X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by J@M View Post
    If it

But between the available guards called up for this class. I think there should be competition and not just grant it away because of the overseas experience premise.
    Certainly would agree, not simply because one has overseas experience, but it is based on the demonstrated experience the players have shown similar to what is expected in Greece, and Abadiano hasn't demonstrated that yet, neither Oczon as a PG, and certainly Dalph has, while he's proven it for Gilas is. Limited, he has shown it in Italy, (absolutely coaches watch his games and recent ones, they would not be foolish to just select him or hand the starting role position with no basis, they do have visual basis, they've seen it demonstrated
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
      Don't agree with the assessment, and here is mainly why the assessment is based on local competition and how the players (Abadiano) have performed locally, (they're not playing locally they're playing in the U19 WC a huge upgrade from the u18 Asia where Abadinao already struggled) , I was in Thailand and discussed things with the coaching staff, for all of Abadiano's success locally (which i don't doubt ) in the coaches assesment "Abadiano does not know how to play PG in the international level" , (no experience much more at the world and older age groups.. has Abadiano ever trown alley hoops on a regular basis on P and R with an athletic big vs an Athletic tall defender? When? Dalph has the repetitions with these kind of line-up and competition, Abadiano does not.
      Granted Dalph wasn't exactly efficient in Thailand, coaches who have expereince internationally have greater confidence that Dalph has the needed expereince and reptition playing with players like AJ as well as vs the opposition. Dalph is used to having a 6' 3 ish guard marking him and defending an oppsoing big guard ( 6' 3) . Abadiano basically has little to no expereince in that type of competition and game.
      If your assessment was who between the two would be a better UAAP senior PG, then yes i would agree you would have a point... because yes Abadiano must have shown he's up to it .. and we haven't seen what Dalph can do locally.. but the U19 WC is different, Dalph plays with and against similar players daily in Italy...
      Gerry started in World U17. We saw how Dalph play in the U18. He has good vision indeed.

It's been almost a year since the last tournament and I am excited to see them compete again and see improvements. They have flaws but these are young kids. I dont want to drag the argument further, but the bottom line is - we want this boys to have great careers and for the team to succeed.

Comment

• If youre a guard from the Philippines and been invited to be in nt, you must be really appreciated, ikaw yun creme of the crop, out millions of basketball playing youth out there... And you overly appreciate guys who is playing in a division 3 league.. sure the skills are there and the height but objectively being a point guard in a competition where there is much taller players has its advantages...Kaya ang daming ang react on the non inclusion of Nonoy..

Still in the end its Dalph's hands where this team would go, Again i believe we should be the best "asian" team at last u18 if Panopio live to his hype. I am very very sure that Josh Reyes expected more.. siya yun fule ng dribble drive to complement half court game of aj and kai.. thats the future of Phil basketball in eyes of Josh and his father..yet..
        Last edited by reamily; 06-21-2019, 04:50 AM.
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
          If youre a guard from the Philippines and been invited to be in nt, you must be really appreciated, ikaw yun creme of the crop, out millions of basketball playing youth out there... And you overly appreciate guys who is playing in a division 3 league.. sure the skills are there and the height but objectively being a point guard in a competition where there is much taller players has its advantages...Kaya ang daming ang react on the non inclusion of Nonoy..

Still in the end its Dalph's hand where this team would go, Again i believe we should be the best "asian" team at last u18 if Panopio live to his hype..I am very very sure that Josh Reyes expected more.. siya yun fue ng dribble drive to complement half court game of aj and kai.. thats the future of Phil basketball in eyes of Josh and his father..yet..
          i dont think dalphs game is suited for ddo tho.
          The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
            i dont think dalphs game is suited for ddo tho.
            Redemption to sa kanya, he is really a guy who needs ball to get going and really guy who is more of areact guy than initiate..
            To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
            1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
              Redemption to sa kanya, he is really a guy who needs ball to get going and really guy who is more of areact guy than initiate..
              i hope hiyang sya sa system ni coach sandy.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by ccharmed View Post
                Let manu_bol be. He doesnt like filfors much. Let's just say he overappreciates the international capabilities of local guards.
                He is the opposite of Sir Dave, Sir Manu is a pro-homegrown player while Sir Analyzed is a homegrown talent critic(Fajardo, Abueva, Romeo, Nonoy). Maybe a case of superiority and inferiority complex..

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                  He is the opposite of Sir Dave, Sir Manu is a pro-homegrown player while Sir Analyzed is a homegrown talent critic(Fajardo, Abueva, Romeo, Nonoy). Maybe a case of superiority and inferiority complex..
                  i get what sir dave/analyzed is pointing out. our homegrown players are developing skills INAPPROPRIATE for their height. imagine 6'1 rebounding DEMON scottie thompson lacks long range shooting. another rebounding demon 6'2 calvin abueva should have learned guard skills in order to be effective player. don't cite artest, marion, and rodman since all of the three stand at least 6'6.
                  Attack
                  defend
                  Unite

Comment

• Originally posted by astigram04
                    Geo and AJ looks pretty much of the same height now
                    And also have almost the same physique (although mas manipis pa rin si Edu). I mean, Geo must have shed a lot of extra pounds.

Geo should teach Belga on how to shed off that extra 50 pounds from that mala baboy na katawan nya.
                    "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                      And also have almost the same physique (although mas manipis pa rin si Edu). I mean, Geo must have shed a lot of extra pounds.

Geo should teach Belga on how to shed off that extra 50 pounds from that mala baboy na katawan nya.
                      Geo a taller version of Beau Belga...

Comment

Absolutely I'm a proponent for going overseas to develop your game, not just for the Philippines but almost every country not named US or top European countries
                        Adams would not be the player he is today if he stayed in NZ and neither will Kai or AJ develop to their potential in the Philippines,
                        My stance isn't anti Philippine homegrown, its pro expanding exposure to playing better competition oversees
                        Last edited by analyzed; 06-21-2019, 11:03 AM.
                        NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                        https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                          Absolutely I'm a proponent for going overseas to develop your game, not just for the Philippines but almost every country not named US or top European countries
                          Adams would not be the player he is today if he stayed in NZ and neither will Kai or AJ develop to their potential in the Philippines,
                          My stance isn't anti US, its pro expanding exposure
                          Why do so many people conflate treason and playing overseas?

The reasons ballers play abroad is to get better. If the competition was so high level in France, do you think Tony Parker would have left?

The same logic applies to any sport. If you want to be the best, you have to compete with the best.

You know the level of insularity is atrocious when you have 6’1 “point” guards who never developed proper court vision and emphasized more on his rebounding game.
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

Pno ba naman naging asia best PG si castro eh PCU lng naman yan. Pano bat kayang umiskor ni junmar against nba bigs eh UC lng yan, di pa sa maynila. Pano naging mautak c ping at ranidel di ba dapat pang guard yung height nila? Masyado ninyong manamaliit ang basketball natin.

Comment

• imo:

shoo-ins:

sotto
                              edu
                              ildefonso
                              panopio
                              oczon
                              tamayo

safe picks:

spencer
                              chiu
                              amsali

fight for last 3 spots:

torres
                              ramirez
                              lina
                              abadiano
                              fortea

Comment

• Originally posted by ja.he View Post
                                i get what sir dave/analyzed is pointing out. our homegrown players are developing skills INAPPROPRIATE for their height. imagine 6'1 rebounding DEMON scottie thompson lacks long range shooting. another rebounding demon 6'2 calvin abueva should have learned guard skills in order to be effective player. don't cite artest, marion, and rodman since all of the three stand at least 6'6.
                                Calvin Abueva has guard skills in College. He average triple double in is final season. And lead the NCAA in points, rebound assist and steals. His shooting was better in college than in pros. I guess stock in a strict system of Alaska could have impede his growth. They made him a more inside guy (PF) than a SF.

Scottie shooting is getting better hopes he emulate the improvement of Castro in 3pt shooting.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information