2021 PBA All Filipino Conference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bluenote49 View Post
    Very obvious naman of the sagip kapamilya package for a chance to get the twice to beat advantage for magnolia.
    Similar thing happen. ROS was able to get the ball in the paint. Unfortunately for them they need a 3pt so they need to kick out the ball.
    Thou Greg did a great job closing out of Norwood. I feel that was what NP coaching staff was afraid of the return pass to inbounder. If that retuned pass was on top can Greg close out.
    Last edited by zairex; 09-19-2021, 02:00 PM.

Comment

• What are the scenarios now with the last week before the playoffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by bluenote49 View Post
        Very obvious naman of the sagip kapamilya package for a chance to get the twice to beat advantage for magnolia.
        They always lose in an important game against an SMC team..

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
          Similar thing happen. ROS was able to get the ball in the paint. Unfortunately for them they need a 3pt so they need to kick out the ball.
          Thou Greg did a great job closing out of Norwood. I feel that was what NP coaching staff was afraid of the return pass to in-bounder. If that retuned pass was on top can Greg close out.
          Yes they were able to get the ball in the paint but did you noticed the different type of pass both the in-bounders used. Norwood did a straight chest pass while Delarosa did a lob to abueva. Greg could have prevented the lob and forces Delarosa to do a quick straight pass and since Malonzo was in the perfect position on that play he could have intercepted it.
          Samahan ng mga Bopol ng Pilipinas

Comment

• Doesn't really matter, the pass got through. And it was Ferrer that was guarding Abueva.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
              Yeah.. Atleast they corrected it now.. Northport could have been 8-2 if not that 3 coincidence heartbreak losses to SMC teams.. Their line up is strong and well balanced.. They have the chance to make it far if they will serious and not being under by the higher ups in the league..
              hmmmm.....conspiracy theorist ka Roberto ha...pero may pinag huhugutan naman eh.. Cant blame observers to draw that conclusion.

Comment

• By the looks of it. I think TNT and Meralco will be holding the top 2 seeds. Looks like we will have an All MVP group finals.

Comment

• Honest question - if the standings remain as is & Magnolia end up playing Northport, is there a chance Northport will lose on purpose (organized by coach Pido) even though it’s now playoffs?

Comment

• Originally posted by Herms View Post
                    Honest question - if the standings remain as is & Magnolia end up playing Northport, is there a chance Northport will lose on purpose (organized by coach Pido) even though it’s now playoffs?
                    It won't surprise me if they do should they ever they face off in the QF. But ideally, I hope NP will put up a performance for the ages, maybe pull a "Powerade" (2011-2012 AFC) on Magnolia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                      By the looks of it. I think TNT and Meralco will be holding the top 2 seeds. Looks like we will have an All MVP group finals.
                      If not Ginebra, I really hope MERALCO wins it all. They deserve it. However, they lack a true go-to-guy apart from the import, which haunted them in their matchups against Ginebra.

SMB is still strong, though. They'll wanna retake their title.

Comment

• Originally posted by Herms View Post
                        Honest question - if the standings remain as is & Magnolia end up playing Northport, is there a chance Northport will lose on purpose (organized by coach Pido) even though it’s now playoffs?
                        My problem here is how do you do fixing? Last game was close so many things could have happen to even go to that last play. Kevin Ferrer should have miss his shot game over. Paul Lee should have made the FT. Stepping on Anthony should have called. Thise would have change the game.

Serious question. If the NP and Mags were fixes, what point did they agree that Mag should win. You saw the Vis Min cheating, it was so obvious right because it hard to intentionally miss or make a shot without making it obvious. You see emotions of players and how tired PBA players are after a game. How do you fake that?

Comment

• Meralco health issues make them.a very vulnerable target in qf its now north port and ginebras mission to defat mvp teams twice to beat
                          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by zairex View Post
                            My problem here is how do you do fixing? Last game was close so many things could have happen to even go to that last play. Kevin Ferrer should have miss his shot game over. Paul Lee should have made the FT. Stepping on Anthony should have called. Thise would have change the game.

Serious question. If the NP and Mags were fixes, what point did they agree that Mag should win. You saw the Vis Min cheating, it was so obvious right because it hard to intentionally miss or make a shot without making it obvious. You see emotions of players and how tired PBA players are after a game. How do you fake that?
                            It is not the players but the coach itself. Not obvious because players wanted a win but the coach was obviously not.

I watched the SMB-Northport game as well and the last play in this game was kind of shady as well. Patay ang butiki kay Ferrer.
                            Last edited by ja.he; 09-20-2021, 05:27 AM.
                            Attack
                            defend
                            Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
                              If not Ginebra, I really hope MERALCO wins it all. They deserve it. However, they lack a true go-to-guy apart from the import, which haunted them in their matchups against Ginebra.

SMB is still strong, though. They'll wanna retake their title.
                              Yup, i'd also like for Meralco to win. If there is a certain "window" for them to win, that is most likely now with Ginebra struggling. Coach Norman deserves it. Kumpleto na team niya with the acquisition of Belo and they are really tired of being bridesmaids.

SMB, even though they are strong, might miss the services of Romeo though.

Comment

• With the way Robert Bolick has been playing in the current Phi Cup, I think its about time for him to go to the next level instead of just stagnate in the PBA. Its time for him to play in Japan's B-league if ever there would be an offer. In fairness to the PBA, I think when it comes to local talents, PBA still has some edge over the B-league. But what makes the B-league more competitive & is in the higher level compared to the PBA is the presence of several imports (3 world imports in each team). Also that the B-league applies FIBA rules which makes the style of play very relevant to the FIBA style of game.
                                "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information