Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by daniab View Post
    WE DID ITTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT!!!!!!

Lebanon will remain among the Elite teams in Asia, great results for our fighters, they had no camps, no preprations, nothing nothing, and yet they finished 5th with 2 wins!
    Proud of them!
    great news, i was afraid we'd loose against kazakhestan and have to wait 4 more years to be able to compete with the elite teams.
    i think that for now we should start focusing on the next ABC tournement, we must train hard these 2 coming years if we are to make it to the semis in years

Comment

this is awesome that's what i was hoping for staying in Level 1

what a game by Denson !!!

Congrats Lebanon hopefully we will climb some places in the next FIBA rankings announcement

Comment

China-Korea rematch to determine the only spot to London. With 7 players with Olympic experience (compared to just 2 for China) Korea will be very formidable. For China, Chen Nan has been unstoppable but will have to bang against a bigger Ha Eun-Joo, who like her brother mostly sits on the bench but has been quite effective when she's on the floor. China's young players are more or less struggling from the stats I see and probably won't be trusted to be on the floor too long but we need someone to step up for the W.
        aim low, score high

Comment

India women hold off Malaysia 66-60 to remain in Level 1.

this is the third Championship in a row India has beaten Malayasia. same scenario happened in 2009, going 0 - 5 in group, then beating Malaysia in qualifying round. In 2007 India went 5 - 0 in level 2, then beat Malaysia to take their sport in level 1.

really doesnt mean much as India was blown out by all opponents in level 1 except Lebanon, which was 19 point defeat.

Going into the tournament coach Pete Gaudet was saying the games against Lebanon and Malaysia were India's real tournament.

Comment

Title game:
            China - South Korea 65-62

Third place:
            Japan - Chinese Taipei 83-56

China qualified to 2012 Oly.

Comment

Congratulations to the Chinese Women. Job well done Ladies!
              Sacramento Kings
              HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

No women's basketball thread is complete without pictures

Choi Youn-Ah (#6) starts crying immediately after the Final loss against China. "I missed the last shot and I remembered our old players on the bench. This is their last tournament with us."

Japan's Yuko Oga was devastated after the semi-final loss against China. "The goal was to go to London and I'm deeply sorry that we failed everyone." Oga wore kicks with the English words "3.11 never forget" written on them, in a tribute to the earthquake victims earlier this year.

China's Zhao Shuang crying after, not a loss, but a big win against Lebanon. The following quote from FIBAasia.net (except they got the name wrong): "That’s the spirit of the youngster who feels she hasn’t done enough," said China coach Sun Fengwu. "It’s good and bad. Good because she feels could have done better, bad because she can’t express it better than crying," he chuckled.

At least it wasn't a teary ending for her.

Good learning experience for all the Chinese youngsters, they got big helps from our veterans, but come London time they'll be in charge and hopefully they won't struggle as much.

Now it's our boys turn to do the same.
                aim low, score high

Comment

Working...
                X

Debug Information