No announcement yet.

Semi-Final Game : Iran vs Chinese Taipei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

15-0 running for Iran, TPE very very sloppy with the ball.

Comment

Iran dominating the boards while CT has been making too many turnovers. Bad transition defense for CT in the 2nd quarter.

3 fouls for Hadadi.

Good run by CT to end the half. This isn't over yet. Hadadi and Bahrami both are non-factors so far.
      Last edited by greenarcher; 08-10-2013, 10:26 AM.

Comment

41-35 End of 1st Half, Iran

Comment

haddadi with 3 fouls in the first half. its no longer an easy game for iran. chinese taipei is feisty. chinese taipei is a 2nd half team, iran has'nt been tested so far.

its all kamrany in the first half.

Comment

I can barely believe what I have seen in this 2QT honestly. Taiwan was making TOs after TOs and seemed completely unable to defend very simple two-men transition offenses by Iran and did not even seem to recognize they could foul to stop those fastbreaks... This is frightening, really. I did not know they were that weak in defense. The final minute 6-0 run saved the day for them but this 20-2 run by Iran before is something they have to worry about.

Comment

What are they playing at, honestly? Even India is a better defending team...

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieJB View Post
                I can barely believe what I have seen in this 2QT honestly. Taiwan was making TOs after TOs and seemed completely unable to defend very simple two-men transition offenses by Iran and did not even seem to recognize they could foul to stop those fastbreaks... This is frightening, really. I did not know they were that weak in defense. The final minute 6-0 run saved the day for them but this 20-2 run by Iran before is something they have to worry about.
                Even a one-on-three fastbreak they weren't able to stop.

Comment

Total domination by Iran on the boards. CT with just 1 attempt every possession, 13 total rebounds for CT and the 3rd quarter is almost done.

CT looks gassed at this point. Probably gave too much last night.

Comment

Iran making it look so easy. They are just playing tough defense and then goes on a fastbreak play on the other end.

Comment

Bye bye Taiwain, the Cinderella story is over...
                      The only explanations I can think of are:
                      - Exhaustion because their game requires lots of energy while Iran has cruised through the tournament so far
                      - Outcoaching
                      - Ourebounding doesn't help...

UGLY AWAKENING

Comment

4 points only for taipei in the 3rd quarter, what defense.

Comment

Originally posted by greenarcher View Post
                          CT looks gassed at this point. Probably gave too much last night.
                          or just probably Iran is a complete different level basketball team in this tourney.

Comment

Iran players are everywhere and their hands are everywhere. It's like they have 7 players on the court.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieJB View Post
                              Bye bye Taiwain, the Cinderella story is over...
                              The only explanations I can think of are:
                              - Exhaustion because their game requires lots of energy while Iran has cruised through the tournament so far
                              - Outcoaching
                              - Ourebounding doesn't help...

UGLY AWAKENING
                              You really thought that CT would win Iran?! Exhaustion isn't not a excuse. There is a big difference in levels. If a team is up to the level and have this winning mentality, exhaustion becomes an irrelevant factor. Coz simply mentally they can still execute even though physically they are tired. In CT case, they are letting their judgement/execution get affected by their physical condition something that you can't easily find in a high level team. Simple example Jordan last edition, they had a tougher game vs Iran in the QFs back then and yet managed to win the Semis.

Comment

Just imagine if Iran had Kazemi in their line-up... it would have been a total overkill.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information