Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think PBA should change into a regional league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rjmolera20 View Post
    well, my idea right now is every conference or season, the league can re-shuffle the companies associated w/ the city or province..

like:

this season:

smart davao city
    san miguel quezon city

then next season it will be:

san miguel davao city
    smart quezon city
    Don't you think that will defeat the purpose of having a regional league?

It's not as simple as it seems. With name sponsorship comes the burden of having to pay players, coaches, and staff. Should one business entity pull out of sponsoring a regional team, one cannot simply find abother corporate sponsor that is willing to step in. What happens, then, to players on multi-year contracts?

A regional league can and will succeed, but I still hold on to the premise that teams should be corporate entities in themselves.
    Keep running, big boy.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post

It's not as simple as it seems. With name sponsorship comes the burden of having to pay players, coaches, and staff. Should one business entity pull out of sponsoring a regional team, one cannot simply find abother corporate sponsor that is willing to step in. What happens, then, to players on multi-year contracts?

A regional league can and will succeed, but I still hold on to the premise that teams should be corporate entities in themselves.
      Exactly. Almost all of the big and successful European ballclubs are corporate entities. Look at the Euroleague teams: Gescrap Bilbao, Regal Barcelona, Real Madrid, Fenerbahce, and Partizan Belgrade (to name a few). These clubs not only deliver in domestic competitions but are also big contributors to their national teams.
      “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
      -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

OK yan, if PBA goes regional after a year you're going to expect a lockout
        It's ironic to see limited efforts from players with maximum salary.
        I wish they would apply "sabermetrics" in those financially challenged PBA teams to acquire players who are value for their money.

Comment

Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post

yup! any of your ideas are most welcome guys.. ((:

Exactly. Almost all of the big and successful European ballclubs are corporate entities. Look at the Euroleague teams: Gescrap Bilbao, Regal Barcelona, Real Madrid, Fenerbahce, and Partizan Belgrade (to name a few). These clubs not only deliver in domestic competitions but are also big contributors to their national teams.
          ((: yup, i think we should pattern ours from european leagues.. we really deserve to have this kind of league..

Comment

Working...
          X

Debug Information