No announcement yet.

Croatian NT 2010

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I forgot Luka Zoric who should be among serious candidates for spot in the team as our most atheltic frontcourt player at the moment.
    My blog about european hoops http://insidehoops.blog.com

Comment

Croatia's future looks very bright with Ukič at PG, Zubcic at SF position, Delaš as PF (he's really good) and Tomič at the center. One of the most promising teams for sure.
      LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
      Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
      Buzelis, Lelevicius
      Murauskas, Sirvydis
      Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

Originally posted by Straight forward View Post
        Croatia's future looks very bright with Ukič at PG, Zubcic at SF position, Delaš as PF (he's really good) and Tomič at the center. One of the most promising teams for sure.
        Quite the contrary. Croatia has two and a half serious players at the moment and those numbers will not increase in one nor in three years.

Comment

Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
          Quite the contrary. Croatia has two and a half serious players at the moment and those numbers will not increase in one nor in three years.
          Future is not at the moment Even now they will have decent team at least.
          LTU NT will snatch Eurobasket 2029 title with this roster:

Jokubaitis, Marciulionis, Laurencikas
          Indrusaitis, Brazdeikis, Rubstavicius
          Buzelis, Lelevicius
          Murauskas, Sirvydis
          Tubelis, Krivas

Comment

For me its strange Croatia always had many great players,but i think there is a problem in mentaly strenght.I didnt see a clear leader for many years.That could take the ball in the hands in last minutes and take your team to win.All those planinic,tomas,vujcicic,banic ... are solid and euroleague level players,but they arent "killers".Its hard to believe that croatia lost so many close 1/4 games in last 15 years.After 1995 if i remember correctly your national team havent won a 1/4 game.Similiar to slovenia they always had very talented teams,but just could make 1/2 game.This summer was interesting when this 2 team met in 1/4 games,but even than slovenia wasnt manage to win a medal.Its same reason no mental strenght.
            Sometimes its better have less talent,but have personalities on the court,that wouldnt be afraid to take the ball in the most important moments.
            I see such starting line up:
            Vujcic
            Banic
            Tomas
            Ukic/popovic
            Planinic

I dont see Ukic in playmaker role,he is a scorer not a passer.Same with popovic.I think the best solution would be Planinic solid and smart player.But ofcourse for me its hard to know the real situation and how croatians are seeing all those players.I just written how i see.By the way your team is very interesting bunch of good guards and big mens but no middle Small forwards
            I think you could play with 4 small guys (planinic,Ukic,Popovic,Tomas ) and one big men lets say Banic.Very quick team and hard to handle for the oppnents.If popovic or ukic will have their days god help the oponents When we won eurobasket in 2003 we loved to play with 4 smaller guys some moments (Jasikevicius,Macijauskas,Siskauskas,Stombergas) and in middle big guy Zukauskas.
            Btw Delas is very interesting player,when zalgiris bought him,most of the lithuanian thought he would help zalgiris maybe next year.But he is helping already.As for 20 years youngster have good skills and not bad understanding.I think zalgiris won signing him for 4 year deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Wu-Tang View Post
              i know you would like that scenario
              Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by Shawshank View Post
                For me its strange Croatia always had many great players,but i think there is a problem in mentaly strenght.I didnt see a clear leader for many years.That could take the ball in the hands in last minutes and take your team to win.All those planinic,tomas,vujcicic,banic ... are solid and euroleague level players,but they arent "killers".Its hard to believe that croatia lost so many close 1/4 games in last 15 years.After 1995 if i remember correctly your national team havent won a 1/4 game.Similiar to slovenia they always had very talented teams,but just could make 1/2 game.This summer was interesting when this 2 team met in 1/4 games,but even than slovenia wasnt manage to win a medal.Its same reason no mental strenght.
                Sometimes its better have less talent,but have personalities on the court,that wouldnt be afraid to take the ball in the most important moments.
                I see such starting line up:
                Vujcic
                Banic
                Tomas
                Ukic/popovic
                Planinic

I dont see Ukic in playmaker role,he is a scorer not a passer.Same with popovic.I think the best solution would be Planinic solid and smart player.But ofcourse for me its hard to know the real situation and how croatians are seeing all those players.I just written how i see.By the way your team is very interesting bunch of good guards and big mens but no middle Small forwards
                I think you could play with 4 small guys (planinic,Ukic,Popovic,Tomas ) and one big men lets say Banic.Very quick team and hard to handle for the oppnents.If popovic or ukic will have their days god help the oponents When we won eurobasket in 2003 we loved to play with 4 smaller guys some moments (Jasikevicius,Macijauskas,Siskauskas,Stombergas) and in middle big guy Zukauskas.
                Btw Delas is very interesting player,when zalgiris bought him,most of the lithuanian thought he would help zalgiris maybe next year.But he is helping already.As for 20 years youngster have good skills and not bad understanding.I think zalgiris won signing him for 4 year deal.
                Yeah we were chokers but also from 96. Olympics we never had full rester till 05. eurobasket when two key players got injured in quaterfinals, and refs did the rest And we mostley missed best players like Kukoc, Komazec, Radja, Giricek, Vujcic....

at the moment bigest problems are lack of star leaders. For now the closest to this role are Ukic and Tomas who proved in their carers they can decide thight game, tough they are not stars. In year or two Tomic and Delas should join them...In year or two I see very decnet, skilled and smart starting five with Ukic, Tomas, Bogdanovic, Delas and Tomic with good depth on bench with likes Barac, Zubcic, Planinic, Popovic, Banic etc. Still for next level we gonna miss some superstar. Zubcic has tools but lacks of toughnes and IQ, Prostran won't for sure reach his junior star level in senior basketball whille and kid Ramljak is Ukic and Tomas level of prospect. Rest are average Banic level of talets. Maybe sons of Kukoc and Dukan who are playing in US are some better and I'm very curies to find out. It's hard just to relay on few clips and articles about them. At the moment seams that our futre to be on medal level lays on 16 year old Saric for who evrey day I'm more and more sure that he defenetley has superstar potential

Next is we don't have clear PG, SG and modren PF. PG are not clear playmakers, whille Bogdanovic and Tomas are somwere betwen SG and SF. rest are not worth to mentnion. At PF we have old fasion PF/C like Banic and Loncar, whille Tomic and Zoric can cover that position. For future Delas will probabley end up best but he is somwere betwen modern and old fasion PF. Radosevic has tons of defensive potential, but he is limited when he enters atacking side of court. Markota is taleted but also is lunitic while Zubcic looks like new Markota At least at C future looks bright with Tomic and barac and buch of decent prospects

Tough with great depth we have and good coach like Perasovic and better mental strenght in year, two or 3 we could fight for medals from time to time
                Last edited by pohani komarac; 02-05-2010, 09:45 PM.
                Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Josip Vrankovic gave wide list of 33 names that he is counting on

Zoran Planinić (PG/SG/SF 201 82. CSK)
                  Davor Kus (PG/SG 192 78. Benetton)
                  Marko Popović (PG/SG 184 82. Unics)
                  Marino Baždarić (SG 194 Cedevita)
                  Roko-Leni Ukić (PG 195 84. Fenerbahce)
                  Damir Rančić (SG 196 83. Zadar)
                  Rok Stipčević (PG 186 86. Zadar)
                  Jakov Vladović (PG 185 83. Lokomotiv Rostov)
                  Krunoslav Simon (SG 198 85. Zagreb)
                  Toni Prostran (PG 181 91. Zagreb)
                  Bojan Bogdanović (SG/SF 202 89. Cibona)
                  Marko Tomas (SG/SF 201 85. Cibona)
                  Marin Rozić (SF 203 83. Cibona)
                  Hrvoje Perić (SF 203 85. Zadar)
                  Damjan Rudež (SF/PF 206 86. Cedevita)
                  Mario Stojić (SF 197 80. Alicante)
                  Zoran Vrkić (SF 203 87. Split)
                  Matej Karlović (SF 201 89. Svijetlost Brod)
                  Damir Markota (PF 209 85. Bilbao)
                  Vedran Vukušić (PF 206 82. Cibona)
                  Mario Delaš (PF 207 90. Zalgiris)
                  Luka Žorić (PF/C 210 84. Zagreb)
                  Tomislav Zubčić (PF 211 90. Cibona)
                  Marko Banić (PF 204. 84. Bilbao)
                  Mario Kasun (C 213 80. Efes Pilsen)
                  Nikola Vujčić (C 211 78. Olympiacos)
                  Ante Tomić (PF/C 217 87. Real Madrid)
                  Krešimir Lončar (PF/C 210 83. Unics)
                  Goran Suton (PF/C 210 85. Spartak St. Petenburg)
                  Drago Pašalić (PF/C 210 84. Xacobeo)
                  Lukša Andrić (PF/C 212 85. Cibona)
                  Leon Radošević (PF/C 208 90. Cibona)
                  Stanko Barać (C 217 86. Caja Laboral)
                  Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Do you think Delaš, Zubčić and Suton could make the final team?
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by rikhardur View Post
                      Do you think Delaš, Zubčić and Suton could make the final team?
                      I think only Delaš has slight chances if he continiue his decent performance in Žalgiris. Suton??? He doesn't play to much, maybe trough B selectin. Zubčić is miles away from serius basketball
                      Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
                        I think only Delaš has slight chances if he continiue his decent performance in Žalgiris. Suton??? He doesn't play to much, maybe trough B selectin. Zubčić is miles away from serius basketball
                        Yeah Suton was definitely a major disappointment, at least for me. If Delaš keeps playing well until the end of the season I really think he should be given a chance.
                        Artificial Nature

Comment

I hope he will get a chance. A perfect situation for learnig expiriance. We defenetley need some impruvmant at PF wich he could become in few years
                          Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

CRO – Tomic on verge of stardom ahead of Turkey

MADRID (2010 FIBA World Championship) – There is plenty to be excited about for those who call themselves fans of Croatian basketball.

A new man is in charge of the national team, with Josep Vrankovic having been appointed coach following the resignation of Jasmin Repesa after EuroBasket 2009.

And the country is almost certain to have a new star in the low post in the shape of 7ft 2in Ante Tomic.

The 23-year-old has looked like the real deal ever since his move to Real Madrid from long-time club KK Zagreb three months ago.

There were some who wondered if he would be able to adapt to life in Spain, and the extremely physical ACB.

"It's hard because this is the first time I have left home and my country,” Tomic admitted.

"I have been here three months and so far, things have gone well.”

Tomic has been so effective in the ACB – arguably Europe’s top league - that he’s been shortlisted for the coveted ACB Revelation of the Year award.

After finding his feet in the early weeks, the center has become one of Madrid’s biggest offensive threats.

In 11 ACB games, Tomic has averaged 11 points.

He was influential in the Euroleague as well, pouring in 22 points in Madrid’s quarter-final Game 2 win over Barcelona and 23 in the Game 3 defeat.

“It's a great satisfaction and an honor,” Tomic said.

“I am very happy to be on this shortlist.”

Comparisons with greats

Tomic has been so prolific since his arrival from KK Zagreb that he’s been likened in Spain to their national team star, 2006 FIBA World Championship MVP Pau Gasol.

It’s not a comparison that he welcomes.

“I don't like that because he is a great player, probably the best in Europe,” Tomic said. “I only hope that one day they can compare me to him, but not yet."

Croatia have had some true greats like Drazen Petrovic and Toni Kukoc.

Tomic could eventually be one too, if he continues to work under Madrid boss Ettore Messina, one of the best coaches in the world.

Selected by the Utah Jazz with the 44th pick in the 2008 NBA Draft, Tomic is under contract with Real Madrid for three years.

When he’ll be ready for the NBA remains to be seen.

Everyone expects Tomic to make his debut for Croatia's senior team at the FIBA World Championship this August in Turkey, where they will go up against the United States, Slovenia, Brazil, Iran and Tunisia in Group B.

"It has been a great year for me,” Tomic said.

“I have played well with Zagreb and I arrived to a great team like Madrid.

“I now hope to play each time better and prove to everyone that I am a worthy player for Real Madrid. "
                            Artificial Nature

Comment

Ante is doing a great job so far. Although his big talent is unquestioned, there were sure some doubts how he would adopt in Spain (Just remember, Marko Tomas was also the MVP of the NLB League when he left Zagreb for Real, and he failed to make the next step in his career). Tomic could be a dominant player next season, when the new rules probably give him more room under the rims. And biggest challenge still to come: he will play against Dwight Howard at the World Championship
                              www.crohoops.com

Comment

Originally posted by Iggypop View Post
                                he will play against Dwight Howard at the World Championship
                                he will eat him, spit him out and then piss on him
                                "Heja, heja Cibosi, hrabri kao vukovi,

heja, heja cibosi, vodite nas k pobjedi. "

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information