No announcement yet.

Group E, Day 2: Philippines vs. Iran

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ganyan dapat lumalaban!!! Win or lose... Now we have the psychological advantage against the other teams! Bravo pilipinas!
    FOR FLAG AND COUNTRY!!!

Comment

• Honestly, single coverage on Hamed and not even a trace of zone defense?

Our shooting was great but our poor defense has to be attributed to poor scouting. We had no answer for Hamed and Bahrami.

Comment

• D@mn! we lost but good game.

Yeng and our boys should work on our 1st qtr performance. That 1st qtr has always been our problem. If we didn't let Iran go 30+ on the 1st, this would have been closer but 10pts after being down by what 23? Not bad for a team who didn't have enough preparation.

And we saw a consistent 3pt shooting and Gabe and Dillinger getting their offense going. Lets hope it continues~

9am tomorrow against Kuwait!
        ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

• 16/43 triples and for the second game in a row... we scored more threes than two-pointers...

sigpic

Comment

• This is a STATEMENT GAME more than anything else. Now, less teams may underestimate us.

Comment

• Yesterday we were shooting the 3's well but we barely eke out a win.
              Today we were shooting 3s well but still lose.
              Wait till we can't find our shot.
              This will tell us the strength or rather the weakness of our team.

Comment

• i just hope in the knockout quarters, we start strong....seems that's the only letdown for RP Team.
                SMART GILAS: all the way

Comment

• Law of averages tells us that we're going to have a better start in the next games.

Go Pinas!

Comment

• is it just me or the phils looked slow and not into the game
                    they were hitting shots all over but when it was a 9 pt game they had turnover and poor defense especially on 7 guard who made the three
                    what is up with YG, no fastbreaks and no hard defense only on 13 guy
                    i think we could have done better and won the game with them leading by 9
                    I believe. Lets go Team Pilipinas

Comment

• THERE are a lot of "ifs" "could haves' and Should Haves in this game.....

we could have won it, but at least, we know we can beat any team now. 88-78 Iran.

slick 3 point shooting. We can shoot 3s now. It's going to be a big weapon for the quarters

tomorrow 9am, vs Kuwait...

Vent your frustrations guys.... practice the 3!!

Comment

• Good game,
                        Philippines played very well, their long range shot % was exceptional. especially in the second half. officiating wasn't the strong point of this game.

Comment

• Nice game rp!! Nice game!!

Comment

• Originally posted by htownflip87 View Post
                            i'm proud of the way they played. too bad it didnt come earlier. it seems that we are a second half team, but unfortunately we dont do that well in the first 2 quarters...
                            We actually outscored Iran in the 2nd by 20-14 if I'm not mistaken, its that silly 1st qtr that is the reason we lost this game.

We let fear get to us first and then realize in the end we can take this guys.
                            ~All men are born with a nose and ten fingers, but no one was born with a knowledge of God~

-Voltaire

Comment

• The only glimmer of hope I have come QF round, we play better when our backs are against the proverbial wall. When there is this sense of urgency. Mentally (psychologically), we only viewed the games vs, Taiwan and Japan as the ones that we MUST win. We don't need to win everytime as long as we nail those 2. It must have contributed (the urgency) why we fared better.
                              No upset yet thus far in this tournament. I hope we will provide the 1st one.

Comment

• if we won and placed second in our group, there's a chance we meet 1st seed of team f right? i think that's what they're trying to avoid..

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information