Arab Basketball Championship-Beirut 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by marc333 View Post
    I hope the loss won't be taken as an excuse by the FLB to change the coach...I don't think he can be judged on an unimportant tournament being held right after a tiring WBC where none of the players was motivated to play!
    coach has nothing to do with the loss today man.
    The FLB can't be that stupid, unless for other purposes everything is possible.

Comment

• Oh GOD !!!!

What happened yesterday?!

The court was terrible, it was very very very slippery.

Wallah 7aram! Anw, this tournament is nothing to us, our eyes on the next "ABC-Beirut 2011".

Hard luck guys, and congratzz to the Egyptian NT (Mabrook).
      sigpic

Comment

• Congrats for Egypt and hard luck for Lebanon.

From the beginning of the tournament , i was aware that the team is mentally not ready for any tournaments after 3 months with the NT , they r physically tired and i think they deserve some rest .

Anyway we usually do not participate in this tournaments but since we r hosting it , it was obligatory so thanks to all the players for their efforts w Alla ye7miyon!
        Proud to be Lebanese
        www.arabasket.com

Comment

• Both level teams are miserable... what a slippery court.. disaster

It s a really disgusting level.. I assume that slippery court was the reason.. Players can't play and get hurt .. I said minimum we will have 5 injuries,,, Thank god no one..just falls

The only good thing is the crowd... it was really nice ..

HOSTING Fiba Asia 2011 has to stop on the following stuff: especially and slippery courts... like in Stancovic ... slippery court.. why ?? how many ACs you have ?

No player shows a good level.. all were coming from 2nd class team from a miserable league..

And stop talking about tired and blablabla .. you are hosting the tournament and should not give arguments... make calculation for next time .. Lebanese always finds excuses.. cha3b ti3banin..

Comment

• Originally posted by samer_1_2 View Post
            Both level teams are miserable... what a slippery court.. disaster

It s a really disgusting level.. I assume that slippery court was the reason.. Players can't play and get hurt .. I said minimum we will have 5 injuries,,, Thank god no one..just falls

The only good thing is the crowd... it was really nice ..

HOSTING Fiba Asia 2011 has to stop on the following stuff: especially and slippery courts... like in Stancovic ... slippery court.. why ?? how many ACs you have ?

No player shows a good level.. all were coming from 2nd class team from a miserable league..

And stop talking about tired and blablabla .. you are hosting the tournament and should not give arguments... make calculation for next time .. Lebanese always finds excuses.. cha3b ti3banin..
            rou7 ya faranse inta , can you stop using " you" ??? its like your looking at us from a superior position or whatever , either say your not Lebanese or stop saying " you".
            What a shame!
            Proud to be Lebanese
            www.arabasket.com

Comment

• i know that yesterday's loss was a disappointment to all lebanese,but still there are facts to be listed
              to begin,the court was too slippery,how can we expect to have fast breaks or drives with such conditions,thanks god no one got injured
              second rony was our pg for the whole 40 min which obviously affected his level
              tab used to replace him with ali mahmoud when he becomes tired or less effective on the court.so,ali's absence can be considered as a contributing reason.
              finally,the referee had some bad calls,still i'm not saying he's bad
              added to bad luck
              as a conclusion this wasn't our day at all,this day was also bad on our u18 nt
              lets forget about this championship and look forward and definitely it's ridiculous to change the coach

Comment

• Congrats to Egypt on winning this tournament! Tough luck for our Lebanese NT

I didn't get to watch the game but what I can say is that nothing was really gained from this tournament except that the Lebanese fans showed that they are still great supporters of our NT and of basketball.

The timing of the tournament was horrible (right after the WC). The condition of the court and organization of the championship in general wasn't the best (people not being able to get to the stadium and not finding any places. Some people I read from the facebook group mentioned they got beaten up by the army.)

I would have wished that we could have played with another team (maybe our B "NT" even if that meant that we would have lost more games and not made it to the advanced stages of this tournament. At least the players would have gained more experience and exposure).

I can't see what players like Khatib or Fahed would have gained from playing this tournament. Fahed could have seriously gotten injured from these slips on court.

Comment

• Any statistics, boxscores from this tournament?
                  My Blog: http://wwoib.blogspot.com/

Statistics Wish List:
                  1990 Asian Games -in Beijing, CHN
                  1991 Pan Am Games -in Havana, CUB
                  1991 South American Championships -in Valencia, VEN
                  1991 Oceania Championship -in NZ
                  1991 Asian Basketball Championship -in Kobe, JPN
                  1992 African Basketball Championship -in Cairo, EGY
                  1992 Euro Olympic Basketball Tournament -in Spain

Comment

Working...
                  X