No announcement yet.

2014 14th WABA Championship [Amman, Jordan, May 23-29]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iran U18 beat both Syria and Iraq to finish 2nd in this WABA tournament. as I said before I didn't expect them to beat any team here but they were much better than my expectations (or maybe I was overestimating these West Asian teams) they could even win the title here lol !

they had a new foreign coach from Serbia only few days before this tournament so I expect them to improve. it seems we will have a good U18 team this year.

Comment

Iran U-18? they played against weak teams
      sigpicNEVER SAY DIE PILIPINAS!

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
        Iran U-18? they played against weak teams

I'm very eager to give them a try against Philippines with the results they got in the WABA...

And if i were a Jordanian fan i wouldn't even talk until the next major competition!! Winning at home in the last 6 mins against an U18 squad...bravo guys!

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post
          I'm very eager to give them a try against Philippines with the results they got in the WABA...

And if i were a Jordanian fan i wouldn't even talk until the next major competition!! Winning at home in the last 6 mins against an U18 squad...bravo guys!
          Come on man, you didn't get it ? they didn't play "serious"

I was thinking did their U18 team played serious last year when they came to Iran for WABA U18 Championship ? after all you better compare U18 teams with each other and not with senior teams, Jordan U18 lost 118-59 to Iran U18 (the same team here). I assume they didn't play serious too. after all losing by 59pts to another Asian team is something only Bangladesh and Sri Lanka are capable of.
          Last edited by mohsena2631; 05-30-2014, 02:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by behzadir View Post

Iran without haddadi,kamrani and bahrami is nothing!

in the future Iran will be in the bottom again

Jordan is force in the next but w/out Daghles,abbas and wright jordan is nothing

Comment

Kudos to the Iran U-18 team!
              sometimes I worry about the future of our NT after this golden generation retires, but these youngsters were pretty impressive. tournaments like this will also boost their confidence for bigger events in the future. Good to see the federation taking the right steps for development of Iran's basketball by sending the future generation to these events.

Comment

Iran is the Turkey of FIBA ASIA

Comment

Originally posted by Arabius
                  stop bragging.....you are still a third world basketball team..........see you in asia 2015

You're still at best the 2nd best country in the Middle East, but surely Lebanon is better than you.
                  You can have a minor role in Asian tournaments and 1million times more dreams and egos than your thrue value thanks to massive naturalisation of foreign players.

But unlike you Iran is something on world level, for sure among top 20 in the world without any doubts, and top 16 also soon.

Let's try to play a little bit less serious next time in 2015, which risks ?
                  Losing by 50 or 60 this time ???

Comment

Originally posted by rocketstar47 View Post
                    Iran without haddadi,kamrani and bahrami is nothing!

in the future Iran will be in the bottom again

I like this guy...he makes me laugh hard

When the U18 team was slaughtering their opponents in last year's WABA championship i knew this team is special...Though some teams wouldn't take the games too serious (They never do unless they win!)

This is the age were you can make or break, a very sensitive one if you ask me...Getting overconfident and slowing the progression process is the biggest challenge here for these youngsters, though having most of them play in the super league makes you think they can handle the confidence and pressure in a professional way...

I'm happy that our basketball federation knows what talent lies in this team as they have prepared a camp in Europe before the U18 Asian Championship... nothing helps more than preparation games.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information