X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mangangalakal View Post
    Does Shane Battier count as "white"?
    Or Blake Griffin. Or Jason Kidd, or Mike Bibby? Howabout Kyle Kuzma? Heck even Steph Curry is whiter than those.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
      Or Blake Griffin. Or Jason Kidd, or Mike Bibby? Howabout Kyle Kuzma? Heck even Steph Curry is whiter than those.
      "Light skin" aka half black half white

Comment

That's why I don't really want Kai in the NBA unless he can get a contract with a national team clause. He should be playing in the Euroleague. You don't need to burn yourself out playing 70-80 games a year to be world class... leave the Nike endorsements to the Americans
        is there such thing as a national team clause in the NBA?
        The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• Originally posted by digitalsuperman View Post
          is there such thing as a national team clause in the NBA?
          NBA and NBA Players Association have a clause in their CBA that players can choose to play for their national team during the off-season. But AFAIK, not during the NBA Season. Teams invest and pay their players GUARANTEED money by the million$$$, no way teams owners will allow players to play outside of the NBA during the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dotch View Post
            NBA and NBA Players Association have a clause in their CBA that players can choose to play for their national team during the off-season. But AFAIK, not during the NBA Season. Teams invest and pay their players GUARANTEED money by the million$$$, no way teams owners will allow players to play outside of the NBA during the season.
            so theres no need for a clause. its there by default.
            The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 5 characters.

Comment

• If only Vic Manuel is about 2 inches taller, I think he will be a reliable "four" in the Asian level specially against teams with soft & not so tall "fours" like Taiwan, India & some lower tier Middle East teams.

Manuel was so efficient in the South East Asian level becoz of those "soft" & not so tall "fours" of SEA teams. Things would be different in the Asian level basketball with those tall, strong & tough fours of China, Iran, Lebanon, Korea, Jordan
              "A king may move a man, a father may claim a son, but that man can also move himself, and only then does that man truly begin his own game. Remember that howsoever you are played or by whom, your soul is in your keeping alone, even though those who presume to play you be kings or men of power, when you stand before God, you cannot say, 'But I was told by others to do thus,' or that virtue was not convenient at the time. This will not suffice." - King Baldwin IV

Comment

• Originally posted by JAMSKIE View Post
                If only Vic Manuel is about 2 inches taller, I think he will be a reliable "four" in the Asian level specially against teams with soft & not so tall "fours" like Taiwan, India & some lower tier Middle East teams.

Manuel was so efficient in the South East Asian level becoz of those "soft" & not so tall "fours" of SEA teams. Things would be different in the Asian level basketball with those tall, strong & tough fours of China, Iran, Lebanon, Korea, Jordan
                IMO, Vic Manuel played well enough in this past SEAG to deserve at least a benefit of a doubt scenario if not to the long term Gilas but maybe to the immediate, or next show GILAS roster...

I think automatically slamming the door on him is a mistake, it is a disservice to proper organization... if we go by TAB’s parameters, he is out by default as per an earlier interview with the former Gilas HC, citing size as a factor, but we’re talking about Coach Cone Tim here, who has in his calling card a lifetime of experiences with the native talent, past, present, and emerging, who I am sure with Vic Manuel in particular, has spent more than his share of sleepless nights drawing scripts to slow this guy down.

Thought Manuel sharing the 3&4 with Rosario anchored by a Big like JMF looked really good out there on the hardcourt. Need to have more data if this scenario is worth checking in to if it has got more avenues and alleyways or it’s just a short run heading to a dead end.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sam (a.k.a.) Tuwid View Post
                  IMO, Vic Manuel played well enough in this past SEAG to deserve at least a benefit of a doubt scenario if not to the long term Gilas but maybe to the immediate, or next show GILAS roster...

I think automatically slamming the door on him is a mistake, it is a disservice to proper organization... if we go by TAB’s parameters, he is out by default as per an earlier interview with the former Gilas HC, citing size as a factor, but we’re talking about Coach Cone Tim here, who has in his calling card a lifetime of experiences with the native talent, past, present, and emerging, who I am sure with Vic Manuel in particular, has spent more than his share of sleepless nights drawing scripts to slow this guy down.

Thought Manuel sharing the 4&5 with Rosario anchored by a Big like JMF looked really good out there on the hardcourt. Need to have more data if this scenario is worth checking in to if it has got more avenues and alleyways or it’s just a short run heading to a dead end.
                  Tim Cone was appointed only for the SEA Games; but Manuel did look good on the floor with Junemar. might be different against non-ASEAN opposition though
                  “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                  -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

Tim Cone was appointed only for the SEA Games; but Manuel did look good on the floor with Junemar. might be different against non-ASEAN opposition though
                    True. By the looks of it though, we may see VM a bit more just on the strength of the offensive punch and grit he showed when seemingly no one else can and when given leash of an opportunity. I can only see better performances from him once he’s shed that “saling pusa” status.

Comment

• It's a good read that makes sense

NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                      https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• The 2 should be our standard 4 beyond wc23

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
                          BTW is the SBP searching for a candidate Naturalized player? How about Jordan Whilmore? At least he already played with Kai.
                          Great idea, they have chemistry. Jordan will play Center, Kai will be the Power Forward, and Edu will be the Small Forward.

Comment

• Please share me more information of festival of basketball event, thank you

Comment

I envision the play that they are doing against a zone defense. Kai receives the ball at the high post, and kai with his passing skill easily find Jordan below the basket. Who in Asia can defend that? LMFAO. That will be a bread and butter play for this twin tower if ever they will Naturalized Jordan Wilmore. But if not Kouame will be ok too.

What I liked about Jordan even tho he's a big guy he doesn't have that mean streak,the only time I saw him in one highlight to push people around,when he was carried by his own momentum and with Kai inside the shaded lane too and two defenders in front he just bowled those two guys like pins.

Comment

I envision the play that they are doing against a zone defense. Kai receives the ball at the high post, and kai with his passing skill easily find Jordan below the basket. Who in Asia can defend that? LMFAO. That will be a bread and butter play for this twin tower if ever they will Naturalized Jordan Wilmore. But if not Kouame will be ok too.
                                But Rui Hachimura exists?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information