2019 Batang Gilas U16

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
    wow he will be ineligible due to techinicality his rumored parents are all home grown... daming evidence fiba
    he doesnt know who his real parents are? just joking
    WE DON'T COUNT YEARS, WE COUNT CENTURIES

P. Noval, A.H. Lacson, Dapitan, Espanya
    SANTO TOMAS APAT NA DAAN

Comment

• Originally posted by balong View Post
      pano naging rumored parents pa rin si lowell briones? i say the kid is eligible, parents are filipino citizens and he was born in the country. if the briones family imigrated in the US a few years back, they may not yet be a US citizens, they may still be green card holders so that means, they carry philippine passport whenever they travel
      "Ineligible" here might be in the context of age. He was born 2002, so he won't make the cut for U16.
      Keep running, big boy.

Comment

pano naging rumored parents pa rin si lowell briones? i say the kid is eligible, parents are filipino citizens and he was born in the country. if the briones family imigrated in the US a few years back, they may not yet be a US citizens, they may still be green card holders so that means, they carry philippine passport whenever they travel
        so si rita magdalenanga yun nanay?
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
          "Ineligible" here might be in the context of age. He was born 2002, so he won't make the cut for U16.
          He'll be a good prospect for the U18 next year, together with Sotto, Cortez and Lazaro.

Comment

that is francis' loss, if he is really obeying school orders then he is just limiting his potential. he is missing the opportunities of where his basketball journey goes, he does not dream big like kai
            Whats wrong with Francis Lopez, while he is a no show in Gilas Youth U16 practices, he is also not present in LSGH games at FilOil Tournament...

Comment

• 6' 4 ( 14 year old Mason Amos ) from Camp David (our team) is trying out for U16 Batang Gilas ( now!) as per invite
              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• Originally posted by analyzed View Post
                6' 4 ( 14 year old Mason Amos ) from Camp David (our team) is trying out for U16 Batang Gilas ( now!) as per invite
                nice! does he have a passport already?
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  nice! does he have a passport already?
                  I knew it, that would be the predicted response, he he he , pards he's 14 years old.. he he
                  NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...

Comment

I knew it, that would be the predicted response, he he he , pards he's 14 years old.. he he
                    i did not ask for his age you already posted it. i get what you mean but you still did not answer the question. i suspect he still does not have PH passport then. but i guess still have time.
                    The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

6' 4 ( 14 year old Mason Amos ) from Camp David (our team) is trying out for U16 Batang Gilas ( now!) as per invite
                      No invite from Batang Gilas for your son Jordan sir? Any local universities interested of Jordan or US NCAA D1?

Comment

• Originally posted by tomcat View Post
                        No invite from Batang Gilas for your son Jordan sir? Any local universities interested of Jordan or US NCAA D1?
                        Not ready or good enough for U19 and not age eligible for U16, he's invited for another team, he's still in high school.
                        2nd question, yes.. but can't divulge for obvious reasons

Comment

• Recently found out that Fil-Canadian PG Tyler Garcia of Crossover Canada during the NBTC has been invited to try out for Batang Gilas. Eligible for U16 & U19.
                          Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• Anybody heard about Boogie Ellis?....because I watched High Noon and Pablo Torres mentioned Boogie Ellis is a FIL-AM and he also said Boogie Ellis de committed to DUKE and he committed to Memphis University

Comment

• Originally posted by onggok View Post
                              Anybody heard about Boogie Ellis?....because I watched High Noon and Pablo Torres mentioned Boogie Ellis is a FIL-AM and he also said Boogie Ellis de committed to DUKE and he committed to Memphis University
                              Nice! Did not know that. 6'3" 4-Star Combo Guard ranked #37 in his class. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospec...e-ellis-181700
                              Good stuff.

SCOUTING REPORT
                              ESPN Analyst
                              Updated 05/13/2019

Strengths:
                              The strength of his game is simply to get buckets. Ellis has a unique feel and knack to create space and find his shot in a controlled fashion. He delivers with a solid percentage and always keeps the defense on its heels. He delivers on the defense of glass and excels with the ability to push it in transition get right to the rim. When the game slows down he's clever and instinctual enough to create his own scoring opportunities and find others. His range is deep and his release is quick. The understanding and skill and to play off screens and use his floater in the paint is impressive. A good steal defender Ellis shows good instincts and anticipation.

Weaknesses:
                              At times Ellis will gamble defensively and get beat. To be able to play against the best guards in the country he needs to be committed to living low in his stance an keeping the ball out of the lane. He is a strong passer but at times he goes for the home run versus the simply play and that hurts his assist to turnover ratio. To be a point guard at a high level he must work on the balance of setting up others and still being able to get points. Strength will help his on ball defense and ability to take hits in the paint on his drive.

Bottom Line:
                              Ellis is an emerging guard in the class and is defined by his deep range is quick and his confidence to score. One of the few in the class who can score from all three levels and include a floater. He had an outstanding July campaign and will shine as a future combination guard.
                              Click the link to check us out -> REFRESH Basketball "Inspiring youth with our love of the game. Elite Filipino-Canadian teams based in Manitoba, Canada."

Comment

• if he's fil-am he's prolly not eligible otherwise we would've heard about it already

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information