Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who isnt from greece but support greece?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PAOK
    nikos galis
    thank you , a great national hero in helas,
    faith in PAOK 06-07
    PAOK WILL WIN!!!!!!WAIT assoyo JOIN!!!!!!!

Comment

I only know they are European soccer championships in Poutudal 2004,let me too surprised
      Go~Air YI,Aaia is not enough space for you!~
      ]

Comment

Answers is the place to go to get the answers you need and to ask the questions you want

his biography.

he broke his arm when he signed to boston celtics thats why he came to greece.lucky us :P

Comment

thank you,
          faith in PAOK 06-07

Comment

thats enough

Important New York colleges began to show an interest in him, but Galis finally ended up with the Siton Hall Pirates. There he got the number 11 vest and became a crucial player fairly quickly. But the lack of other good players prevented Galis' team from reaching any NCCA finals in the 4 years that he was playing there. In his fourth and final year, Galis, by now a shooting guard, saw his points average reach 27.5 and his name ranked third among the leading NCCA scorers, behind the great Larry Bird and Balder. When he left Siton Hall, his name was on nearly every record scoring list in the college. Thanks, Mr Manon... In the spring of 1979 Galis realised that the time had come for him to try and play in the NBA. But this big plan was ruined by the whims of his manager, Bill Manon, who may have ruined Galis' career but surely all Greeks are now grateful to him. Bill Manon was the agent of a few basketball players but mostly actors and artists, etc. Among those was the famous Diana Ross who had just launched her solo career away from her band "The Supremes". 'Upside Down' became a big hit and the agent started making money hand over fist, neglecting his then 22 year old Greek basketball player. So, from the first round of drafts, Galis found himself in the fourth with the number 68 and was picked by the Boston Celtics who had already chosen Larry Bird and wanted Galis just to make up the numbers. Galis tried to stay in the NBA but at the worst possible moment an injury left him out for 2 weeks and on his return, he found his place had been taken by Henderson. NBA 0, Greece 1 So he was forced to say goodbye to the NBA

Said About Galis

* Michael Jordan: "I did not expect to find such a good offensive player in Europe, especially in your country." (October 1983, National team of Greece Vs North Carolina State University for the "Dimitria" tournament)
            * Drazen Petrovic: "I'd love to play in the same team with him so I can pass the ball to him to score!"
            * Arvidas Sabonis: "I have the feeling that if Galis wants to score a basket, he will score, no matter what the opponent does. He is always determined to succeed."
            * Giorgos Amerikanos: "The man is a computer! He knows what, when, how and why he does what he does. I have not seen such self respect to a player before. He can , if he is certain, to take a shot from the centre of the court, having five players over him, despite a team mate of his being unguarded under the opponent's basket. If I had him next to me in AEK, there would be decades before we taste a defeat."
            * Audi Norris: "I have seen a lot of big players in my life, but what Galis did today (1987-88', Barselona - Aris) can be done only by 2-3 players in the whole world."
            * Aza Petrovic (1988): "Drezen is my brother, but I vote for Galis."
            * Antonio Miguel Diaz(1990): "Come on, tell me the truth. Galis came with you. Where do you hide him?"
            * Bob McAdou(1985):"What Galis and Aris did tonight never happened to me before. Not even in a Celtics game."
            * Vasilis Goumas:"If we played together we would score 300 point every game. He sees the basket as a barrel."
            * Yiannis Ioannidis(1986):"I warn you! When Galis won’t be able to fly as now, he will be the best play maker in Europe!!"
            * Sergei Belov: "He is a great player and that’s why I admire him. No one in Europe can stop Nick when he is on one on one against you. I never expected that such a player can create nightmares to a whole Soviet Union team."
            * Ruudd Harevaain (Holland coach): "I found a way to stop Nick. We will lock him in a hotel so that he cannot come in the court."

Comment

you welcome badman

Comment

you welcome badman
                can you tell me some greek basketball forum? i want to follow PAOK,
                and you are PAOK fan, which you suport most basketball soccer or velleyball?
                faith in PAOK 06-07

Comment

Guys for Galis or PAOK conversations there are other forums/topics.
                  The Euroleague Organization and Mr Bertomeu are like the Bulgarian Government: corrupt, partially stupid, and a huge underestimator of people's intelligence.

Comment

Originally posted by ArkadiosV2
                    Guys, where are these Gods nowadays? (BadMann and CHINA TEAM)
                    CHINA TEAM appears from time to time, BadMann never saw him around again.
                    Die Liebe wird eine Krankheit, wenn man sie als eine Heilung sieht
                    Artificial Nature

Comment

Originally posted by BadMann View Post
                      i have watched two greek matches,and i had to say i like this team.they play real basket.and win the game. is there anyperson suporting greece but not from greece just like me?

are there a foreign team you really suport?like me support greece?
                      Well when Greece defeated Team USA years ago i had a bet with my officemates called USA-against-The-World.

The bet was if USA did not win the gold, i take home some 5000 (pesos!) from all of the prize pool.

We know what happened with that one, so yeah, go Greece!
                      If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

well i like greece, bcz we and the greecs are geneticaly related.
                        go cousins

Comment

Originally posted by lebanese phoenix View Post
                          well i like greece, bcz we and the greecs are geneticaly related.
                          go cousins
                          are u orthodox ??

Comment

Working...
                          X

Debug Information