PBA 2013 Mock Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
    From what I remember Taha was originally a SF but was converted to C in Mapua. That's why he's lacking bigman skills and was initially soft and a cry baby. He rarely posts up (during his stint at Mapau at least) and would rather take jumpers or face up and attack. Holstein a least seems to know his role as a bigman (but still doesn't set picks) and very mobile like Taha. I wonder what he's real measurements is. Taha was leasted 6'8 but was actually shorter when he as measured.
    Taha is measured 6'6 w/o shoes if am not mistaken during PBA draft camp.

Comment

• Originally posted by OjiesIII View Post
      Because of his size and upside a lot coaches will really consider him and athletic bigs are priorities in height deprived PBA. You will not draft a 6'9 fil American everyday in the PBA. To be fair with Holstein, he looks so much tougher compare to Reavis. He would really fit in a team with a lot of firepower like Ginebra, he can give you a defensive presence inside and he is a type of player that doesn't' need the ball to be effective. With the entrance of Junmar Fajardo and Greg Slaughter in the PBA, players like Almazan and Holstein who are defensive bigs will be more valuable for any team.

Look what happened to Ginebra yesterday, got eaten alive by the Kraken.
      Based on his highlights, and if he has a reliable midrange jump shot, maybe he could become the next Poch Juinio. SMC would then be a better fit for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
        Based on his highlights, and if he has a reliable midrange jump shot, maybe he could become the next Poch Juinio. SMC would then be a better fit for him.
        That's what I am thingking but SMC got the 1st pick and they will go with Slaughter for sure. I'll be surprise if they pick Sanggalng, but this kid is gone after 2nd or 3rd pick in the first round. On the other hand, Holstein is a project and if he falls into a right situation, system and teammates he could be a steal in this draft. I am perry sure he gone in the 1st round as well. Maybe 7th to 10th..

Comment

• Looks impressive based on the clips. Lots of potential but was not properly utilized inthe Dleague byhis small baller coach. Could be an Andy Seigle 2.0 or worst case an Omanzie Rodriguez. Liked his athleticism and aggressiveness though. Could be a good role player for future NT, had short stint with the cadets team. Way way better than Gian Chui. San Mig could be a fit team for him but ROS could be suitable also with his good outside shooting.

Comment

• Barako looking at LA Revilla and Jet Vidal...

Comment

• Look who just joined the fray:

ABL@ABLnews

Best wishes to Justin Melton as he decides to enter the PBA Draft. Thanks for all the awesome memories Justin!

Comment

• Originally posted by lovejones View Post
                Look who just joined the fray:

ABL@ABLnews

Best wishes to Justin Melton as he decides to enter the PBA Draft. Thanks for all the awesome memories Justin!
                Who would you pick a melton type of a player or a fortuna type
                of a player?
                To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
                1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                  of a player?
                  I'll get Justin Melton because he is faster, stronger, more athletic, and more impressive than Fortuna. Melton, for one, took Stan Pringle to the hilt in their semis series.

Comment

• Since Parks might join the draft, who will be the team where he will land? Good luck to him if its Air21 He is perfect for Ginebra who's start guard Caguioa is injured and aging.
                    sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by yogaflame View Post
                      Since Parks might join the draft, who will be the team where he will land? Good luck to him if its Air21 He is perfect for Ginebra who's start guard Caguioa is injured and aging.
                      Might be the barako bull on 4th pick and place your bets on barako bull as possible
                      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Since Parks might join the draft, who will be the team where he will land? Good luck to him if its Air21 He is perfect for Ginebra who's start guard Caguioa is injured and aging.
                        ginebra will have a headache if parks decides to join the draft and they land the number 1 pick. will they get parks - a guy with importlike skill and potential and is one of the younger draft applicants - or one of the 3 bigname bigs (slaughter, sangalang almazan) to address their forever need for a true center? if you're a ginebra fan would you pick parks, slaughter or sangalang? the best position to be in for this draft is 3rd...you'll just wait and see who falls to you and pick him.

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                          of a player?
                          no matter how i love fortuna, this is a no brainer...melton dominates jfort in so many facets. fort's edge might only be outside shooting...but name brands are always hard to beat out so there might be teams who have fortuna higher than melton, simply coz they don't know the guy and we can't blame them.

Comment

If Parks will enter the draft, I'll bet my 50 cent he will be pick 2nd overall after Slaughter. No matter what he did in his last UAAP game, he is a two time MVP and a runner up this year and any coach would love to have this kid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Allanhboy View Post
                              I quite agree. The limited teams in the PBA is actually stunting the growth of our players. Some who have upside are limited to bench roles and really damages their confidence in the long run. One good example is Aldrech Ramos. Man, this guy can ball and is a good prototype stretch 4 but he is nowhere to be found playing behind more proven players. But how can he break out of his shell when he is never really given the chance?

Time for the PBA To at least increase the competition to one more team and then plan on having another one in the next 2 years.
                              I hope Henry Sy will have there own team in the PBA. By the way Banchero, Melton, Greg, Sanggalang, Parks, Garcia etc. allot of quality center, PF, SF and guard, will make these the best draft ever. These will be good for our league and for our national team in the future.
                              sigpic

Comment

I hope Henry Sy will have there own team in the PBA. By the way Banchero, Melton, Greg, Sanggalang, Parks, Garcia etc. allot of quality center, PF, SF and guard, will make these the best draft ever. These will be good for our league and for our national team in the future.
                                Banchero will apply for 2014 most probably with Stanley Pringle and not this year. He has to complete at least 2 D-league season because he is under 27.

This year's draft is one of the tallest if not "the tallest" draft ever with 7ft, 6'9 and two 6'7 quality players.
                                Last edited by OjiesIII; 09-29-2013, 10:41 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information