No announcement yet.

Filipino Players in Foreign Leagues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This game was kind of a wake-up call for Kai. There are a lot of aspects he needs to work on. He needs to seal better and work on his finishing. Plus, sometimes defensively, he needs a little more effort.

He showed two nice hook shot attempts. Hopefully they go in next time around.

Comment

• Originally posted by spidey102279
      Dapat di mo na pinatulan yan tol. ehehe. Waste of time lang yan.
      Oo, last na yan.hehe I expected Kai to struggle against prosper because you could see it in his body language even during his Miami scrimmages. Minama ata or baka binigyan ng masahe ng konti kaya tahado si kai.haha That is part of the process. Kai could have elapse double digit today if not for the useless facilitating of SJ. Kai had a lot of seals against smaller indons and even Prosper. Even if I am Kai's most ardent believer I don't expect him to get monster stats always.
      Last edited by PeeZones; 06-18-2021, 12:21 PM.

Comment

• This game was kind of a wake-up call for Kai. There are a lot of aspects he needs to work on. He needs to seal better and work on his finishing. Plus, sometimes defensively, he needs a little more effort.

He showed two nice hook shot attempts. Hopefully they go in next time around. Plus, despite needing a little more effort, he made himself a bit of a presence inside. Some positives going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by thatweirdguy View Post
          He went down a lot today.. I hope this won't be a pattern
          Problem that I can see is Kai's body frame just doesn't seem to be built to handle the banging at the post...he has very high hips doesn't seem to have a good low center of gravity to be a post defender....hence he easily gets pushed around...he's just not strong enough yet. I've seen 6'9 players who have lean but solid frames and weigh just as heavy as Kai at 235 pounds but are bull strong on post defense and dont get easily shoved around. And the NBL is still an old school Big Man's league with alot of post up players still.

Kai's trainers have they're work cut out for them.
          Originally posted by PeeZones
          Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• I personally think Kai was sealing good in this game. It's just too bad that when he seals good, nobody is passing to him. There's been more times he's sealed his man than failing to do so.

Kai having high hips is a problem though. Maybe lower his legs even further?

Comment

• Originally posted by PeeZones View Post
              RJ Hamptons stats were so mediocre but still pick in the first round.lol Kai only needs several breakout games and decent performance like yesterday.haha real scouts GM knows that they be patient with teenage prospect!haha
              RJ Hampton and Kai are two very different type of players and they do not play the same position. My point of concern is Kai's physical conditioning at this point in time if he is ready for the physicality of a Big Man's League like the NBL.
              Originally posted by PeeZones
              Kai is a top ten lottery pick come draft day and the best team for him is the spurs...Kai is way more skilled OFFENSIVELY than duncan, yao, aldridge, kp. etc..Kai is way better offensively than Porzingis by a mile...Kareem isnt really way far than Kai..decent bball IQ for both MJ and Kobe but Kai belongs to the highly skilled and high IQ players...I see talent clearly and they cant.

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                Problem that I can see is Kai's body frame just doesn't seem to be built to handle the banging at the post...he has very high hips doesn't seem to have a good low center of gravity to be a post defender....hence he easily gets pushed around...he's just not strong enough yet. I've seen 6'9 players who have lean but solid frames and weigh just as heavy as Kai at 235 pounds but are bull strong on post defense and dont get easily shoved around. And the NBL is still an old school Big Man's league with alot of post up players still.

Kai's trainers have they're work cut out for them.
                I had a sick feeling in my stomach evertime he goes down. Yup probably he looks like he uas a high center of gravity. Anyway the 36ers did said that they are gonna focus on building him up. He's going to face tougher and bigger players than Prosper

Comment

RJ Hamptons stats were so mediocre but still pick in the first round.lol Kai only needs several breakout games and decent performance like yesterday.haha real scouts GM knows that they be patient with teenage prospect!haha
                  RJ was a next star signing reserved for next NBA draft prospects, Kai was signed as a Asian development player and had to use Adelaide cap space. Not league money

Comment

RJ was a next star signing reserved for next NBA draft prospects, Kai was signed as a Asian development player and had to use Adelaide cap space. Not league money

Comment

• Originally posted by geohunk View Post
                      RJ Hampton and Kai are two very different type of players and they do not play the same position. My point of concern is Kai's physical conditioning at this point in time if he is ready for the physicality of a Big Man's League like the NBL.
                      It would be the same case with Zubac. Zubac lingered for several years in the Gleague before making it as a starting C. We all know that Kai's physical were his weakness. Kai was visibly bigger than his 17yr old self. It is always a process and it is not instant. He is near his peak form of 245. Gobert and Kai had similar physique and current Gobert weight is 245. Kai's current weight is 235 at 19. He is 10lbs away from the target. He could get that because Kai doesn't have problem eating.

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                        Then? Kai receive a lot of money for the past 1yr. If he ain't valuable and doesn't have the chance to reach the NBA, he shouldn't be getting those offers. His agent had said many times that even without playing an ignite game NBA teams would draft him.haha

You were so wrong countless times about kai. I don't see Hampton as someone who has way bigger upside than Kai.

Comment

Then? Kai receive a lot of money for the past 1yr. If he ain't valuable and doesn't have the chance to reach the NBA, he shouldn't be getting those offers. His agent had said many times that even without playing an ignite game NBA teams would draft him.haha

You were so wrong countless times about kai. I don't see Hampton as someone who has way bigger upside than Kai.
                          What does that have to do with teams not signing him under thre free no cap next star program?

Yes I was wrong I offered Kai to an NBL team , but they didn't think he was good enough to qualify under the next star program reserved for draft prospect

Comment

• Nahiya pa nagpalit na nick!hahaha Ikaw lang naman ang trashtalker dito na walang alam!haha tsaka parang ang c*ck, f*ck, gay, nutt etc nasa bibig.haha wag ka magpakasasa baka mabulunan ka!haha nagchange pa ng tone kuno.hahaha

Comment

• lol kai is pba ready an athletic version of jericho de guzman

Comment

• Originally posted by DAdmiral View Post
                                What does that have to do with teams not signing him under thre free no cap next star program?

Yes I was wrong I offered Kai to an NBL team , but they didn't think he was good enough to qualify under the next star program reserved for draft prospect
                                Because Kai is eligible for the Asian player slot, that would also give Adelaide other options to get another next star signing next season. There were write-ups that Adelaide has been doing it as a business. If they could get another rising star together with Kai, then they would have several chances of earning through buy-out. Their GM was commended for this brilliant move.lol

Also, this would increase their team's presence and reputation as a destination for Asian and beyond prospects.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information