FIBA Asia Pacific World Cup Qualifiers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IshmaelM View Post
    Poy was not 100 % last window. Hence the limited minutes.

It would still be hard to win without Blatche. Offense and defense he brings more to the table than CStan. He helped cover for Lee. Allowing arguably our most efficient scorer to play significant minutes.

Junemar seems sick as he did not get more minutes. Possibly too much sightseeing? We need to see more from him in the Kazakh game.
    CS if he was a local would benefit with blatche engaging oppnents best big outside..and he can now do lurk around and hustle as blatchy is a legit big sayang..but we have junmar or even greg to maximize too even with blacthe at helm..
    To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
    1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
      im mindblown. how can it be a problem when as you said thirdy replaced an ineffective shooter? i don't see a problem with him playing SF. the kid is good. he is not with gilas to provide offense. the kid has shown time and time again he has offense even in jones cup and in the UAAP. with gilas, offense is not expected of him and that is not his job in this team. if it comes then good. there are better players with good offense which is why he passes it to them most of the time.
      The problem is that Thirdy is 6'2 while the wingmen he will be guarding in this window and in the worlds (if we make it and he's included in the roster) are 6'6-6'8 on average.
      GILAS WISHLIST:
      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• At least now where looking at players(and how they can improve) now not unlike last window where we criticize the team after losing...certainly guy like parks who also honing is corner shooting skills can be big help also..
        To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
        1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

im mindblown. how can it be a problem when as you said thirdy replaced an ineffective shooter? i don't see a problem with him playing SF. the kid is good. he is not with gilas to provide offense. the kid has shown time and time again he has offense even in jones cup and in the UAAP. with gilas, offense is not expected of him and that is not his job in this team. if it comes then good. there are better players with good offense which is why he passes it to them most of the time.
          My point is that we're not addressing or upgrading our lineup if we're including a player that is questionable in terms of how he's going to perform with the team. We might as well just keep using Wright or Maliksi. Thirdy is in the same situation as those two.

Comment

im sure with more time he can play 2. but he has not played 2 so he needs more time to develop that.
            That will depend on whether or not we can find suitable replacements for Gabe in the future.

Otherwise, we will be seeing Pogoy, Lassiter, Thirdy, and even Wright playing SF from time to time. These guys play SF only because we don't have a plethora of 6'5-6'8 wingmen.
            GILAS WISHLIST:
            6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
              The problem is that Thirdy is 6'2 while the wingmen he will be guarding in this window and in the worlds (if we make it and he's included in the roster) are 6'6-6'8 on average.
              its not a problem when you replace an ineffective shooter[their words not mine] and doesn't play as good defense as thirdy. besides whats the height difference of wright and thirdy anyway? thirdy can defend 6'6 players IMO.
              The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

That will depend on whether or not we can find suitable replacements for Gabe in the future.

Otherwise, we will be seeing Pogoy, Lassiter, Thirdy, and even Wright playing SF from time to time. These guys play SF only because we don't have a plethora of 6'5-6'8 wingmen.
                i think parks is a good candidate for norwood.
                The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Agree on this. Kid was good maybe just a case of rookie jitters. People forget how good he was (not great) against Canada in Jones Cup. You do not judge a player in 1 game and a rookie at that in this level.

On Junemar I somewhat agree BUT Let us give some slack to Junemar. He is a kind of player na kailangan babad to get his rhythm. On the touches he had last night he was out of position. On the 4 wins we had in this qualifier Junemar was good ( with Blatche around ) and the coach at that time was Chot who finally learned how to maximize JF talent and length. Now with Yeng maybe hindi pa niya alam unless JF has the skill set of Blatche.

On a personal note It is nice to see the smiles again on our player's faces after a win. They will definitely feel confident next game versus Kazak. As much as I cheer for Arwind the last time walang patapon na player ngayon for this window. Yeng is not experimenting anymore. With this lineup a win is really expected.

Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
                  wtf.nobody said thirdy's offense is great. kid is good. just needs more experience playing in the senior team.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                    My point is that we're not addressing or upgrading our lineup if we're including a player that is questionable in terms of how he's going to perform with the team. We might as well just keep using Wright or Maliksi. Thirdy is in the same situation as those two.
                    thirdy is questionable? how? thirdy is there to play defense. the two players you mentioned doesnt even play defense as good as thirdy. thats the upgrade yeng wants to have. we have enough shooters already. pogoy is also coming on board probably to replace either thirdy or thompson.

Comment

its not a problem when you replace an ineffective shooter[their words not mine] and doesn't play as good defense as thirdy. besides whats the height difference of wright and thirdy anyway? thirdy can defend 6'6 players IMO.
                      My argument was not about Thirdy replacing Wright.

I have no problems with Thirdy being in the final 12; only his playing position.
                      GILAS WISHLIST:
                      6'8 Pingris

Comment

• Thirdy is an upgrade over Maliksi. Wright was out because of poor offense and defense.

Thirdy IS in a new situation unlike Wright and Maliksi. They had their chance.

Originally posted by regierr View Post

Comment

• Originally posted by Brown Bones View Post
                          Agree on this. Kid was good maybe just a case of rookie jitters. People forget how good he was (not great) against Canada in Jones Cup. You do not judge a player in 1 game and a rookie at that in this level.

On Junemar I somewhat agree BUT Let us give some slack to Junemar. He is a kind of player na kailangan babad to get his rhythm. On the touches he had last night he was out of position. On the 4 wins we had in this qualifier Junemar was good ( with Blatche around ) and the coach at that time was Chot who finally learned how to maximize JF talent and length. Now with Yeng maybe hindi pa niya alam unless JF has the skill set of Blatche.

On a personal note It is nice to see the smiles again on our player's faces after a win. They will definitely feel confident next game versus Kazak. As much as I cheer for Arwind the last time walang patapon na player ngayon for this window. Yeng is not experimenting anymore. With this lineup a win is really expected.
                          What did you think of our defense?

I haven't seen the replay yet but our defense looked excellent because we limited Qatar to only 28.1% FG (16/57).

Given how much our defense sucked last window, I wonder what rabbit Yeng pull out of his hat. lol
                          GILAS WISHLIST:
                          6'8 Pingris

Comment

My argument was not about Thirdy replacing Wright.

I have no problems with Thirdy being in the final 12; only his playing position.
                            its not a problem thirdy can defend shooters too so he can play as defensive guard to defend the shooters as what yeng wants him to play. offensively he can play SF in which gilas doesn't demand offense from him.

Comment

• Not to concerned with Thirdy official height, the thing is this that Block or foul vs Tall Qatar player, (similar to block in Jones Cup) no one with the exception of maybe Norwood can do that as a legit SF. Wright, Parks Pogoy, while maybe taller cannot defend and block, plus rebound like Thirdy
                              Thirdy is a bigger and more athelic Abueva and is more discoplined
                              NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                              https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

What did you think of our defense?

I haven't seen the replay yet but our defense looked excellent because we limited Qatar to only 28.1% FG (16/57).

Given how much our defense sucked last window, I wonder what rabbit Yeng pull out of his hat. lol
                                Nothing much changed with the defensive sets; however, the energy level was much higher. I always knew Erram was a good shotblocker, but his one-on-one post defense last night was equal parts discipline and energy. Heck, even Blatche and Lee and Japeth had active hands.
                                Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information