No announcement yet.

Future Guards of Philippine Basketball

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not that optimistic about the idea of Cholo Anonuevo being converted into a natural point guard. At best, I see him transitioning into a combo guard just like a Paul Lee.

Nevertheless I like the idea that Cholo is being trained as a point guard right now in the US. If he ends up either as a natural shooting guard or combo guard, then that is already good enough. A 6-foot-4 natural shooting or combo guard would be a height upgrade for Phi basketball.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Ice Hontiveros posted on his social media account that he’s already 6’4”.
      LA Clippers(bcoz of PG13)
      Morayta

Comment

I dont know why Ice wasnt invited for Gilas especially since Tab tried to recruit him for Ateneo.

Comment

Originally posted by tootch View Post
          Ice Hontiveros posted on his social media account that he’s already 6’4”.
          That's nice. Another 6-foot-4 natural shooting guard.
          "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

Originally posted by Sikatrix View Post
            I dont know why Ice wasnt invited for Gilas especially since Tab tried to recruit him for Ateneo.
            He's still young & I bet his skills & physical attributes aren't that exceptional.

Kai at 18 is with the Gilas cadet pool mainly becoz of his size. Francis Lopez at 17 got an invite from SBP becoz he is a 6-foot-6/6-7 athletic forward.

In short, an 18 or 17-year old kid will only get an invite for the cadet pool if he possesses exceptional skills & physical attributes.

Comment

Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
              He's still young & I bet his skills & physical attributes aren't that exceptional.

Kai at 18 is with the Gilas cadet pool mainly becoz of his size. Francis Lopez at 17 got an invite from SBP becoz he is a 6-foot-6/6-7 athletic forward.

In short, an 18 or 17-year old kid will only get an invite for the cadet pool if he possesses exceptional skills & physical attributes.
              Next who will get an invite to the Gilas Cadet pool are 2005 born Caelum Harris and Jayden Harper. Maybe next year as both of them will be 17 at that time. Also maybe SBP could confirm if Ordonio brothers are indeed a natural born citizen of the Philippines(dad was deported because of Fil-Shams issue) and eligible to play as local in FIBA competitions..

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^
                I even see Kiefer as the better passer compared to Jayson Castro. Perhaps Castro being too good a scoring point guard makes him to look to score more than to pass.

One thing I notice in Kiefer's game is he is able to make quick decisions or a change of decision in a blink of an eye.
                However, Kiefer does have a tendency to hold the ball far too long. Hopefully he learns to spend less time with the ball and make a decision faster.

Comment

Here is a more immediate solution,
                  just play this guy https://www.rappler.com/sports/gilas...box=1618412930

together with Clarkson and Thirdy as guards (3 guard line-up) i really do not see any issues with their quarterbacking or ball handling skills, if anything it actually is an upgrade for the Philippines to have the 3 , mobile , athletic with length players playing as your 3 guard line-up.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Is it safe to say that Dwight Ramos is the smartest & perhaps having the strongest personality among the Gilas cadets? The way Tab describes & envisions Dwight gives me such impression.

Perhaps Tab wants Dwight to treat his teammates like the way Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant pushed their respective teammates to play extra hard. But maybe in a less subtle way since Jordan & Kobe were getting such impression of being too hard or too harsh on their respective teammates.

Comment

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

Is it safe to say that Dwight Ramos is the smartest & perhaps having the strongest personality among the Gilas cadets? The way Tab describes & envisions Dwight gives me such impression.

Perhaps Tab wants Dwight to treat his teammates like the way Michael Jordan & Kobe Bryant pushed their respective teammates to play extra hard. But maybe in a less subtle way since Jordan & Kobe were getting such impression of being too hard or too harsh on their respective teammates.
                      Also,

IS IT SAFE TO SAY THAT DWIGHT IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE CADETS? (excluding Kai and Aj since they are not here)*

If he is. Then I see Dwight will/should also hve the best strongest personality.

Comment

I think thirdy may end up being a better 3 pt shooter than CJ Perez
                        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                          Also,

IS IT SAFE TO SAY THAT DWIGHT IS THE BEST PLAYER IN THE CADETS? (excluding Kai and Aj since they are not here)*

If he is. Then I see Dwight will/should also hve the best strongest personality.
                          I get your point bro. Jordan & Kobe Bryant were the best players of their respective teams hence they've earned the respect of their teammates which somewhat gave Jordan & Kobe the right to be hard or harsh with their teammates when they felt such harshness was necessary for the betterment of the team.

BTW, I just hope that coach Tab's idea of having someone in the team to act as the spiritual leader which may require for that player to call out the underperforming player/s from time to time or be hard & harsh to some of the players from time to time (if necessary), is very much explained & inculcated to all Gilas cadet members. That there's nothing personal in it. Lets face it, most of us Pinoys are "union skin". More often we take it personality when somebody call us out. We aren't like the Americans or Westeners who won't really take it personally when being called out.
                          Last edited by JAMSKIE; 04-15-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                            http://tbti.me/s20ani

Hint , remember this RJ guy is as old as 1
                            Abarrientos looks to be a better fit at the PG spot kung ganun. Hopfeully Juan can improve his PG skills, so we have a deeper pool of point guards.

Comment

Felt disappointed 1GDL is not in the pool. i was looking forward to see him play in the elite level and develop to an elite PG. He has the size and I see him as the taller version of Alapag

Comment

Originally posted by alfrancis View Post
                                Felt disappointed 1GDL is not in the pool. i was looking forward to see him play in the elite level and develop to an elite PG. He has the size and I see him as the taller version of Alapag
                                it's not yet the end of the line for him, especially if some of the invited gunners turn out to be a complete dud.
                                Last edited by barok espinoza; 04-29-2021, 09:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information