Final: Spain vs Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not many words..

Just congratulations to the more than worthy European Champions, the best European team of this decade

Congratulations to the Serbs as well, no matter how weak they were today. They are the new power of international basketball, in their dawn
    Sexuality when one reaches their 30s is either mainstream or sick, but no matter what, it isn't pure

Comment

• Originally posted by wardjdim View Post
      Not many words..

Just congratulations to the more than worthy European Champions, the best European team of this decade

Congratulations to the Serbs as well, no matter how weak they were today. They are the new power of international basketball, in their dawn
      I couldn't agree more with your last point. This is the start of something special for Serbia. Just imagine this same core with two years more experience PLUS if Macvan matures like we all think he will. It could be scary. My article below touches on how Serbia sent a message over the past couple weeks. I really enjoyed all of the positive chatter during Eurobasket. Thanks everybody.

Eurobasket 2009: Serbian Silver Smells Like Gold
      Euroleague Adventures

The Dotted Line Up: Ranking all the Euroleague Free Agents

Subscribe to the podcast for free on iTunes and follow ELA on Twitter: Euro_Adventures

Comment

• Originally posted by MAJSTOREX View Post
        stop looking for excuses and congratulate to Spain for humiliating defeat they have dealt you.
        well done Spain once again congrats best performance by one team on this EC
        The loss against u/22 Serbian side still hurt? ouch
        SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
        sigpic

Comment

• Congratulations to Spanish players and all Spaniards. This Spanish team showed us all how great it really is. They are the diamonds of European basketball and one of the best generations of all times. They started weekly in this tournament, but as it progressed, they were growing stronger and stronger. At the end they were 100% prepared, mentally more than physically, and destroyed my beloved Serbia in the final game. I congratulate them from the bottom of my heart. As for Serbian NT, I'm really proud of them.This was an extraordinary experience for those youngsters. The future definitely belongs to them.

Comment

• Spain are by far the best team in Europe and certainly not far off the Americans.
            Great team, great players and fun to watch.
            Well done to them.

1 Question- how do they produce so many good players at the moment?
            The quality of coaching and development of players? what

Comment

• Spain is the best team ,how can the same players fail continuously in Euroleage its a mystery...

Comment

• Congradulation to Spain. Although I liked more the Serbian team, before the games my thought was that Pau Gaslol would desirve finally to get a tropy and also Spain desirve it for bringing up such generation.

Now I canot wait that the Serbians will grow up and even have more young players (I loved Dean Musli in the U18 all-star. A center built very well with very high BB-IQ. Passed very well. And there was another Serbian that I liked - number 8 in the "blue team")

The thing is that dispite I like Rudy and I like Ricky very much and they played very well I felt disapointment from them and from the Spanish team, and I know it may sound wierd.
                The Serbia team was little bit tired and also mentally reminded me the situatin of the young Skipper which was crushed by Maccabi TA in the 2004 final of the Euroleage.
                And thought I liked this Serbian kidds I would enjoy more if Spain would make something more grandiosic and sufisticated, becasue they have so much althetisem, so much basketball-IQ, so much energy while they had very young and shoked and tired rival. The second half was totally boring.
                Everything looked like Spain can do anything they want and win and just the natural talant (I include in this the court vision of the players) spoke, not something special that was prepeared for this group.
                Like what? Like 3 years ago the famouse Sergio Rodriguez-to-Rudy halley-oops (it started before Portland, when they were 18 and 19 ) , like things like Maccabi did against Skipper. Maybe it is to much to expect, but I don't thing so.
                My Youtube channel

Comment

• Originally posted by mayteromanl View Post
                  Out of topic:

When the tournament started I told to my 2 cats (Irina and Sabonis) that in every single game Spain had a victory, I'd give them a special and delicious meal.... and Im very glad the tournament is already finished, cause the female cat has lost her waist
                  for GOD SHAKE stop talking to CATS
                  1st in IBN 2018-2019
                  2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                  2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                  1st in IBN 2014-2015
                  2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                  2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                  2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                  3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                  1st in IBN 2008-2009
                  2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                  https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                  @RankingsSport

Comment

• I couldn't write yesteday, I was just celebrating.

Congrats to the Serbia National Team for such a great tournament, with young players and all the heart they showed. It is been a joy watching you through all the tournament.

As Spanish, i wish we could enjoy endlessly this team, but unfortunately our players don't have that many years left, so the dream is close to an end.

Pau Gasol should be remembered as one of the best european players all times and I will be kind of sad when he will not be there. This team would never have been the same without him.

Also congrats to Greece and all Greek fans here, I love how your team played with a team that wasn't as talented as many others in the tournament. Also to Slovenia, watching your team was really a joy, and I wanted to play against you in the finals, I a m sure that if you wouldn't have that injuries it would have been the case (with all respect to Serbia).

See you next year in worlds, I really cannot feel identified with any Spanish team, with that many foreign stars, in Euroleague. Let see if this year Real madrid give us some good moments and can be a treat to the greek, russian and israeli powerhouses at euroleague.

Comment

• I heard some complains from Serbs which were present in the final that the greek fans in the hall were cheering for Spain instead for Serbia!

Is this true?
                      You live with the Freak you die with the Freak!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by HIGHLANDER View Post
                        Spain are by far the best team in Europe and certainly not far off the Americans.
                        Great team, great players and fun to watch.
                        Well done to them.

1 Question- how do they produce so many good players at the moment?
                        The quality of coaching and development of players? what
                        The Spanish League is one of the best in Europe and they have alot of money for development but this generation of mplayers are their finest in history and it will be hard for them to find another batch like this maby in 10 years time they will be a dominant force but they have to be prepared for a few years in the wilderness when an end of an era comes.
                        SERBIA THE LAND OF BASKETBALL
                        sigpic

Comment

• What do u think bout this

This Spanish team against Divac
                          ,Stojakovic,Savic,Rebraca,Djordjevic,Danilovic,Bod iroga,Jaric,Vujanic,Beric,Koturovic ?

Who would have won ?
                          Originally posted by Stardusted
                          It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

• Originally posted by mark123 View Post
                            This Spanish team against Divac
                            ,Stojakovic,Savic,Rebraca,Djordjevic,Danilovic,Bod iroga,Jaric,Vujanic,Beric,Koturovic ?

Who would have won ?
                            Spain.
                            They are too old now

Comment

• I know they r too old now.But when they were in their prime.Would Spain have won maybe.With Pau,Rudi,Navarro and the rest of the gang ?
                              Originally posted by Stardusted
                              It was not a ref mistake, it was a ref decision.

Comment

• by the way.........
                                THERE IS NO GREEK LOBBY!!!!!!!!!!!
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information