United Football League Teams in International Competitions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• United Football League Teams in International Competitions

Mods, I hope you allow this, I suggest we use the "Philippine Football" thread for the National Team updates only.

Games tomorrow (Sat., May 28, 2016) by United Football League (UFL) teams in Singapore against various opponents.

Global goes up against a Cambodian team while Ceres goes up against the Singapore U-23 team. I expect these matches to be easy for the teams, I hope they win.

No details if they will be televised, though, I hope they will ...

13244049_1226653750680767_5360962391241180918_o.jpg
    Philippine Football News on Facebook

rhk111's Military and Arms Page

Global FC won as expected over Nagaworld FC via a rout, 5-0. Nagaworld FC is a two-time Champion in Cambodia's main league, but it seems Global FC was just the better team.

Global FC goes up against a much tougher team next, Singapore's Tampines Rovers FC. No schedule cited yet, will post it here once it is available.

Somebody from the Cambodian side livestreamed the video, here is the First Half:
    Last edited by rhk111; 05-28-2016, 03:02 PM. Reason: Added the Second Half video.

Comment

And here is the Second Half:

Comment

The Goal Scorers and Story of the Global FC-Nagaworld FC match ...
        SG CUP: Global rips Nagaworld, sets up clash with Tampines

Comment

Goal highlights of the Global FC - Nagaworld FC game yesterday ...

Comment

What I thought would be an easy game for Ceres ended up tied 1-1 in Regulation Time and had to go into Extra Time. Credit the mostly U23 Malaysian National Team for giving one of our top Professional teams a great fight, and shows how far ahead their Football program is compared to ours, at least a Youth Level.

Here are the Goal Highlights of the game ...

Comment

MARK HARTMANN signed a contract with GEYLANG FC which plays in the "S-League", the top league in Singapore. He is the first Filipino to be signed by a club in the S-League. The specifics of the contract (i.e. duration, amount, etc.) was not revealed.

Mark is known for his long-range accuracy, he is deadly from Set Pieces and from beyond the Penalty Area, and pretty wicked with his crosses also. Think of him as like the "Jeff Chan" of the Philippines' United Football League (UFL).

SOURCE: Azkals midfielder Mark Hartmann transfers to S-League

Comment

UFL Teams resume competitions in the Singapore Cup:

* June 29, 2016 (Wednesday; 8:00 PM) Global FC versus Singapore's Tampines Rovers FC at the Jurong West Stadium.

* June 30, 2016 (Thursday; 8:00 PM) Ceres-La Salle FC versus Brunei's DPMM FC at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

* July 2, 2016 (Saturday; 8:00 PM) Global FC versus Singapore's Tampines Rovers FC at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

* July 3, 2016 (Sunday; 8:00 PM) Ceres-La Salle FC versus Brunei's DPMM FC at the Jalan Besar Stadium.

SOURCE: Global, Ceres hope to enter Singapore Cup semi-finals

Comment

Global FC lost to the Tampines Rovers FC 3-1, but I think they gave a good performance out there, managing to score a goal and seriously threatening the goal a couple of times.

But credit Tampines for their superb passing skills, though. They seem to be just a tad more accurate with those passes, enabling them to make more complicated combination plays ...

Comment

Hartmann Makes Geylang Debut in Singapore Cup, Wants Sahil Link

Azkals' striker Mark Hartmann made his debut in the 2-0 loss to Albirex Niigata (S) on Tuesday.
                    Having made his debut for Geylang International in the Singapore Cup this week, Philippines national team striker Mark Hartmann is hungry for more game time alongside Sahil Suhaimi.

The attacking duo were brought on in the 62nd minute in quarterfinal first leg against Albirex Niigata (S) on Tuesday as the visitors went in search of goals having gone 2-0 behind at Jurong East Stadium.

Along with the introduction of Lions winger Gabriel Quak, they wasted little time in piecing the attacking jigsaw together.

Hatmann became the first Filipino to sign for a Singapore club earlier this month. He felt his debut went well, after being sidelined with an anterior cruciate ligament injury since December 2015.

"This first experience was great. It just felt good to be back on the pitch after the longest time away from it," the former Global FC striker told ESPN FC.

"I still have a bit to go before I'm back to how I was before, but everything has been going smoothly since I joined Geylang.

"That sharpness will come back with a couple more games and I'm pushing to see more game time and hopefully, the second leg will be another chance to score my first goal in Singapore."

The second leg will be held at Jalan Besar Stadium on Friday. Hasrin Jailani's Eagles will look to overturn a 2-0 deficit against the in-form White Swans who made it 11 wins in 12 matches.

(Article intentionally cut, to read more go to: Hartmann makes Geylang debut in Singapore Cup, wants Sahil link)

Comment

Fantastic win by Ceres FC over Brunei's DPPM FC!!! DPPM FC plays in the S-League despite being owned by Brunei, and is one of the top teams there.

Barring any major goal haul by DPPM in their next leg in a couple of days, this almost assures Ceres of progressing into the Singapore Cup Semi-Finals.

Here are the goal highlights of the match showing Cere truly playing World-Class Football ...

Comment

Global FC lost again to the Tampines Rovers FC, 1-2 resulting in an aggregate 2-5 score over two games, crashing out of the Semi-Finals.

If it's any consolation, Global FC did at least score in each of the two games. Tampines Rovers FC moves on to the Semis to meet the winner of the Ceres FC - DPPM FC series. Here are the Goal Highlights of the second Global FC - Tampines Rovers FC game ...

Comment

Ceres FC lost 2-3 to DPPM FC but still advanced to the Semi-Finals due to their aggregate score of 5-3 over two games over DPPM FC.

Ceres is now the only Philippine team left in the Singapore Cup in title contention, they will now face the formidable Tampines Rovers FC at an unspecified date.

The DPPM FC Coach gave a lot of credit to Ceres FC Goalkeeper MICHAEL CASAS, and he deserves it as he had made a lot of "flying saves" in the last two games against DPPM FC ...

Last edited by rhk111; 07-04-2016, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Two UFL teams will be playing against the "Perth Glory FC (PGFC)" during their trip in the Philippines this month.

Global FC will get first crack at the PGFC July 20, 2016 (Wednesday) and then a UFL All-Star team will follow on July 23, 2016 (Saturday). Both games will be held at the Rizal Memorial Stadium.

PGFC plays in the main Australian Football league, the "A-League" so they will be a pretty tough nut to crack ...

SOURCE: Philippines to host Perth Glory later this month

Comment

The Azkal's DAISUKE SATO has now transferred to CS Municipal Studentesc Iași FC which plays in the main Romanian Football League, Liga 1.

I just hope that he will still be available for the Azkal's games as he is one of the CRITICAL players I feel for that team. He has Speed and Durability because of his youth, and pretty accurate with his Crosses, even scoring off some long range volleys a couple of times both in the UFL ...

TRANSFER NEWS: We are proud to announce that Global FC and CS Municipal Studențesc Iași of Romania have reached an agreement for the transfer of Daisuke Sato.

Sato emerged to become an integral part of Global FC's 2014 United Football League and 2016 UFL Cup winning squads. He has raised the standard of his game in recent years and we believe that he is ready to take on the challenge of competing in Europe to help his new club grab a UEFA Europa League spot.

(Article cut, to read more go to https://www.facebook.com/globalfootb...634307/?type=3)

13603715_1177401345634307_4689154596861694512_o.jpg

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information