Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2023 Asia Pacific world cup qualifiers (windows)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than Kai and JS's inclusion to the pool, I'm actually more intrigued as to what Jamie Malonzo can bring to Gilas and on how he can impact this team both offensively and defensively.

Comment

• SBP is now conditioning the fans by putting the PBA star players in the pool. Now the fans (PBA and Gilas fans) would calm down a little bit to bash the SBP. Debates on whether pba star players inclusion would be deym cycle for every fans/media/IBN to the point that the team couldn’t have decent line-up for every tournament including the FIBA World Cup. It is what it is forever in the PH basketball hehehe.
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by mapuakid View Post
        SBP is now conditioning the fans by putting the PBA star players in the pool. Now the fans (PBA and Gilas fans) would calm down a little bit to bash the SBP. Debates on whether pba star players inclusion would be deym cycle for every fans/media/IBN to the point that the team couldn’t have decent line-up for every tournament including the FIBA World Cup. It is what it is forever in the PH basketball hehehe.
        expect this to explode on SBP's face once this PBA drem team gets embarrassed big time by a determined ang hungry Lebanon

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
          If this is SMC's involvement then SBP should tap Abueva, not Sanggalang.. Abueva can be a good locker guy even outside the court... I know he was some issues with his attitude but he's proven already in FIBA games that he can catch up too...
          Did you know that Abuevak received the heftiest fiba sanction and you guys still pushing him to be in the PH line-up. Are you desperate? lol
          He's too undersized and too old(1984? lol) to play fiba games again.
          sigpic

Comment

Kume Eala quote this one, not me, and i think he's not speculating... As we know PBA is all out to help Gilas until 2023... Then why they not attend practice, even just to be spectator first? Di ba mahirap umatend lang muna even not join some drills? Pero pag si Chot yan dami reaction from his non believers.....
            Remember Kume is no longer in the SBP nor is he in the Gilas management. He, like the rest of us, are not privy to whatever’s happening.

You’re honestly overreacting. It’s Gilas. Last minute bullshit is their “specialty”.

Comment

• Originally posted by CoJ View Post
              expect this to explode on SBP's face once this PBA drem team gets embarrassed big time by a determined ang hungry Lebanon
              spot on coj. SBP should have learn from their mistakes.
              sigpic

Comment

Did you know that Abuevak received the heftiest fiba sanction and you guys still pushing him to be in the PH line-up. Are you desperate? lol
                Exactly. I don’t get why people are still pushing for his inclusion. It’s all sentimental BS.

I doubt the guy can even guard Amir Saoud without getting a flagrant foul.

Comment

that 1984 birth year is still disputed right?, Calvin took 8 yrs to finish high school. He's best years are behind him, as much as i want him in gilas, he's a red flag for FIBA and refs/authorities will monitor his every move

edit: officially Calvin was born in 1988 pala, but I've seen rumors around IBN which claims that calvin is 7 yrs older than his official age,
                  Last edited by CoJ; 08-16-2022, 02:10 AM.

Comment

• Sangalang is idiotic at the FIBA level. In the Iran vs Gilas game, it was clear that he was scared. Worthless.
                    sigpic

Comment

If this is SMC's involvement then SBP should tap Abueva, not Sanggalang.. Abueva can be a good locker guy even outside the court... I know he was some issues with his attitude but he's proven already in FIBA games that he can catch up too...
                      Twenty-four names were submitted by the Samahang Basketbol ng Pilipinas to the International Basketball Federation (FIBA) for its pool for the fourth window of the 2023 World Cup Asian Qualifiers. Of course, in the pool are overseas imports Kiefer Ravena (Shiga), Thirdy Ravena (San-En), Bobby Ray Parks Jr. (Nagoya), Dwight Ramos (Hokkaido), and Kai Sotto […]

Can we all calm down now?

Comment

• Originally posted by sroth3839 View Post
                        Ayun, good pool.

I overreacted, to admit, just because of the piecemeal announcements.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rds View Post
                          Agree. This is an SMC concession. I would take Arana over Sanggalang, younger better defense. Sanggalangs sole advance skill would be useless. It would be like Patrimonio playing PF in the Asian games. At least Patrimonio could shoot outside.
                          Skills he couldn't show off cause he's busy playing scared and hot potato with the ball. Dude isn't fit for international ball?

Comment

Pool's as follows:

Guards: Kiefer, Parks, Dwight, Scottie, Clarkson, Newsome, Jalalon, Perez, Alas, Bolick
                            Wings: Thirdy, Maliksi, Malonzo, Oftana, Arvin, Lopez, Adams
                            Forwards: Tamayo, Quiambao
                            Bigs: Kai, June Mar, Japeth, Almazan, Sangalang

Pretty decent pool, a. Most of them are FIBA-fit.

Comment

good pool actually, great combination of youth, experience and token PBA superstars, how I wish Heading is not on the PBA's blacklist as we need another sniper. If only this pool have a foreign head coach and LONG PREP TIME

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                                Pool's as follows:

Guards: Kiefer, Parks, Dwight, Scottie, Clarkson, Newsome, Jalalon, Perez, Alas, Bolick
                                Wings: Thirdy, Maliksi, Malonzo, Oftana, Arvin, Lopez, Adams
                                Forwards: Tamayo, Quiambao
                                Bigs: Kai, June Mar, Japeth, Almazan, Sangalang

Pretty decent pool, a. Most of them are FIBA-fit.
                                would be wild if we get Kiefer, Skati and Jio in the final 12, ladies beware hahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information