Player naturalisations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by INTEGRAL View Post
    If I was born in New York, can I be American?

Cedi Osman's father is Turkish. How can you call him naturalized?
    In that case, how can Lukovski be Serbian, even born in Skopje.

Even Osman father is Born in Macedonia. I am a man who care littel about orgin. If you ask me whole Osman family are Macedonians. Dzaner even playd for us.

How can you not be Macedonina if you hold a MKD passport.

To me even Ataturk is part Macedonian since born in the Macedonian region.
    FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• Originally posted by Ashtrusis_dantis View Post
      What does it have to do with tolerance? What's a point to have national teams if you can buy players from other countries? In that case it's no longer national team, but simply a club and wins the ones who have more money, but not more talented players, better basketball system/school and so on.
      Calm down, I agree with you. Althought Wilson had to live almost 10 years in Finland and marry Finnish girl to get citizenship. And he does not get paid for playing in our NT. There for his case is diffenrent than McCaleb's etc.

But there's lot of people in Finland that thinks that everything that comes from abroad is making only good things to Finnish culture. Including American point guard who surprisingly seems to be most popular player among Finnish spectators.

Comment

• Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
        In that case, how can Lukovski be Serbian, even born in Skopje.

Even Osman father is Born in Macedonia. I am a man who care littel about orgin. If you ask me whole Osman family are Macedonians. Dzaner even playd for us.

How can you not be Macedonina if you hold a MKD passport.

To me even Ataturk is part Macedonian since born in the Macedonian region.
        Lolllllll
        IF YOU ARE NOT REAL CANARY, THEN FU

https://twitter.com/INTEGRAL1907

REPUBLIC of FENERBAHÇE 2017-18

Sloukas, B Dixon, Colom, R.Neto
        Wanamaker, Guduric, MeMa, Djedovic, Causeur
        Datome, Bertans, Nunnaly, Hanga, Lojeski, Ponitka, Ulanovas
        Melli, Kalinic, Shengelia, Bjelica, Teletovic
        Vesely, A.Düverioğlu, Marjanovic, Dubljevic, J Hamilton, Lauvergne, Jokic, Ante Zizic

Comment

• Basketnews posted a list of naturalized foreigners by team to which I've now added a couple:

Belgium - Matt Lojeski
          Bosnia and Hercegovina - Alex Renfroe
          Croatia - Dontaye Draper
          Czech Republic - Blake Schilb
          Finland - Jamar Wilson
          Georgia - Jacob Pullen
          Germany - Anton Gavel
          Israel - D'or Fischer
          Macedonia - Richard Hendrix
          Netherlands - Mohamed Kherrazi
          Poland - A.J. Slaughter
          Slovenia - Alen Omić
          Spain - Nikola Mirotić
          Turkey - Ali Muhammed(Bobby Dixon)
          Ukraine - Jerome Randle

Last edited by Hepcat; 08-31-2015, 11:21 PM.

Comment

• Did Dixon choose that name by him self haha. The boxer Ali. Is not sure yet if Henrix will play for us since he suffered an injury a few days ago during practise. Will be known in the days.
            FAMILY AERODROM

Comment

• Hepcat, you can add Alen Omić to that list
              Originally posted by Jon_Koncak
              That's funny shit.I cant believe there are sports fans thinking like it.It's like Federer losing to random Japanese player in round 1 of French Open but tournament director stepping in and saying "hey it was a fluke win who wants to watch a random Japanese guy in next round,Federer qualifies"

Comment

• Done!

Comment

• Originally posted by MZT Skopje View Post
                  Did Dixon choose that name by him self haha.
                  You'd think he would have picked a Turkish-sounding name if he wanted to masquerade as a Turk.

Comment

• Also Kherrazi from Netherlands. Dutch team even was penalized with 2 losses in qualifiers cause he and another naturalized player Cunningham were both in roster

P.S. Hepcat, it's Randle, not Randall

Comment

• Done again!

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirtyh View Post
                        Calm down, I agree with you. Althought Wilson had to live almost 10 years in Finland and marry Finnish girl to get citizenship. And he does not get paid for playing in our NT. There for his case is diffenrent than McCaleb's etc.

But there's lot of people in Finland that thinks that everything that comes from abroad is making only good things to Finnish culture. Including American point guard who surprisingly seems to be most popular player among Finnish spectators.
                        Where did you get the idea that I am not calm? No matter that he lives in Finland - he is product of american basketball system and shouldn't play for Finland (because of reasons i wrote earlier). If Lithuanian NT would naturalise someone i would stop supporting it for a time of that player carier in our NT. I have nothing against naturalised players personally (most of them are great persons), but these decisions are simply wrong. There are sports where i wouldnt be so strict (for example couples - dancing and so on.), but if talking about team sports or individuals it clear and simple.

Comment

No matter that he lives in Finland - he is product of american basketball system and shouldn't play for Finland (because of reasons i wrote earlier). If Lithuanian NT would naturalise someone i would stop supporting it for a time of that player carier in our NT. I have nothing against naturalised players personally (most of them are great persons), but these decisions are simply wrong. There are sports where i wouldnt be so strict (for example couples - dancing and so on.), but if talking about team sports or individuals it clear and simple.
                          I agree 100% but I don't want to stop supporting our team because of this but I also think this is not good thing. Basketball have just started to get little attention in media and our youth teams did great. So our future is looking even better.

What really surprised me was that Wilson seems to be really popular.

Comment

If someone came to your country when he was 5-6, lived here for decade or more, got citizenship, you can't even call it naturalisation
                            Actually I think that is exactly what you do call naturalization.

Comment

• Originally posted by Upi View Post
                              Actually I think that is exactly what you do call naturalization.
                              No I don't. I talk about giving pasport to some professional like in Holden or Bo McCalebb cases and so on.

Comment

• How can Finland play with two naturalized players ; Erik Murphy and Jamar Wilson ???!!! Both gain the Finnish citizinship after being 16 of course.
                                And Erik Murphy officially was their naturalized player at FIBA World Cup.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information