Anadolu Efes 2017-18

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CoachZ View Post
    Time to enlist Suacan Piskin and turn around this season. Jazz can talk Seibutis into leaving Neptunas and things already look more promising.
    he already has Batuk, so the team is ripe for a revolution.

on a serious note, this has become official; 1.5 years contract. Quite a bad move I think, meaning the next year is also screwed. He's not a coach you could say yeah he has time to build his team now. He'll sign 8 players in offseason and then fire half of them in November.
    5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Levenspiel View Post

on a serious note, this has become official; 1.5 years contract. Quite a bad move I think, meaning the next year is also screwed. He's not a coach you could say yeah he has time to build his team now. He'll sign 8 players in offseason and then fire half of them in November.
      Is it me or does he always have problems with American players?
      Winner! Euroleague Prediction Game 15/16
      2nd Place! World Cup Prediction Game 2019
      Winner! 2020 Olympics Prediction Game

Comment

It will be ok for Efes until he brings Preldzic in the roster and I have some feeling he will do exactly that next season

Comment

If Efes released all their foreign players except Dunston and Brown and gave heavy minutes to the young players BUT signed Suacan Piskin and played him 25+ minutes per game, would you be happier with the team than you are right now?

Comment

• even if he signed for 1,5 years I am quite certain that next year Efes will have a new coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
              If Efes released all their foreign players except Dunston and Brown and gave heavy minutes to the young players BUT signed Suacan Piskin and played him 25+ minutes per game, would you be happier with the team than you are right now?
              Make it Piskin playing 15mpg, and I'll take it. Adams is just a bit better version any way

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
              even if he signed for 1,5 years I am quite certain that next year Efes will have a new coach.
              Possible. Next to EL, now we've started to get blown out in Turkish league too (-26 and -22, respectively). Maybe he won't survive the next year, but I'm sure he guaranteed his salary. it's Ozilhan's money anyway, I am not really worried about that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jazz View Post
                Piskin being a PER36 monster in any league, including NBA, would be a total demolition of BSL and EL

Comment

• I heard Ataman said he would "take measures" because players can't play in Efes as they do, after Banvit game. What kind of measures? Will he take some players out of the rotation and who are they?

Comment

• Originally posted by woobo View Post
                    I heard Ataman said he would "take measures" because players can't play in Efes as they do, after Banvit game. What kind of measures? Will he take some players out of the rotation and who are they?
                    only speculating here but Ledo is probably gonna be released.

Comment

• found a great photo on basketdergisi.com

Sarica, Mahmuti, Ataman, Ors...

for those who disregard Efes as "a company club".

Comment

• I don't care if it was against CSKA, 110-79 isn't good enough for a club like Efes. I don't blame Ataman, I blame whoever put the wrecking ball through last year's impressive team. To think we've gone from knocking on the door of the Final Four to this. Shameful.

Comment

• Efes needs to be realistic. The moment Fenerbahce invested in basketball and joined with Ulker and then Dogus in Turkey, their mission is completed. If you're asking what was the mission? It was for developing the basketball in Turkey and doing so making their own commercial. They were successful until 2010s. But if they are happy to be an average Euroleague team, sometimes plays in top 8 and sometimes not. Never really threatens the big guys, and just doing their company commercial, then yeah I see no problem with that. It's Ozilhan's club after all he can do whatever he likes.

But sometimes I see Efes fans are complaining about not playing in F4 or not threatening the big guys, this is not realistic guys. You can't do that without a proper fan support like Fenerbahce has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Erkan12 View Post
                            Efes needs to be realistic. The moment Fenerbahce invested in basketball and joined with Ulker and then Dogus in Turkey, their mission is completed. If you're asking what was the mission? It was for developing the basketball in Turkey and doing so making their own commercial. They were successful until 2010s. But if they are happy to be an average Euroleague team, sometimes plays in top 8 and sometimes not. Never really threatens the big guys, and just doing their company commercial, then yeah I see no problem with that. It's Ozilhan's club after all he can do whatever he likes.

But sometimes I see Efes fans are complaining about not playing in F4 or not threatening the big guys, this is not realistic guys. You can't do that without a proper fan support like Fenerbahce has.
                            Who cares... I don't even watch Efes game anymore except when they play against Fener. I liked that club very much until they becomed walking advertisement for beer. Even if they win EL some day in 50 years from now this club will not even exist just like similar marketing clubs from Italy.

Comment

found a great photo on basketdergisi.com

Sarica, Mahmuti, Ataman, Ors...

for those who disregard Efes as "a company club".
                              Efes is company club and the reason of their foundation is clear. The player or coaches are raised at Efes dont change the fact. It is all about advertising beer company.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cemalex View Post
                                Efes is company club and the reason of their foundation is clear. The player or coaches are raised at Efes dont change the fact. It is all about advertising beer company.
                                Funny, were it not for another company club who by your reasoning were all about advertising biscuits and chocolates, Fenerbahce would never have obtained a Euroleague spot in the first place.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information