2012 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by eindhow View Post
    Please allow me to repeat myself: WTH WILL BGK DO WITH ANOTHER G?!?!?!?!
    well, bgk guards are cortez, jj, labagal, mark and jwilson...we all know jwilson and labagala are expendable/bench warmers and jj will retire so that leaves them with just one legit point in cortez and an aging shooting guard in caguioa. they can have dylan and allein play 2 but they can also easily slide to 3. what they need the most is a reliable point guard to alternate with or eventually replace cortez and that's mallari...who can also play the 2,3 and even 4. besides bgk still has another first rounder, should they pick 2 bigs over mallari? i don't think so...and i'm pretty sure that if he drops down to 7 then ros would be all too happy to scoop him up.

Comment

• Originally posted by killmebusy View Post
      well, bgk guards are cortez, jj, labagal, mark and jwilson...we all know jwilson and labagala are expendable/bench warmers and jj will retire so that leaves them with just one legit point in cortez and an aging shooting guard in caguioa. they can have dylan and allein play 2 but they can also easily slide to 3. what they need the most is a reliable point guard to alternate with or eventually replace cortez and that's mallari...who can also play the 2,3 and even 4. besides bgk still has another first rounder, should they pick 2 bigs over mallari? i don't think so...and i'm pretty sure that if he drops down to 7 then ros would be all too happy to scoop him up.
      huh even though Alex could handle the ball well and does involve his teammates, I find him to be too erratic to be a Point Guard. Chris Tiu fits more as a Point Guard who could sub for Cortez effectively. I find Alex more as the sub for Caguiao at the 2 if ever he joins Ginebra.
      LABAN KUNG LABAN! KAYA NATIN PILIPINAS!
      Mabuhay ang TEAM PILIPINAS !!!!

NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE!
      THE DREAM LIVES ON !!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by nardy View Post
        well we could see Enrico Villanueva, KG Canaleta, Willie Wilson, John Wilson, Rob Labagala or even Kerby Raymundo either getting traded for future draft rights or not getting a renewed contract if they have expiring ones then most probably they'll finally be forced to retire some among Eric Menk, Jayjay Helterbrand, Billy Mamaril and Rudy Hatfield.

However who stays and goes really depends on who will be the Ginebra Head Coach next season between friends Siot and Chualay .... they have different systems and likes different kind of players for their team. Then of course if the changes they want is approved by Robert Non and Noli Eala.

the above changes would greatly affect on who are Ginebra is to pick in this year's draft.
        The bolded part answers my sentiment. BGK's big men are those who are really aging, not the back court!

I believe JayJay still has it but it's because of other reasons why he wants to retire and that is well respected. Mike Cortez is the definite successor. He'll do great if Alfrancis Chua becomes the coach.

Not only that, they are not really 'big' men. The league now has a surplus of above 6'5 big men. Hatfield and Wilson are 6'2"-6'4" and are old. Yes, effective but if you watch them, they are just too small in this era. Add to that, Enrico Villanueva is a shade of his former self and under 6'5". They already have their PFs in Maierhoffer and Raymundo but Maierhoffer is definitely a Ginebra type player.

Guards? PG? I prefer them to get guards thru trade. PBA has lots of guards already. If ever they get one from the draft, I prefer if they have it picked the 2nd round. My dream PG for BGK in the draft: Lester Alvarez. but they can get him in a trade. If he goes undrafted, then he might get picked up. Hopefully, BGK picks him up. But still, they should be picking big men because that's what this year's draft is all about.

I think they won't trade Labagala because Siot loves him so much. He'll be a 3rd stringer PG ala Barroca for BMeg this season, but a downgrade. Not sure if Chua loves him. Maybe likes him.

You all say Alex Mallari can play 2,3,4? Actually, Ginebra has players like that. Ababou and Maliksi play 2 and 3 (which I think SHOULD be molded as the 1-2 punch of Ginebra). Canaleta plays 2,3,4! Raymundo is a 3-4. So tell me again why we need a Mallari for BGK?!?!?!

Frustrated Ginebra fan here. Yes, Caguioa won his MVP but I haven't been impressed with them since they won a championship before over Air21, which was Hellterbrand's MVP year I believe.
        Philippines is in National Team transition mode.

Comment

• If Jayjay miraculously did not lace his sneakers up this coming season... oh no drafting Mallari might be the biggest blunder..not for him really but maybe to Ababou, Canaleta and Maliksi..

If they really draft Mallari.. expect Caguioa to be semi full time as Ginebra player as he already get the thing he did not achieve..well see another ahem "eye injury" for him

@kmb don't worry about ROS if they will pick Mallari expect one between Lee, Buenafe and Norwood to be otwo

3 conferences I think this enough to gauge all these high profile prospects what he can do conference in and out (heck it take Maliksi one conference to impress PBA peeps)thats why idea of 2 conference residency for filam rule of the commissioner is a genius one.
          To becomes Asia's Best, we need to compete against the World's Best..
          1 Big 4 small > 5 out offense.

Comment

• Originally posted by eindhow View Post
            The bolded part answers my sentiment. BGK's big men are those who are really aging, not the back court!

I believe JayJay still has it but it's because of other reasons why he wants to retire and that is well respected. Mike Cortez is the definite successor. He'll do great if Alfrancis Chua becomes the coach.

Not only that, they are not really 'big' men. The league now has a surplus of above 6'5 big men. Hatfield and Wilson are 6'2"-6'4" and are old. Yes, effective but if you watch them, they are just too small in this era. Add to that, Enrico Villanueva is a shade of his former self and under 6'5". They already have their PFs in Maierhoffer and Raymundo but Maierhoffer is definitely a Ginebra type player.

Guards? PG? I prefer them to get guards thru trade. PBA has lots of guards already. If ever they get one from the draft, I prefer if they have it picked the 2nd round. My dream PG for BGK in the draft: Lester Alvarez. but they can get him in a trade. If he goes undrafted, then he might get picked up. Hopefully, BGK picks him up. But still, they should be picking big men because that's what this year's draft is all about.

I think they won't trade Labagala because Siot loves him so much. He'll be a 3rd stringer PG ala Barroca for BMeg this season, but a downgrade. Not sure if Chua loves him. Maybe likes him.

You all say Alex Mallari can play 2,3,4? Actually, Ginebra has players like that. Ababou and Maliksi play 2 and 3 (which I think SHOULD be molded as the 1-2 punch of Ginebra). Canaleta plays 2,3,4! Raymundo is a 3-4. So tell me again why we need a Mallari for BGK?!?!?!

Frustrated Ginebra fan here. Yes, Caguioa won his MVP but I haven't been impressed with them since they won a championship before over Air21, which was Hellterbrand's MVP year I believe.
            i feel you, aldrech ramos would be a great pick but like i said..HE ALREADY WENT TO ROS AT 7 IN SNOW BADUA'S MOCK. I just filled in the blanks...and well, would you rather pick a marcelo or nabong or (i hope not) chiu or ponferrada or colina at 6? those guys do not have the same upside as mallari. also, i'm not counting trades...just plain draft picks and mallari is a clear top 5 talent who slips at 6. bgk has shown the propensity to NOT draft for need but pick the best player available and clearly he is the BPA at that draft spot. they have an 8th pick btw and a 2nd rounder which they can both burn on bigs. oh and don't count out those 6'4 and below bigs...ROS only has 2 players above that height - norwood and belga - yet they just won a title. they previously employed jr reyes but were better off when quinahan replaced him. anyway i understand your frustrations...it's just that pba teams and fans for that matter need to realize that picking the best player available should be the staple in drafts rather than reaching for need picks.

Comment

• I think I never say Mallari will never picked at 6th.. although i am not sure he will end up in BGK uniform LOL

Comment

• Sana palitan na si siot! not with chualay but junie sauler i hope para bagong mukha naman. Im sooo sick and tired of siots style of coaching. New blood of coaches in the pba please!

Comment

• Originally posted by paulezra View Post
                  Sana palitan na si siot! not with chualay but junie sauler i hope para bagong mukha naman. Im sooo sick and tired of siots style of coaching. New blood of coaches in the pba please!
                  There's Franz Pumaren and Luigi Trillo

Comment

• 1. Air21 Express (to Petron Blaze Boosters) - Junmar Fajardo ALAM NA,
                    2. Alaska Aces – Clifford Hodge
                    3. Barako Bull Energy (to Petron Blaze Boosters) – Calvin Abueva
                    4. Meralco Bolts - Chris Ellis
                    5. Petron Blaze Boosters (to Barako Bull Energy) - Chris Tiu
                    6. Powerade Tigers (to Barangay Ginebra Kings) - Kelly Nabong
                    7. Rain or Shine Elasto Painters -Aldrech Ramos
                    8. Barangay Ginebra Kings - Dave Marcelo
                    9. B-MEG Llamados - Vic Manuel
                    10. Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters (to Powerade Tigers/GlobalPort Batang Pier) - Alex Mallari

2nd Round

1. Air21 Express - Yousef Taha
                    2. Alaska Aces - Keith Jensen
                    3. Barako Bull Energy - Lester Alvarez/AJ Mandani
                    4. Meralco Bolts - Ronald Pascual
                    5. Petron Blaze Boosters - Jason Deutchman
                    6. Powerade Tigers (or is it GlobalPort Batang Pier) - Jewel Ponferrada
                    7. Rain or Shine Elasto Painters - JR Cawaling
                    8. Barangay Ginebra Kings - Mark Sarangay
                    9. B-MEG Llamados - Lester Alvarez
                    10. Talk 'N Text Tropang Texters - Gian Chiu (reunion with Norman Black)

If draft goes to 3rd round/Other possible choices:

Mark Acosta (scoring cornerman)
                    Junar Arce (can't teach height and bulk, carried Cagayan Rising Suns in the D-League)
                    Simon Atkins (possibly Alaska)
                    Bacon Austria (dad Leo is reportedly joining Alaska staff)
                    Ephraim Balagtas (Fil-Am darkhorse??)
                    Jaypee Belencion (Shooter)
                    Fhadzmir Bandaying (Another shooter, lacks size though)
                    Ryan Boada (Fil-Am darkhorse??)
                    JR Buensuceso (If Barako Cola hasn't picked him in the 2nd round)
                    Jerick Canada (If he isn't picked in the 2nd round; and I thought Indonesia Warriors intended to keep their roster intact. Sleeper)
                    Andrian Celada (scoring from 2/3)
                    Woody Co (decent at the 2/3/4)
                    Jan Colina (has size and shooting range from the F spots)
                    Karl Dehesa (the D-League telecast analysts hype him up as a Ryan Reyes-type, not sure though)
                    Anthony Del Rio
                    Franz Delgado (PGs from Baste, does everything [on offense] well, does nothing great - DEWDNG)
                    June Dizon (Yeng Guiao loves wide-bodied 6'3" PFs, doesn't he?)
                    Jason Escueta (Wide-bodied 6'5 guy)
                    Kokoy Hermosisma (shooting from the PG position)
                    Mark Jeffries (DEWDNG)
                    Janus Lozada (This guy is a sleeper)
                    Ramon Mabayo (Pingris Lite, played for RoS' D-League affiliate [if that is even relevant] Cafe France)
                    Raymond Maconocido (serviceable C/G)
                    Emman Monfort (#FreeEmmanMonfort)
                    Jewel Ponferrada (Idol niya si Edwin Asoro hehe)
                    Raphy Reyes (Helped shoot Big Chill deep into the D-League playoffs)
                    Mark Sarangay (Guy is 6'7 and quite mobile)
                    Stephen Siruma (athletic guy who can defend the 3 and 4 positions)
                    Eric Suguitan (6'7 guy who was buried deep in the NLEX rotation)
                    Eliot Tan (Also helped shoot Big Chill deep into the D-League playoffs, hasn't shown playmaking ability though)
                    Paul Zamar (improved a lot under Leo Isaac)
                    “I never realised that to be a jockey you had to be a horse first.”
                    -Arrigo Sacchi

Comment

• Originally posted by reamily View Post
                      There's Franz Pumaren and Luigi Trillo
                      Trillo? dafuq! a remake of 0-28 season?

Comment

• damn the PBA really needs at least 2 more teams.
                        POLITICS: Old men talk while young men are dying...

Comment

• Originally posted by sharky View Post
                          damn the PBA really needs at least 2 more teams.
                          hmm not that really as it is the norm we actually seeing.. because 8-10 yrs ago teams seems to be ;ack of firepower due to the weak drafts of the 1990's(the one of Jason Webb's batchec, Ildefonsos's et al. )..heck we have only 9 competitive teams right now..

Comment

• Originally posted by sharky View Post
                            damn the PBA really needs at least 2 more teams.
                            Agree. Not much room for development of younger players. And am not even considering the current crop of rookies about to enter the league. 12 would be an ideal number.
                            If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

• Originally posted by durden_tyler View Post
                              Agree. Not much room for development of younger players. And am not even considering the current crop of rookies about to enter the league. 12 would be an ideal number.
                              2 more independent or 2 more team both from 2 new super power hoho, SM and Manny Villar (oh god please just waste your money in basketball )

Comment

• Originally posted by epic_dream View Post
                                2 more independent or 2 more team both from 2 new super power hoho, SM and Manny Villar (oh god please just waste your money in basketball )
                                Good point. In order of preference for parity's (and sanity of IBN's) sake:

a) 2 indie
                                b) 1 indie + 1 from Other Evil Empire
                                c) 1 indie + 1 from Original Evil Empire
                                d) 1 from Original Evil Empire and 1 from Other Evil Empire
                                e) 2 from Other Evil Empire
                                f) 2 from Original Evil Empire
                                If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information