Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 U16 International Tournament in Sakarya (Turkey)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tallwestman View Post
    France has a tall center, good job.

PS: Serbia defeated by China? ?? What is wrong with Serbia?
    Serbia is missing some key prospects, afaik, and China is fielding its U17 team (all 2001-born players).

Comment

Undefeated France deservedly won the tournament beating a competitive Lithuanian team in the final.
      China U17 finished 3rd preceeding Argentina (that was missing its best scorer Federico Copes), avenging Day1 loss to the South American team.

Chinese players topped the main stats: points, rebounds and assists per game

Comment

I watched some games and i really liked the final between France and Lithuania that were clearly two best teams here. France is much more athletic and physically stronger and had a confident win in a group game and had a big lead in the beginning of the final game (29-13 in the 1st quarter). But then Lithuanian team played really disiciplined and well and had a 5 pts lead in the 4th quarter. It means that smth like a 25 min run in the game was won by 21 pts that is an impressive one having in mind that the opponent was so physically more matured and could play decent basketball as well. In the last 3 min Lithuanian players didn't play well and France managed to win once again, but this time it wasn't easy for them.

I don't know if any France players were born in Africa, but whatever.

Comment

Originally posted by carlo View Post
          Serbia is missing some key prospects, afaik, and China is fielding its U17 team (all 2001-born players).
          Half of Mega Bemax roster
          UZEO SI TROFEJ MACVANE MACVANE MACVANE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dreamcatcher View Post

Believe it or not, but not every black player is born in Africa. Just like not every white player is born in the country that he plays for either.

The casual racism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.

Comment

Spain is slowly becoming African national team at the youth competitions which is just sad to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                Spain is slowly becoming African national team at the youth competitions which is just sad to me.

Gosh yet another racist. Is this forum full of them?

Comment

Serbian Federation should go after Marko Markovic from Leotar , he's born in 2003 but I think he's ready to compete at the championship this year , the kid have incredible size, already seven footer , huge hands, solid mobility.
                  Last edited by Srle; 02-14-2018, 10:08 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Audiris View Post
                    Gosh yet another racist. Is this forum full of them?
                    I am not the racist, its just sad that Spain have to recruit African kids so they can dominate youth tournaments, most of them are probably older than the rest of the competition, fake birth certificates I suppose.
                    Last edited by Srle; 02-14-2018, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Believe it or not, but not every black player is born in Africa. Just like not every white player is born in the country that he plays for either.

The casual racism on this forum never ceases to amaze me.
                      If i would think that every black player was born in Africa would i need to ask that question? As the comment above claimes it's about possible fake birth certifications. It has nothing to do with a racism.

Because of people like you, because of so many stupid people thousands of "witches" were executed in medievals and tons of people who are not racists are claimed to be so by those like you nowadays. It became a shameful massive social thing that has to do with people like you much more than with a racism because there isn't a racism in many cases. This one is one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Srle View Post
                        I am not the racist, its just sad that Spain have to recruit African kids so they can dominate youth tournaments, most of them are probably older than the rest of the competition, fake birth certificates I suppose.
                        Do you have any proof of this? Cause if you don’t then it is just sour grapes. Tinged with racism. I don’t hear you bitch about Spain trying to recruit Eastern European kids. Nikola Mirotic anyone? And they sure tried it with Doncic too.

If a player plays for the Spanish national team, that means he has the Spanish nationality. If he has the Spanish nationality, then he was born there most likely, but at the very least grew up there, speaks the language and learned basketball there. He has every right to play for Spain. Migriation is a fact of life. Half of the German football world cup winning team from 2014 has an immigrant backgrpund. Everyone was an immigant at some point. And had to fight with against racist and xenophobis prejudices like the ones here on this forum.

Take Usman Garuba for instance. The kid was born in Spain. You cannot fake a birthdate in Span. Yet I recall people here question his age.

Now on the other hand, if you want to argue against handing out Passports to Americans to play for your National team (hello Slovenia and Anthony Randolph), then you have a point. Even Serge Ibaka, who got a Spanish pass after living for a year in a half there, is not fair in my book. But attacking kids that have ever right to play for Spain, and harping on about the fact that they are black with fake birth certificates, is just racist. Sorry.

Comment

If i would think that every black player was born in Africa would i need to ask that question? As the comment above claimes it's about possible fake birth certifications. It has nothing to do with a racism.
                          It has nothing to do with racism? Then why do you throw in this quote when talking about the tournament:

Randomly casting suspicion WITHOUT any actual proof that is a racist tactic. You might be surprised to learn that black people are actually born in France, just like white people.

Because of people like you, because of so many stupid people thousands of "witches" were executed in medievals and tons of people who are not racists are claimed to be so by those like you nowadays. It became a shameful massive social thing that has to do with people like you much more than with a racism because there isn't a racism in many cases. This one is one of them.
                          Because of people like me, racists like you are being called out for what they are.

Comment

Without any actual proof? It's actually you who call me a racist without any actual proof. In all those French youth national teams black kids mostly are born in France, but some of them may be not and that's what i reffer to. They can easy be older than they are and not fairly look stronger in those tournaments. That's why i don't like black kids who born in Africa in Euro competitions. Not because they are black.
                            Last edited by Dreamcatcher; 02-15-2018, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Without any actual proof? It's actually you who call me a racist without any actual proof. In all those French youth national teams black kids mostly are born in France, but some of them may be not and that's what i reffer to. They can easy be older than they are and not fairly look stronger in those tournaments. That's why i don't like black kids who born in Africa in Euro competitions. Not because they are black.
                              So who are these players that you refer to? Since according to you that is such serious problem you should have no problem giving their names.

Comment

So who are these players that you refer to? Since according to you that is such serious problem you should have no problem giving their names.

There aren't many such examples, because it's very hard to prove. But it's actually not about criminality. Because of the mess in Africa many people don't even know how exactly old they are.

Deceased 7ft6 basketball player Manute Bol may have lied about his age when coming to the U.S. in the 1980s, and could have played in the NBA in his 40s or even his 50s.

"I gave him his birthday because they didn't know how old he was". And this case is typical for many former and current players who came from Africa.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information