No announcement yet.

2013 PBA Commisioners Cup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I can just imagine it, daily 5 on 5 practice may 1 onwards for 3 months. On one side Castro, David, dillinger, del, and Marcus on the other team jimmy, Ryan, Larry, jap and Greg. That would really jump start our preparation
    NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
    https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

• @snowbadua Players of this team is said to be plotting, or by now staging, mini coup versus their coach. Clue: this is NOT a GLOBAL thing. Another team
      Interesting. In another tweet, he also says it's not Barako Bull.

Comment

• Talk N Text???

Comment

• My bet is Meralco.

Comment

• Alaska vs Ginebra with thousands to be in attendance for this evening's ballgame.

Comment

• Originally posted by engwan View Post
              Interesting. In another tweet, he also says it's not Barako Bull.
              I won't give that a serious thought. Especially if both Global and Barako have already been excluded in the list. As these are the only teams most likely to experience this.

Comment

• Originally posted by hologram View Post
                Talk N Text???
                the least among 8 remaining.
                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• double post
                  Last edited by Jay P. Mercado; 04-10-2013, 12:08 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silent Killer View Post
                    the least among 8 remaining.
                    Anyone who can confirm if Noli Eala indeed sent a tweet to agent Sheryl Reyes, saying, "don't give a new import to them" in indirect reference to TNT?

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                      Anyone who can confirm if Noli Eala indeed sent a tweet to agent Sheryl Reyes, saying, "don't give a new import to them" in indirect reference to TNT?
                      i didnt read anything about eala saying "don't give a new import to them" on their timeline

meanwhile

jerome jordan is the new import of TNT

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...donnell-harvey

Basketball

Talk ‘N Text taps ex-Knick Jerome Jordan to replace Donnell Harvey

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Wednesday, April 10, 2013 · 8:03 am

Talk ‘N Text is bringing in another NBA veteran at a critical juncture in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

The Tropang Texters have tapped seven-foot former New York Knicks center Jerome Jordan, who is fresh from a stint in the NBA D-League.

Talk ‘N Text coach Norman Black confirmed the news to InterAKTV in a text message on Wednesday morning.

Jordan will replace Donnell Harvey, the import who led the Tropang Texters to a finals stint last season.

Harvey was forced to leave the team due to a family emergency, forcing the Tropang Texters to look for a replacement.

Jordan was chosen from a short list of candidates that also included former NBA first-round draftee Ike Diogu and Chinese League stalwart Chris Daniels.

Drafted 44th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Jamaican-born Jordan was part of the New York Knicks team that made the playoffs last year.

He will be coming off a stint with the LA D-Fenders, where he averaged 11.7 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28.5 minutes.

sigpic

Comment

• Will it be Gi-ne-bra or A-las-ka?

Championship atmosphere for tonight's game.

Comment

i didnt read anything about eala saying "don't give a new import to them" on their timeline

meanwhile

jerome jordan is the new import of TNT

http://www.interaksyon.com/interaktv...donnell-harvey

Basketball

Talk ‘N Text taps ex-Knick Jerome Jordan to replace Donnell Harvey

Rey Joble, InterAKTV · Wednesday, April 10, 2013 · 8:03 am

Talk ‘N Text is bringing in another NBA veteran at a critical juncture in the PBA Commissioner’s Cup.

The Tropang Texters have tapped seven-foot former New York Knicks center Jerome Jordan, who is fresh from a stint in the NBA D-League.

Talk ‘N Text coach Norman Black confirmed the news to InterAKTV in a text message on Wednesday morning.

Jordan will replace Donnell Harvey, the import who led the Tropang Texters to a finals stint last season.

Harvey was forced to leave the team due to a family emergency, forcing the Tropang Texters to look for a replacement.

Jordan was chosen from a short list of candidates that also included former NBA first-round draftee Ike Diogu and Chinese League stalwart Chris Daniels.

Drafted 44th overall by the Milwaukee Bucks in the 2010 NBA Draft, the Jamaican-born Jordan was part of the New York Knicks team that made the playoffs last year.

He will be coming off a stint with the LA D-Fenders, where he averaged 11.7 points and 7.2 rebounds in 28.5 minutes.
                          Song: Welcome To New York City (feat. Jay-Z & Juelz Santana) - Cam'Ron

preview on what Jerome Jordan can give... i guess tnt would be back in winning track

Comment

Someone confirmed that Eala did make that tweet last Saturday. But he suffixed his statement with a "haha" at the end of his tweet.

Won't take that against him anymore. It was done in jest so no need to take it anymore than what it was supposed to be. Nonetheless, you wonder just how far Eala can try getting away with his tweets - from incessant complaining of referees' calls to making jests regarding TNT's import dilemma.

Again though, it shouldn't be taken negatively. Perhaps, it was Eala's way of lightening things with his former colleagues in the PLDT Group.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jay P. Mercado View Post
                              Someone confirmed that Eala did make that tweet last Saturday. But he suffixed his statement with a "haha" at the end of his tweet.

Won't take that against him anymore. It was done in jest so no need to take it anymore than what it was supposed to be. Nonetheless, you wonder just how far Eala can try getting away with his tweets - from incessant complaining of referees' calls to making jests regarding TNT's import dilemma.

Again though, it shouldn't be taken negatively. Perhaps, it was Eala's way of lightening things with his former colleagues in the PLDT Group.
                              i found it. I thought it was yesterday or the other day. I remember this tweet

Noli Eala@NoliEala

@FemaleAgentSR @AsiTaulava88 Dont give a new import to them. Hahaha.

sigpic

Comment

• I don't know about you but when a coach says this

"“I think we all agree to give coach Chot the best opportunity to make it to the top three in the Fiba-Asia. We (Tropang Texters) just won the All-Filipino Cup title. The team has four championships in the last four years, and maybe, in the third conference, if we can get a good import, we can win (the Governors Cup title),” Black said.

and starts talking about the 3rd conference already when we are still in the 2nd conference, and says we just won th All Filipino , plus 4 championships in the context of talking about a bigger goal of once in a lifetime opportunity of FIBA. That actually speaks volume of where things stand in terms of priority subconsiounsly must send a message indirectly. You say that publicly and your players hear it, that will really play in the players psych.

BTW there is a reason i posted this here in the PBA thread rather than the NT thread. As seriously there is a bigger story here based on Blacks statement rather than everything else the writer wrote about if you know how to read body language and what things imply

Despite Texters' struggle, Black fully committed to Gilas' shot at history
                                By Richard Dy

April 10, 2013, 01:43 pm

TALK `N Text may be struggling in the ongoing PBA Commissioner’s Cup, but coach Norman Black said lending the team’s top players to Gilas Pilipinas remains a top priority considering the rare opportunity the country has of returning to the world championships.

Black, who conducted the regular Monday night practice of the national team in place of coach Chot Reyes at the Philsports Arena, told Spin.ph the task of preparing the team for the Fiba-Asia tourney maybe a gigantic one, but with a solid talent base, everything is possible.

“I think we all agree to give coach Chot the best opportunity to make it to the top three in the Fiba-Asia. We (Tropang Texters) just won the All-Filipino Cup title. The team has four championships in the last four years, and maybe, in the third conference, if we can get a good import, we can win (the Governors Cup title),” Black said.

“But we will never, ever in my lifetime have an opportunity to make it to the world championships. It won’t happen. So we have to take advantage of it (Fiba-Asia). As far as I’m concerned, I want to win this conference. But I also wanted to be part of history, part of the team that makes it to the world championships. Even if we get blown out by USA or Spain, at least we were there,” the multi-titled PBA mentor added.

The 55-year-old Black said given Gilas Pilipinas has a naturalized player in Marcus Douthit and a number of agile and talented big men in its roster, it is just a matter of putting the pieces together and coming up with a stronger showing in front of its countrymen in a showpiece which the country is hosting for the first time in 40 years.

The Fiba-Asia event is set August 1-11 at the Mall of Asia Arena where reigning champion China, Iran, and Jordan lead the short list of top favorites.

“Talent (in the national team) has improved. As far as size is concerned, we have a naturalized player. This is probably the best chance (to win the Fiba-Asia men’s title) right now, plus the fact that it will be held here in Manila,” noted Black, who handled the national squad that placed fourth in the Asian Games in Hiroshima, Japan in 1994.

“We have a big team. We have the talent. And we came in fourth place the last time. We just need to take one step to the top three. That’s been our goal,” he added.

The top three teams in the Fiba-Asia meet earn the right to represent the region in next year's world championships.

The core of the Gilas Pilipinas team that won the 34th William Jones Cup basketball tournament, comprisedthe main bulk of the 16-man national training pool team - namely LA Tenorio, Gary David, Jeff Chan, Gabe Norwood, Sonny Thoss, Ranidel de Ocampo, Larry Fonacier, Jared Dillinger, and naturalized player Marcus Douthit.

Tapped to reinforce the team are San Mig's Marc Pingris, Petron rookie June Mar Fajardo, Jimmy Alapag, Jayson Castro, Ryan Reyes, Japeth Aguilar and amateur Greg Slaughter, who was picked up from the Gilas cadet pool.

Talk’N Text forward Kelly Williams is no longer part of the Gilas pool since he has taken an indefinite leave of absence due to health reasons.

Follow the writer on Twitter: @richava
                                NBTC- Team New Zealand - Camp David: vision "To provide a basketball Pathway for Filipino Kids in NZ while building men of character and leadership. I can do all things ...
                                https://www.facebook.com/teamNZBasketball/

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information