Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Argentina and Mexico have made offers to host the games. Mexico's offer is by far the better according to endi.com. if they get selected to host the games, Cuba would lost their spot for the ToA.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by -K2-
      Argentina and Mexico have made offers to host the games. Mexico's offer is by far the better according to endi.com. if they get selected to host the games, Cuba would lost their spot for the ToA.
      This must be a joke isn't it

U gotta be kidding me!!!!!!! they'll give a team that didn't qualify and didn't deserve to like mexico a spot over cuba a team that not only is already qualified but that showed toughness in the Centrobasket...... That's a freakin' Shame !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis
        This must be a joke isn't it

U gotta be kidding me!!!!!!! they'll give a team that didn't qualify and didn't deserve to like mexico a spot over cuba a team that not only is already qualified but that showed toughness in the Centrobasket...... That's a freakin' Shame !!!!!!!!!!
        I concur; I was surprised to hear that as well. I think that it is a mistake by the newspaper, they are often wrong in sports, especially that reporter. I think that what was discussed originally was that USA would get the BYE, however, I think this is unfair for the USA because this would then be one less opportunity to accumulate points for the FIBA ranking by not participating in this tournament. They need the points as they have been displaced from the number one spot by Argentina.

Comment

Do you really think USA Basketball gives a dime about the FIBA rankings ? I heavily doubt that...
          They would send a college-team anyway, so there would be no gold for the US in here.Any news out of the PR ? I mean wasn't the assembly two days ago ?

I from Wisconsin!
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ca6O8FR0rbQ

TO SYNTHESIZER WE ARE A BIG TEAM

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado
            Any news out of the PR ? I mean wasn't the assembly two days ago ?
            In a place where everybody thinks alike, nobody thinks much.

Comment

FIBA Americas press release:

The Executive Committee from FIBA Americas accepted Mexico as candidate to organize the FIBA Americas Championship 2009, pending the report from FIBA Americas Special Commission from that will be completed in 15 days.

Comment

Originally posted by alermac
                FIBA Americas press release:

The Executive Committee from FIBA Americas accepted Mexico as candidate to organize the FIBA Americas Championship 2009, pending the report from FIBA Americas Special Commission from that will be completed in 15 days.
                What a shame!
                Originally Posted by -K2- View Post
                16 free throws in the last 4 minutes...
                Puerto Rico had 20 the whole game

Seriosuly... someone quote this whole post and signature me... Greek Loby Rulz
                8/29/2010...THE DAY WE GOT ROBBED!

Comment

Hey...since nobody wants to do it,somebody gots to do it,right ? At least someone on the continent shows real interest to host the torneo, shame on the other countries who gave a damn...

Now lets enjoy another torneo at the beach if Cancun gets it.
                  I hope to be there too if I can get vacations...

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

Originally posted by Mojado
                    Hey...since nobody wants to do it,somebody gots to do it,right ? At least someone on the continent shows real interest to host the torneo, shame on the other countries who gave a damn...

Now lets enjoy another torneo at the beach if Cancun gets it.
                    I hope to be there too if I can get vacations...
                    Ok, thats true bro, is better like this.

Comment

Mexico !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! What ????????????

that's Just another FIBA AMERICAS' JOkes
                      so is it true that cuba is not going to participate cuz mex was included ??? IF SO, that'd be very disgusting and unfair. I'd feel sorry for Cuba cuz their been trying to put it together for such as long time....well...........what a shame cuban-americas are not allowed to compete.

Well, At least we got a country which is actually gonna try to play hard, in the states we don't even care about this (or actually any international) tounament.

cancun won't host it thou, cuz I've heard its arena sucked so much in the centroBall, that even some countries were complaining 'bout the awful condition in which this one was.

I wonder when mexico is gon' build a real place to pla proBall

Ain't the sport growing there???? according to what i've seen it actually is. Mexican-americans (at least the1 i know) play it more than soccer, som even like futball (believe it R not!! )
                      Last edited by Lewis; 09-27-2008, 02:48 AM.

Comment

they already build it, just that it was not ready for centrobasket.
                        sigpic

Comment

that's Just another FIBA AMERICAS' JOkes
                          so is it true that cuba is not going to participate cuz mex was included ??? IF SO, that'd be very disgusting and unfair. I'd feel sorry for Cuba cuz their been trying to put it together for such as long time....well...........what a shame cuban-americas are not allowed to compete.

Well, At least we got a country which is actually gonna try to play hard, in the states we don't even care about this (or actually any international) tounament.

cancun won't host it thou, cuz I've heard its arena sucked so much in the centroBall, that even some countries were complaining 'bout the awful condition in which this one was.

Ain't the sport groing there???? according to what i've seen it actually is. Mexican-americans (at least the1 that i know) play it more than soccer, som even like futball (believe it R not!! )
                          CUBA will play bro!

Comment

@Lewis: Like the guys from PR mentioned before, Cancun is going to have a big arena ready next year and Mexico City has also a huge arena (Palacio..) where they hosted a CBA back in the days and some pre-season games of the NBA, so it cant be that bad.
                            I hope Cuba is going to participate as they qualified regularly and so they cant kick them out like that.
                            Which Cuban-American would be even good enough to join the national-team if he could ? There are no players in college let alone the pro ranks.Believe me, the current national-team is probably one of the strongest Cuba can field (The guys that fled the country years ago are too old these days.You may remember Herrera,Guibert,Matienzo and Borrell...).

But what was even more interesting then who is going to do the hosting is this consubasquet stuff. Are the results out of all these events still valid as they (FIBA) annuled the recent U-15 champs in South America.

I from Wisconsin!

Comment

USA asked to be excused from the ToA, FIBA Americas ok'ed it, so Cuba will play on the tournament which most probably will be played in Mexico, since Argentina retired their offer.
                              sigpic

Comment

Mojado, Karel Rosario is a cuban american that graduated of Florida International University when Carlos Arroyo study at this university. Karel is a strong 6-9 foward, with good rebounding skills. Have experience playing in Israel and last year played in Puerto Rico with the champions Capitanes de Arecibo. Other players with cuban blood are the Lopez twins that came out of Stanford. Now, they might not want to play with the cuban national team because of political issues now, that the big majority of cubans exile are against the communists.

Anyway, they should not let Cuba out of the TOA because they earned their participation qualifiying in Centrobasket.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information