2020 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Alex07 View Post
    sorry if I have no idea about the EASL schedule but if the draft comes first then Ginebra May get some players to fit the pieces or at least some serviceable guys.im really thinking that some of their guys are due to retirement. I think Brownlee will be called again, a 6'10 or taller import will be great as well. I think the starting lineup may look like this:

6'10 import
    6'9 Aguilar
    6'6 Brownlee
    6'2 Pringle
    5'8 Tenorio
    The draft (March 14) will come before the EASL (October). Ginebra needs to find a replacement for Joe Devance, preferably a JDV lite or a mobile combo forward that is at least 6'6". Who fits that bill?

Comment

• Originally posted by IPC View Post
      The draft (March 14) will come before the EASL (October). Ginebra needs to find a replacement for Joe Devance, preferably a JDV lite or a mobile combo forward that is at least 6'6". Who fits that bill?
      The best JDV replacements are already at Ginebra - Aljon and Art. What they need is an eventual succesor to Tenorio.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
        On the first group yes. On the 2nd group it's a toss up. Probably because I watched those guys more and was disappointed. Agree though he's a second rounder at best.
        Edited post. Yep. He is only a 2nd rounder at best. Better try the BLeague route.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
          He should join MPBL after he graduate last year, so that his stock will increase (Just like Aaron Black and Kib Montalbo did last year).. Atleast PBA teams can see his talent in MPBL.. A little bit too late for him, but he can bounce back..
          He played for Batangas. Do you really know your basketball? Haaaaaay!!

Comment

• is James Laput a 1st round pick ?
            sorry for question , just havent been following PBA to know
            NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
            https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
              is James Laput a 1st round pick ?
              sorry for question , just havent been following PBA to know
              teams in need of bigs, late first round pick to early 2nd round for him..
              Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                teams in need of bigs, late first round pick to early 2nd round for him..
                parang si Kai yung prediction, peace
                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                  The best JDV replacements are already at Ginebra - Aljon and Art. What they need is an eventual succesor to Tenorio.
                  Thing is, the replacement should be a taller frontline player. I should have been more specific, sorry. After JDV, Ginebra only has 2 other players 6'7" and above - Japeth and Caperal. That's why I said they need a 6'6" guy (who hopefully is either a JDV lite or a versatile combo forward who can play the 5).

That said, I think Art fits that better than Aljon due to his ability to handle for a 6'4" guy. Hopefully, he gets playing time and expands his range. I saw flashes of him being able to hit 3's. Hope he can do that at a 32% clip, at least.

Comment

• Originally posted by robert0326
                    Think of it Maurice Shaw drafted 2nd by Blackwater, Ebona at 4th even Prince Rivero was drafted way higher than even likes of Tolentino and Black.. That latter two are better players.. This is Junmar effect, even getting imports, teams getting an import that can dominate the post and to match Junmar...
                    When in fact, teams should now be working on attacking June Mar's weaknesses and make SMB pay dearly for those. That can be done with a perimeter-skilled 5-man who can either take on him from the perimeter, shoot or both. The shooting part is also crucial for when SMB zones up. Make them pay for zoning.

Defending a perimeter-skilled or mobile 5-man would be better for Philippine basketball in the long run.

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                      parang si Kai yung prediction, peace
                      Its the PBA, height is a much rarer commodity

Comment

• Originally posted by dubidub View Post
                        i think Caperal will take over JDV's chores. Ginebra needs to get Slaughter back and Greg needs to accept his role as Japeth's reliever. Some guys who "might" be retiring soon are Jeff Chan, Jared Dillinger, LA Tenorio and of course Mark Caguioa. Most of their rookies could fill that role like Balanza and Tolentino. I think with Greg uncertain of coming back, their priority is to get another big.I'm think they should look for Letran's Larry Muyang in the next draft.
                        "How small ball works: Tall Skilled beats small skilled every time,but small skilled beats tall stiff every time" - Kevin McHale

Comment

When in fact, teams should now be working on attacking June Mar's weaknesses and make SMB pay dearly for those. That can be done with a perimeter-skilled 5-man who can either take on him from the perimeter, shoot or both. The shooting part is also crucial for when SMB zones up. Make them pay for zoning.

Defending a perimeter-skilled or mobile 5-man would be better for Philippine basketball in the long run.
                          Yes. But pba teams does not do that.

It is because they see JMF dominance as the barometer.

"Ganun pala manalo sa pba,dapat my dominant post up player like junmar"

Ginebra is second in SMB in winning championships for the last 3 or 4 yrs. But they HAD Greg Slaughter.

Now Ginebra doesnt have Greg.

Ginebra LITERALLY DONT HAVE ANY POST UP BIGS IN THE TEAM.

JAPETH,ALJON,ARVIN,JD, CAPERAL are not post up bigs.

Ginebra needs to win a grandslam. So other pba teams can copy Ginebra.This will be for the betterment of the league

Heck, Ginebra even play a dwarf PF in Aljon Mariano.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
                            Yes. But pba teams does not do that.

It is because they see JMF dominance as the barometer.

"Ganun pala manalo sa pba,dapat my dominant post up player like junmar"

Ginebra is second in SMB in winning championships for the last 3 or 4 yrs. But they HAD Greg Slaughter.

Now Ginebra doesnt have Greg.

Ginebra LITERALLY DONT HAVE ANY POST UP BIGS IN THE TEAM.

JAPETH,ALJON,ARVIN,JD, CAPERAL are not post up bigs.

Ginebra needs to win a grandslam. So other pba teams can copy Ginebra.This will be for the betterment of the league

Heck, Ginebra even play a dwarf PF in Aljon Mariano.
                            In fairness its the same in the NBA. You dont need your own Anthony Davis but you definitely need an answer to Anthony Davis. Or else you end up like the Rockets.

Comment

Thing is, the replacement should be a taller frontline player. I should have been more specific, sorry. After JDV, Ginebra only has 2 other players 6'7" and above - Japeth and Caperal. That's why I said they need a 6'6" guy (who hopefully is either a JDV lite or a versatile combo forward who can play the 5).

That said, I think Art fits that better than Aljon due to his ability to handle for a 6'4" guy. Hopefully, he gets playing time and expands his range. I saw flashes of him being able to hit 3's. Hope he can do that at a 32% clip, at least.
                              Well if that's what you meant, then Alex07 is right by saying Caperal would fit the bill. Sad thing about Art is that he couldve been the perfect JDV clone, a high IQ point forward, if not for injuries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Money View Post
                                Edited post. Yep. He is only a 2nd rounder at best. Better try the BLeague route.
                                He actually has a chance to increase his stock if he goes via the B.League route.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information