent seen our players against those kind of teams

Comment

• ^
              What game vs NbA level are we referring to? is the Washington Bullets, I'm confused?
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                ^
                What game vs NbA level are we referring to? is the Washington Bullets, I'm confused?
                The washington bullets, 1978 nba champs vs a pba-all star selection

Comment

• Shout out to kaiziken_pinas. Long live idol

Comment

• starting posting here in 2007 when i was 19 going 20. Now 29 going 30. My former account is LeBron23.

Comment

• im new here again...i was a member before but forgot my old password ang just lurks from time to time..gilas fanboy here..
                      Grand Views Meydan | Millennium Estates for Rent

Comment

• i welcome myself back. i used to have anklebreaker as the handle but due to age I forgot my password to my email. thus I created a new one.

Comment

• I'm not very good at playing it but I can and love to play basketball,cheers!!
                          Forum link building service

Comment

• Originally posted by manu_bol View Post
                            The washington bullets, 1978 nba champs vs a pba-all star selection
                            Also the NBA selection that Fil-Am Raymond Tonwsend brought with him to play in the Philippines. We also got several imports in the PBA who are former NBA players.

People really need to do some research before they assumed that the Smart-Gilas All-Star Weekend in 2011 was the first time Filipinos played NBA "caliber" players.

sigpic

Comment

• Where would be the best place to check more accurate stats of pba players and even check all time scoring/rebounding/assists leaders? PBA online has stopped since Philippine cup

Comment

• humblebola.com
                                “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                                -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information