Fiba Asia Cup 2021 Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mathematicianrcg View Post
    Yup, much better than last minute pba players callup team.

Atleast this young players will be able to know each others' tendency as time goes on.

If this team beat Korea twice. THAT WILL BE 2 BIG SLAPS TO THE PBA. LOL.

Yes, younger, but TALLER AND MORE POTENTIAL, THAT HAVE TALENT
    Younger, taller that would get better & better thru time. We just have to be patient enough & has to believe in the program. One thing though- its not going to be smooth sailing as we venture the high seas. And it doesn't have to be. As they say, calm seas don't make good sailors.
    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
      Tamayo not 3 in defense, but on offense he can stretch the floor , maybe even better than Navarro (shooting)
      It would be hard to play a defensive liability against Korea. They are good shooters and well without the ball.

Comment

• I am still not sold on Kai playing in the AQ. But the injuries to Nieto, Idelfonso amd Suerte limits the choices. My initial 12 would be.

C-Kouame, Go
        PF-Baltazar, Rangel
        SF-Ramos, Javi, Navarro, Lopez?
        SG-Heading, Tungcab
        PG-Abarrientos, Belangel

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
          It would be hard to play a defensive liability against Korea. They are good shooters and well without the ball.
          Really baptism of fire for Tamayo who in his nt stint has been plagued by injuries left and right..
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Will just pull again an element of surprise but long term dont see rj and sj yet compare to matt nieto and jgdl..

Comment

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
              I am still not sold on Kai playing in the AQ. But the injuries to Nieto, Idelfonso amd Suerte limits the choices. My initial 12 would be.

C-Kouame, Go
              PF-Baltazar, Rangel
              SF-Ramos, Javi, Navarro, Lopez?
              SG-Heading, Tungcab
              PG-Abarrientos, Belangel
              Tungcab is the backup sg, rangel is in the team..i will be hapoy if all 12 guys put an a effort on the defense side and play it fast and show new varietyies on our dribble drive based offense.

Comment

• Tan Jielong is Jonah Morrison (6'8"). Some websites listed him shorter than his actual height.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  Will just pull again an element of surprise but long term dont see rj and sj yet compare to matt nieto and jgdl..
                  and there is daph...

Comment

Will just pull again an element of surprise but long term dont see rj and sj yet compare to matt nieto and jgdl..
                    and there is dalph...

Comment

• https://www.spin.ph/basketball/fiba/...210610-fbfirst

Still, the two players coming over to the Philippines will still depend on whether Hachimura and Watanabe will be part of the final 12 to be decided upon by the coaching staff led by Julio Lamas.

However, chances that Hachimura and Watanabe will be in Japan's Final 12 is high as local organizers, SPIN.ph learned, have been made aware of the possibility in their communications with the Japan federation.

Also included in the pool are recently-named Japan B.League MVP Kosuke Kanamaru, Nick Fazekas, Kosuke Takeuchi, Joji Takeuchi, Gavin Edwards, Ryusei Shinoyama, Naoto Tsuji, Ryan Rosita, Shin Hiejima, Aki Chambers, Yuya Nagayoshi, Daiki Tanaka, Chohon Takashimasaru, Ando Chikai, Yuki Togashi, Bendorame Reisei, Ando Shujin, Yudai Baba, Shaefer Avi Yuki, and Taves Sea.

Comment

• Guys, would TV5 or OneSports televised the other non-Gilas games? I think many Pinoys, specially some of us here in IBN, would be interested watching the games of Japan, China & Taiwan, specially if Hachimura & Watanabe are going to play for Japan.
                        "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

I see an exact reverese bro. For now, I see Matt Nieto & 1GDL to be better than Belangel & Abarrientos. But 4 to 5 years from now, I see the tables would be reversed.

Remember that as early as now, coach Tab has already described both Abarrientos & Belangel as point guards with advanced understanding of the game. I have yet to hear similar comments from coach Tab regarding 1GDL. While 1GDL is obviously highly skilled, it still remains to be seen if he can play as a natural point guard for Gilas in high level game.

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                            Guys, would TV5 or OneSports televised the other non-Gilas games? I think many Pinoys, specially some of us here in IBN, would be interested watching the games of Japan, China & Taiwan, specially if Hachimura & Watanabe are going to play for Japan.
                            They will televise the games from the Manama and Clark bubble starting on June 12 on One Sports, One Sports plus, and TV5

https://twitter.com/OneSportsPHL/sta...165056003?s=19

Comment

• PHL is not the only one suffering from injuries lately. China NT will be missing 3 of their starters. PG Guo Ailun, PF Yi Jianlian and C Wang Zhelin. At least that's the presser the China Federation released. But who cares right? Still , perfect opportunity for them to play their next gen talents.

Comment

• the reason why 1gdl was not included was because he miss the feb-march bubble due to some surgery in his teeth.. no late inclusion as per tab. same reason tab didn’t even include thirdy as he was with san-en.. but for sure they’ll be included in asia cup preparation.. reward those who attend the bubble from the start (feb-march)..
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information