• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murilo Becker

How is good is this player?

he signed in maccabi for 3 years

tnx

good enough for a 3 yr contract.
    "A nationality that easily feels wronged is an insecure one, and one that will be difficult to progress."-Anonymous

Comment

Originally posted by cheezdoodle
      Biggest joke in all of Europe...Maccabi signing Murilo Becker. Player was offered for 2 years in a row all over the contintent for 100k. No one wanted him because he's too heavy and not athletic. Above-average player in one of the worst basketball leagues in the world. Becker was close to signing for 40k in Belgium last year...but now he's good enough for Maccabi? These guys have NO clue what they are doing. NONE.

Comment

Well I think Murilo Becker is a good player. He is tall (2,10), he has good post moves, he is a good offensive rebounder and he can shoot from the three point line. He is not very athletic, but he hustle and plays hard. Just like most of brazilians players, he didn't have a chance in europe because he can't be hired as a comunitary(?) player. He will probably play for the brazilian team in the Tournament of Americas and he was one of the best players of the brazilian team on the Pan-American games. He is in my opinion a better player than J.P Baptista(Lietuvos Rytas) and he can play in europe. Of course I did not think that a top team like Maccabi would sign him, I thought he would sign with a smaller team in spain, italy or another league. A lot of players in the brazilian league have conditions to play in europe, a player like the brazilian national team starting point-guard Valtinho Apolinario could be help a lot of teams in europe.

Comment

Originally posted by asdzas
          Well I think Murilo Becker is a good player. He is tall (2,10), he has good post moves, he is a good offensive rebounder and he can shoot from the three point line. He is not very athletic, but he hustle and plays hard. Just like most of brazilians players, he didn't have a chance in europe because he can't be hired as a comunitary(?) player. He will probably play for the brazilian team in the Tournament of Americas and he was one of the best players of the brazilian team on the Pan-American games. He is in my opinion a better player than J.P Baptista(Lietuvos Rytas) and he can play in europe. Of course I did not think that a top team like Maccabi would sign him, I thought he would sign with a smaller team in spain, italy or another league. A lot of players in the brazilian league have conditions to play in europe, a player like the brazilian national team starting point-guard Valtinho Apolinario could be help a lot of teams in europe.
          Can he play in the high levels of Euroleauge?
          Does he have an upside, like other brazilian talent(Tiago Splliter)?

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow69
            It is hard to call him a talent with 23 or 24 years of age.

Comment

Originally posted by Buducnost PG
              It is hard to call him a talent with 23 or 24 years of age.
              Yeah, I know, but a player can still develop himself after this age. Look at Luis Scola(not that i am comparing between them...) at the age of 24 and at the age of 27.

Comment

Originally posted by Yellow69
                If you wan't my opinion I don't think he is ready to play in the high levels of euroleague. He can be a good option from the bench, to give you some energy and scoring. He and splitter are not the same kind of player. Splitter is younger, better defender, taller, and he will have a much better future in his career. Murilo plays a different game, he plays more in the perimeter, he is a good offensive rebounder, but he doesn't have the same upside than splitter. Like I said, It was a surprise that a team like Maccabi signed Murilo Becker. He improved "a lot", and I was expecting him to sign with some "not euroleague team". In think Maccabi should loan him to some other team, and see what he can do. You can expect a player with a good talent (don't expect him to became a star in europe) that will never give up, will play hard every game. Maybe he is not ready now to play in Euroleague, or maybe he will surprise everybody, I don't think Macaabi would sign someone that they don't think could help them. Let's wait and see what he can do.

Comment

Maccabi is acutually planing to loan him to another team in europe, and look what he will do.

Comment

Working...
                  X

Debug Information