No announcement yet.

Just for fun. R. Gay: Turkey is a pretty(?) ...city

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well the tatoo actually belongs to fan!
    Even though i couldnt easily belive that he was colonel kadafi!looooooool

Comment

• What does math have to do with geography knowledge??

This is about a more general educational index.

And we can't generalize about USA.They have some of the best schools in the world, probably some of the worst too.
      In terms of geography it's true that many US citizens know nothing.
      Once some engineering student was asking me if in Greece we are indeed hard-line Muslims, because this is what he has heard.
      Some other told me that he has never traveled outside USA and spends summer always in Cancun or Canada. At the same time some driver told me that he has been outside of USA and in particular in TEXAS and California.
      But in every country you can find similar examples.
      I guess this comes from the fact that USA has a big population, and they think that you don't need to know anything else.
      On the other side when you are from a small country you really want to know about other countries.
      http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
      https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
      https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
      https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

• The U.S. are huge. And a lot of people lives there. It's like they had their own continent, so that's what they know about. I certainly know much more about Europe tha any other continent, and I guess they'll study the american geography, the same way they study American history. They have their own world and they don't need to know about the rest.

Anyway, it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Azrael View Post
          cant help it...

just want to share...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QjKkkApUm04

but this doesn't mean anything. Lets not generalize it. People do make mistakes.
          at least she heard for turkey, so she is smarter then gay

Comment

• I know a case of an U.S.A. high school student, asked to settle Spain in a world map, and finally after a while, he couldn´t find it in the whole area of Central/South America but at least he knew that zone use to speak spanish

I´m really good in geography, since I was a child I love to observ maps anytime something happens in the world, but.... How many of europeans here, including me, could put in a map, countries like: Chad, Uzbekistan, Tonga?

What I´m trying to say is that everybody know things about their region or simply, about the countries at the same economic level, for an US citizen Spain or Turkey is not as interesting, as if it will be UK, France or Germany, the same happens to an spaniard to those countries i listed above, and that is a fact

Don´t blame only in the school, but the politicians

Comment

• Originally posted by Adon View Post
              A proctologist perhaps
              Why, do a lot of Greeks have their heads up their asses?

Comment

• Originally posted by mvblair View Post
                I've wanted to ask who she was for a while now, but I'm too embarrassed. Now I know.
                Lol. If you like Hip-Hop, you should check her out.

Originally posted by Hepcat View Post
                You think he might have her phone number too?

I wish. Not too long ago she went on MySpace (ok, maybe a while ago) to ask for someone to pick her up when she returned to New York from a show. Lost my chance (damn Florida!), but a lot of guys were lined up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Guard View Post
                  Those morons are too busy smoking weed and marihuana instead of learning something. No surprise half of NBA is getting caught in offseason with drugs or DUI.
                  And yet can still beat the Spanish team. Imagine if they were sober (we give our players marijuana to make the games interesting).

Ok, I take it back, maybe you're just mad that ya'll can't beat Serbia.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                    Lol. If you like Hip-Hop, you should check her out.
                    I absolutely despise hiphop - but I love her tits. Decisions, decisions....

Comment

• Originally posted by Test View Post
                      Typical USA talk. Strange logic. Knowledge makes you a man, ignorance - a monkey. A man knows music, geography, math, writing etc... but without this knowledge he will not die. So maybe let's do nothing, play ball, scratch your ass and sniff fingers like lebron james. I believe Rudy Gay realizes that Turkey is not a city, and he just made mistake... But it is sooo American.. What are you doing in school? Personally I needed to learn all countries and capitals during school years, at least I don't look like retard when topic is about countries.

Lol. You do realize that your "example" is from a spoof site?? In otherwords it is a joke.

Going through your non-sequiturs (a sign of intelligence?), I'm not sure what your point is, but I can tell you that as an American I too had to learn capitals (besides all 50 of our states) of many nations like many people (many forget this as they get older) had to.

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                        better bring noseplugs
                        As opposed to where, Alabama?

Comment

• Originally posted by coolfire View Post
                          stop with all those generalizations. if one gay is stupid it doesn't mean that all gays are stupid.
                          People need to stop picking on gay athletes. Where's John Amaechi (French right?) when you need him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Federoy View Post
                            Interesting side note, I actually saw Jean Grae perform on Univ. of Michigan's campus about six years. I had a chance to meet her after her performance and she is as colorful and witty in real life as she is in her music. Strange how six degrees of seperation isn't that far off! Admittedly, I didn't recognize the avatar either. I think she was wearing shades at the time of her show and I only rapped with her for a few minutes.
                            She does an awesome show.

Comment

• Originally posted by klakis View Post
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Turkey,_Texas

You are all european idiots!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                              Exactly, he was just mentioning what a nice city - no wait, it's in Texas, even I can't fall for that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Czarkazem13 View Post
                                Why, do a lot of Greeks have their heads up their asses?
                                Nope! Because you seem to be an ass-hole expert!

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information