Who's the best Argentinian ever?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's the best Argentinian ever?

Oberto's retirement just made me think about who can be considered the best Argentinian ever. Let's start voting and discussing.
    If you think others deserve to be in the poll, just state so and I'll include them. Also if you think any already in the poll shouldn't be there, let me know.
    Héctor Campana
    0%
    Manu Ginóbili
    0%
    Leo Gutiérrez
    0%
    Marcelo Milanesio
    0%
    Andrés Nocioni
    0%
    Hugo Sconochini
    0%
    Luis Scola
    0%
    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
    Artificial Nature

Manu Ginobili
    Turkish National Team in 2016

PG : Kenan Sipahi - Dogus Balbay - Kartal Özmızrak
    SG : Melih Mahmutoğlu - Furkan Korkmaz - Cedi Osman
    SF : Metecan Birsen - Okben Ulubay
    PF : Ersan Ilyasova - Ilkan Karaman - Furkan Aldemir
    C : Omer Asik - Enes Kanter - Emircan Kosut

Comment

Definitely Manu.

Manu has achieved so much in the best league in the world, in Europe and as a member of Argentina's national team.

However, credit still has to go with Fabricio Oberto and Luis Scola.

Both lads had achieved a lot as well in their time in Europe, the NBA and for their national team but what Manu has done definitely out weighs Oberto's and Scola's achievements.

I'd like to put forward another question to everyone, Will there be more Argentineans once the "Golden Generation of Argentinean Basketball" retire?

Two years ago we used to have five Argentineans playing in the NBA and eight years ago, the Argentinean national team was by far considered in par with Team USA or what Spain's basketball is today.

Hopefully, a new strong wave of talent from South America's basketball hotbed comes through.

But in summary, definitely Manu.
      "No hay poder en el mundo que pueda cambiar el destino"
      -El Padrino

Comment

Voted for Emmanuel Ginobili
        Sacramento Kings
        HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

8 votes for Batmanu and 0 for others ;]

Comment

No disrespect to Fabricio and Luis, but they can't do this:
            aim low, score high

Comment

I reluctantly voted for Manu over Scola. Right now, I think Scola is the better player. But historically speaking, Manu has so many more accomplishments.

When he won the NBA Championship in 2005 (his second of three) a reporter asked him "which is more important for you, winning the NBA Championship or winning the Gold Medal in the Olympics last year?" Manu's response was perfect: "The NBA Championship is big. It's big. But the Gold...it was for more country."
              "I really like the attitudes of eagles. They never give up. When they grab a fish or something else, they never let it go. It doesn't matter. In a book, they write they find a skeleton of [an] eagle and there is no fish. It means that the fish beat him and killed him, but he didn't let go." -- Donatas Motiejunas

Comment

I say Manu. He has been successful at every level of basketball.

Comment

1 - Manu
                  2 - Scola

Comment

I think the "fight" between Manu and Scola is actually MUCH closer than what the current result of the pool show.

Comment

Working...
                    X

Debug Information