Qatar NT's Tanguy Ngombo to NBA?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mavrick_h View Post
    by this draft i conclude or shall i say most of the Asian folks at least conclude

1. NBA teams are no more quality teams for picking such player
    2. Ngombo is a hero that nobody knows even he didn't win anything in Asia
    3. If Ngombo is drafted what about Fadi, Samad, Abbas...and these players are 28+

this is really a big joke.
    Take note that Ngombo is registered as a citizen from Congo, not Qatar, in the draft and eventually the NBA. He's making Africa proud, not Asia.
    GILAS WISHLIST:
    6'8 Pingris

Comment

Originally posted by CKR13 View Post
      Ngombo was dealt to the Portland Trailblazers.
      You mean the Minnesota Timberwolves. They were the only team interested in him and it happened. Here's the reason from draftexpress
      How did the Minnesota learn about Tanguy Ngombo? Their international scout, Pete Philo was an assistant coach on the Chinese national team. My guess is Philo took notice of Tanguy Ngombo when he put up 24 & 9 against China in November 2010, as detailed here: http://bit.ly/kGeEdp
      Here's the lesson: If you are Asian who wants to make the NBA, make sure to play hard against China NT.

Edit: I'm confused, NBA.com does say he was traded to Portland, while Chad Ford says he was traded to the Wolves? Also see rotoworld
      Find all the latest Rotoworld fantasy sports news, live coverage, videos, highlights, stats, predictions, and results right here on NBC Sports.
      aim low, score high

Comment

Lol !!!!!!!

Ngombo got busted!!

On another note NBA teams now look stupid and should do a much better job regarding their research before drafting their international players

Comment

hhahahaaahahahah Ngombo to the NBA ?? :P lol

this player got his ass kicked By many Asian Players

so what about:
          1-Fadi El Khatib
          2-Samad Nikha Bahrami
          3-Jean Abdel Nour
          4-Zaid Abbas
          5-Sam Daghlas
          6-Vroman Jax
          7-Matt Freijie

lol i believe that all these Players better and by Far then Ngombo
          Proud To Be Lebanese

Live Streaming On LBCI Site :http://www.lbcgroup.tv/sports

Source:

Lebanese Basketball Group on FB (THX TO ROY HAJJ FOR ALL THE STATS)

www.sports-leb.com

www.sportkello.com

http://www.malaeeb.com/

Comment

I think Ngombo has a chance to make a roster if he improves his defense. His offensive talents are solid he can shoot he can penetrate and finish, and I think it bodes well for an offensively talented league. Now his defense has got to improve, as most foreigners do. The size and speed of these players in the NBA is not seen elsewhere....but if he knocks down shots and grabs a few rebounds like how he has dominated the Asian scene the past 2 years and works hard, he can get there.
            My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
            1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
            1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
            1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
            1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
            1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
            1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
            1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Originally posted by usausa View Post
              I think Ngombo has a chance to make a roster if he improves his defense. His offensive talents are solid he can shoot he can penetrate and finish, and I think it bodes well for an offensively talented league. Now his defense has got to improve, as most foreigners do. The size and speed of these players in the NBA is not seen elsewhere....but if he knocks down shots and grabs a few rebounds like how he has dominated the Asian scene the past 2 years and works hard, he can get there.
              man you're really amusing hahaha lol @ dominated i'm gonna piss on my paints from laughing
              he's just a regular offensive player no 'Special' great skills fella

Comment

Originally posted by interxavierxxx View Post
                Take note that Ngombo is registered as a citizen from Congo, not Qatar, in the draft and eventually the NBA. He's making Africa proud, not Asia.
                loool who cares ? he doesn't belong there that's for sure.

i'm really concerned about the NBA managements and scouts....

it's supposed to be the best place for players...by this jock they certainly aren't anymore.

Comment

it's supposed to be the best place for players...by this jock they certainly aren't anymore.
                  They already found out that he's lying about his age (maybe you missed the link I posted).... But I do agree that this mistake shouldn't have happened and they should have done much better research before drafting him.

Comment

One of the reasons why I lost interest in the NBA and became an international basketball fanatic.

Day by day, I'm starting to lose respect for this league.
                    GILAS WISHLIST:
                    6'8 Pingris

Comment

Adding veteran leadership using the NBA draft, now THAT'S thinking outside the box
                      47-70
                      76-58

Comment

Filipinos and Lebanese that have problems with Ngombo's Qatari citizenship are comical since Douthit is not Filipino at all and neither is Jackson Vroman or Cheick Samb (they want to naturalize him).

Comment

Tanguy Ngombo

Not good. Teams should've done better research on this guy.

Tanguy Ngombo Lied About Age, Actually 26
                          Jun 25, 2011 12:08 AM EDT

Tanguy Ngombo, who was drafted with the 57th overall pick in Thursday's draft, lied about his age and is actually 26.

Ngombo was selected for the Minnesota Timberwolves.

Via Jonathan Givony/Draft Express (via Twitter)

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1QIIWwbGV

Comment

Originally posted by Xristos View Post
                            Filipinos and Lebanese that have problems with Ngombo's Qatari citizenship are comical since Douthit is not Filipino at all and neither is Jackson Vroman or Cheick Samb (they want to naturalize him).
                            well if you look at Qatar's national team, i think half of their roster are naturalized citizens which clearly violates Fiba's rules. Qatar is notorious for that, even in football they have been known for buying the best players who are not yet capped by other nations and territories.
                            you know why I am happy

Comment

Originally posted by Xristos View Post
                              you're even funnier dude at least we don't neglect or deny our naturalized players which by FIBA's rule is completely legal (and that's if you know the rules).

which Qatari player is a 1 % Qatarian by DNA ?! you answer that and then let us talk

Comment

27 year old nba draftee? lolz

the qatar youth team is more like a real qataris unlike the seniors team which is almost all of them are africans? hehe
                                Philippine Malditas to FIFA Womens World Cup 2023

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information