No announcement yet.

FIBA 2017 AmeriCup!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ooh, I like the part where we crush the dreams of the home fans.
    Originally posted by Fedfan
    Most ppl get childish when they lose.
    Originally posted by GuTO
    refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post

If the majority of this team is here for the qualifiers I think we have nothing to fear.
      And if it's not and it's another group of guys nobody has ever heard of we still have nothing to fear.
      Silver medal 2012 Olympics prediction game.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
        Ooh, I like the part where we crush the dreams of the home fans.
        Yeah it's always great when you win a tournament that nobody cares about except the people you beat. You, Dtown, me and maybe a couple of other people who post here probably make up 50% of the Americans who watched this thing.

Comment

I just want to say congrats to the G-League USA Team, that fighting spirit to erase a huge deficit is worthy of USAB lore... Given that people may not even remember who played in the AmeriCup this year.

Props to Argentina for a tournament well played.
          Sacramento Kings
          HERE WE STAY UNTIL THE COWBELLS COME HOME

Comment

Originally posted by usagre View Post
            And if it's not and it's another group of guys nobody has ever heard of we still have nothing to fear.
            I mean yeah, but I'm trying to sound humble....

BTW for fellow US fans, if the qualifying team loses do you consider that a mark against the US undefeated streak (2007- Present)?

I would have counted it, since I'm counting this team's win towards the streak, but I want to get other opinions.
            Pistons: 2021-22 Let the Motorcade begin!!

Bronze medal 2013 Eurobasket prediction Game.

Comment

Would have been nice if ESPNU hung around for the medal presentations but that's asking too much from them.

Comment

Would have been nice if ESPNU hung around for the medal presentations but that's asking too much from them.
                I'd have a go at ESPN, but lets be honest, we barely care about this shit and we are the hardcore of the hardcore. I can't blame them for cutting away. I praise them for even showing games.

Comment

Originally posted by Dtown View Post

BTW for fellow US fans, if the qualifying team loses do you consider that a mark against the US undefeated streak (2007- Present)?

I would have counted it, since I'm counting this team's win towards the streak, but I want to get other opinions.
                  Absolutely not. I understand that technically this is a senior level team but I can't do it. I place more importance on exhibition games that true USA teams play rather than these type of tournaments.

Comment

Absolutely not. I understand that technically this is a senior level team but I can't do it. I place more importance on exhibition games that true USA teams play rather than these type of tournaments.
                    I get that, I mean no one counted 1998 World Championship against the '1992' streak.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post
                      I get that, I mean no one counted 1998 World Championship against the '1992' streak.
                      Yeah for me the streak starts with the 2006 Bronze medal win over Argentina where incidentally I think Coach K realized how to coach in these games and tightened his rotation, stopped being cute by bringing Wade the reigning NBA finals mvp off the bench and started him. And I include all exhibition/preparation games in the streak as well because let's face it team USA views them equal to early round preliminary games.

Comment

• Definitely wouldn't count it. Not a real US team. Similar to Pan Am Games.
                        Originally posted by Fedfan
                        Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                        Originally posted by GuTO
                        refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

• Originally posted by JGX View Post
                          Definitely wouldn't count it. Not a real US team. Similar to Pan Am Games.
                          Yeah that's a good comparison. Teams were very similar.

Comment

• Assuming Argentina qualifies for the '19 Worlds, they will be a complete non factor in a world event for the first time since the 90's.
                            They just don't have much talent.

Comment

• Originally posted by usagre View Post
                              Assuming Argentina qualifies for the '19 Worlds, they will be a complete non factor in a world event for the first time since the 90's.
                              They just don't have much talent.
                              If Canada makes it through qualification (lets be honest, if you lose to the Virgin Islands, you get an IF on everything), they are a solid bet for that second Olympics slot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dtown View Post

Canadian not American, but if it is official FIBA sanctioned play then yes, it counts.

I've even had arguments with Americans where they say "Oh, if we lose the world championships it doesn't count, we didn't have Lebron or Kobe, we ONLY had Irving and Harden" or whoever they want to pick and choose.

If it is a main FIBA event, and you lose, it counts on the national teams record.

With that said, it doesn't really matter.

I do feel bad for these G-League dudes that will put in all this effort to qualify the USA for the World Cup and then the big dogs come push them out of the way and say, "We've got it from here"
                                We The North

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information