2024 PBA D-League Aspirants Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoJ View Post

surprised that the pba d league was able to get 6 teams, they are basically scrapping the bottom of the barrel for teams/talent.
    I wouldnt call it that bad, DLSU and Beda are defending champs but the drop off is huge.

Comment

Originally posted by CoJ View Post

surprised that the pba d league was able to get 6 teams, they are basically scrapping the bottom of the barrel for teams/talent.
      surprised that pba doesnt tap the pba 3x3 rosters to make up for d league..
      To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
      1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

La Salle with a big lineup.

Marasigan, Abadam, Buensalida, Phillips, Agunanne.

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post

I wouldnt call it that bad, DLSU and Beda are defending champs but the drop off is huge.
          tier 1 , 2 and 3 teams are pretty obvious..

Comment

Originally posted by reamily View Post
            Gaspay doesnt look like 6'3 guy..looks like a wide Hans Thiele/Gabby Espinas.. KQ should be in japan
            6'4" max. watching him right now, he's just out of sync and don't know what's going inside. Buensalida should be shoo-this season..
            LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
            Morayta

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post

dlsu and beda are just using the tournament to get in shape, while st claire and ceu will use it to showcase their talent for the highest bidder.

i miss the times when the d league can field more than 14 teams
              Last edited by CoJ; 03-14-2024, 03:26 PM.

Comment

EcoOil-La Salle 110 - Policarpio 22, Buensalida 16, Gollena 15, Austria 14, Maraisgan 8, Agunanne 8, Abadam 7, Phillips 7, Gaspay 4, Alian 4, David 3, Daja 2, Rubico 0.

Comment

I was expecting UST, Letran or even Benilde to participate in the D League but I guess I was wrong. I think with the MPBL starting in 9 days, would be D League teams cant find quality players to assemble a competitive roster.
                  お元気ですか?

Comment

Originally posted by r1ck View Post
                    I was expecting UST, Letran or even Benilde to participate in the D League but I guess I was wrong. I think with the MPBL starting in 9 days, would be D League teams cant find quality players to assemble a competitive roster.
                    Would have been nice to see UST's retooled unit.

Comment

D league will cease operations in a few years or sooner, it was created with the loss of the PBL now that we have leagues like pinoyliga and even MPBL to a certain extent, theres really no need for it to exist.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Yabuki View Post
                        D league will cease operations in a few years or sooner, it was created with the loss of the PBL now that we have leagues like pinoyliga and even MPBL to a certain extent, theres really no need for it to exist.
                        Becaus ethe develipmental teams are playing in the pba..hehe

I think they need to cater the naascus ucbl and ncaa south leagues

Comment

Haha did I hear the commentators right that because of having only 6 teams, a team can lose all its games and still enter the semis?

Comment

Majority of the NCAA players chose to play in the PSL and MPBL. The NCAA will disallow the use of SGL starting in June or Season 100. So next year might be a different story.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Big_Cat View Post
                              Majority of the NCAA players chose to play in the PSL and MPBL. The NCAA will disallow the use of SGL starting in June or Season 100. So next year might be a different story.
                              Agree. that maybe retooling of D-league. we might see a lot of school based team next season, who knows like Jumbo Plastic-EAC, SGA-Letran/CSB, UST-SMC backed.. missed the old PBL.
                              LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
                              Morayta

Comment

Guys, since you've been talking of the existence of so many basketball leagues in the country like the MPBL, PSL, PinoyLiga, AsiaBasket, NBL, VisMIn Cup, do you think any of those leagues could be considered good development leagues for potential national team players?

What I don't like about the MPBL is that it has so many teams na kahit sino nalang eh pweding maglaro, thereby lowering the level of competition furthermore.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information