No announcement yet.

2012 PBA Draft

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tiu is perfect for meralco since they need a decent PG and its a MVP owned team.
    sigpic

Comment

• my mock draft 2.0

1. Petron - Junemar Fajardo. no doubt he'll be the number 1 pick over all. SMB ABL did good job on fajardo at ABL. he can provide inside presence that PBB miss. They don't have post offense, with addition of fajardo will help it.

2. Alaska - Cliff Hodge. a workhorse. can provide anything. need another help for thoss at front court. Baracael will slide at 3 and make Espinas a back up at 4. Alaska is loaded at guard position so with this pick can upgrade the front court.

3. Petron - Aldrich Ramos. will certainly trade this player within SMC probably with B-Meg, additional big man for B-meg side or with rumor danny seigle's return to Petron might shift Ramos to barako bull side via trade.

4. Meralco - Chris Tiu. Can provide steady presence at PG. they need a leadership at back court. Meralco needs a PG that can set plays for his team. Mercado can slide to SG. he'll be more suitable at 2 spot. he's a tweener guard. Ross will be relegated to off the bench role to provide energy coming off the bench.

5. Barako Bull Energy - Calvin Abueva. well as we see in NCAA, abueva can do it all in terms of rebounding, scoring and dishing assist. Coach baculi is tough minded coach. IMO perfect coach to coach abueva. With Seigle's possible return to PBB and possible addition Ramos to BBE, can certainly help BEE franchise next season/

6. BGK - Chris Ellis. when i see Chris Ellis is like the upgraded version of arwind santos with better ball handling. can play SF/PF for BGK. with the possible retirement of Menk, they need a young big man at their team. With this pick, the frontcourt of Maierhoffer and ellis will provide problems to other teams. They Have veterans Bigs like mamaril, kerby and hatfield to help them. It will be exciting to watch BGK next season.

7. Rain Or Shine - Dave marcelo. As evident in game 5 when beau belga thrown out they don't have replacement for him. With Addition of Marcelo will certainly help it. Can provide Toughness and heft at front. He's perfect 4-5 man for coach yeng.

8. BGK - Yousef Taha. Exclamation point! BGK needs to get young at front court. with this addition, Taha is perfect investment. Can provide post presence that only Kerby provides at times. with addition of Taha it will add another threat at post game for BGK.

9. B-Meg - Vic Manuel. Scoring Machine in D-League/PBL. he's former MVP for nothing. can provide scoring at 3 spot for B-meg side. He'll share the 3 spot with Intal. Manuel will add depth at scoring for B-Meg side.

10. Global Sports Batang Pier - Kelly Nabong. Can provide inside presence for this team. he can provide scoring, rebound and on defensive side. can certrainly help alongside with Al-Hussaini at frontcourt.

2nd round

11. Air 21 Express - JR Buensuceso. with coach pumaren's system, JR is perfect fit. They need an impact player on their team. JR can certainly provide that. It makes air21's game faster with his addition.

12. Alaska Aces - Jason Deutchman. a good back up for Sonny Thoss.

13. Barako Bull Energy - Alex Mallari. An upgraded version of Gabe Norwood. Fierce. alongside with potential draftee Abueva and Ramos, BEE will be tough to beat.

14. Meralco Bolts - Gian Chiu. With Asi probably playing his last year next season and hugnatan might follow asi path, gian chiu will grow as back up for asi and hugnatan for a season and makes impact on gian's 2nd season for meralco squad.

15. PBB - Roland Pascual. probably will get this guy then release him to SMB ABL team for more seasoning.

16. Global Sports Batang Pier - Keith Jensen. He'll be perfect partner for Sean Anthony. A good rebounder himself. Can score outside as well. it will be a good start for Romero Franchise with Jensen and Nabong.

17. Rain Or Shine - Mark Jeffries. good pick for ROS if they got this guy. he'e very coachable and he's aggressive. Added banger for ROS team.

18. BGK - AJ Mandani. Need another good back up to Cortez. JJ will soon announce his retirement anytime soon. He'll be a good pick

19. B-Meg - JR Cawaling. Former gilas main stay. good back up to james yap. he'll compete minutes to other good players on his position.

20. TNT - Jan Colina. Good replacement for Ali peek. Peek will soon announce retirement. Colina can take peek slot. Good back up to RDO or to Japeth Aguilar.
      Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

• Gian Chiu also joined the draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero View Post
          Gian Chiu also joined the draft.
          very deep!

555463_510351962314577_1944589884_n.jpg

417570_510352012314572_2110955850_n.jpg

373855_510352062314567_1053034566_n.jpg
          www.pbadraft.net
          facebook.com/Pbadraftnet
          twitter.com/PBADraftdotnet

"ONE MAN ARMY"

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
            ...Skills of Tiu is questionable. In Gilas he just wasn't that consistent - his shooting was inconsistent; as a pg he does not have enough experience and his dribbling is not the best; and I think his defense is a little bit overrated(you can't classify him as on-ball defensive player nor as an off-ball defensive player)... His passing and his court vision are his biggest strengths..
            Sounds familiar. Here's what was said about Lin when he entered the draft in 2010: "a smart passer with a flawed jump shot and a thin frame, who might not have the strength and athleticism to defend, create his own shot or finish at the rim in the N.B.A."

Originally posted by Zero View Post
            Gian Chiu also joined the draft.
            The comedy will practically write itself if he gets to play on the same team who gets CT.

The "Tiu-Chiu" duo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
              Sounds familiar. Here's what was said about Lin when he entered the draft in 2010: "a smart passer with a flawed jump shot and a thin frame, who might not have the strength and athleticism to defend, create his own shot or finish at the rim in the N.B.A."

The comedy will practically write itself if he gets to play on the same team who gets CT.

The "Tiu-Chiu" duo.
              see my mock draft. hehe

sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by logre23 View Post
                very deep!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4340[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4341[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4342[/ATTACH]
                Jumbo Escueta has joined the draft!

Obviously, Jumbo and Monfort will join Fajardo, Abueva, Hodge, and Tiu in the first round! Book it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post
                  Tiu could surprise a lot of us. Between his skills as a basketball player and the other skills the he has it's kinda difficult to make a safe guess on what kind of contribution Tiu will be able to give.

Originally posted by Jordan Bruiseter View Post

The "Tiu-Chiu" duo.
                  And if they play alongside the Sol Train it will be "Tiu-Chiu Train".

Comment

• Originally posted by regierr View Post
                    Tiu could surprise a lot of us. Between his skills as a basketball player and the other skills the he has it's kinda difficult to make a safe guess on what kind of contribution Tiu will be able to give.

And if they play alongside the Sol Train it will be "Tiu-Chiu Train".
                    if my mock draft follows then, Meralco has combination of Tiu, Chiu and Mercado's Nick (Sol Train) hehe.

sigpic

Comment

• Chris Tiu: "I applied for the PBA because I felt it was my responsibility to the fans, it's a great opportunity to inspire."
                      If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

Comment

• Originally posted by ariel_muhlach View Post
                        Chris Tiu: "I applied for the PBA because I felt it was my responsibility to the fans, it's a great opportunity to inspire."
                        I'd thought it's just because he wasn't part of the selection of Gilas II, but instead only in CADET pool as he also said in his interview tonight.
                        Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryotek View Post
                          I'd thought it's just because he wasn't part of the selection of Gilas II, but instead only in CADET pool as he also said in his interview tonight.
                          many of his girl fans are crying for him to play at the PBA and not yet retire from competitive basketball. they're very persistent not only in Facebook and tweeter as they even bother him thru texts and emails. then if they see him personally they'll follow him around while pestering him about the PBA Draft.
                          If you cannot amaze people with your intelligence, confuse them with your stupidity.

Comment

• Both Tiu and Atkins will be joining this draft!!! We'll see to many girls at the venue on Aug. 19.
                            Not only does God play dice, but sometimes he throws the dice where we can’t see them.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cryotek View Post
                              Both Tiu and Atkins will be joining this draft!!! We'll see to many girls at the venue on Aug. 19.
                              The Yang to Junmar Fajardo's Yin.
                              Keep running, big boy.

Comment

• Originally posted by kerouac82 View Post
                                The Yang to Junmar Fajardo's Yin.
                                I tried my best to hold back posting "don't leave out Monfort in the equation."

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information