Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Emir Prelzic story, or does FIBA has to answer to somebody?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emir Prelzic story, or does FIBA has to answer to somebody?

This story was discussed somewhere in a less noticeable places and I think this issue deserves a separate topic.

From what I read, and please somebody correct me if I'm wrong, Prelzic denied in the past to play for Slovenia because he said that he is Bosnian and wished to play for Bosnia, but FIBA refused him this right because he had played for Slovenia's young teams.

Now he plays for Turkey, and is doing very well.

There are two questions
    1. Why does he want to play for Turkey if he feels as Bosnian
    2. (more important) Why FIBA allowed him to play for Turkey and not for Bosnia before, especially that he is Bosnian and ex-Yugoslavia region have "special case" that could be considered.

Is money involved?
    Are other Federation knows the reason but don't want to confront FIBA?
    Considering also the decision about extending the tournament to 24 teams after the qualification was played I'm asking myself, do we, the fans, should realize that basketball is not a very profitable business and that if we want the show to go on, we should except that it's not all fair.
    And I won't get into the issue of referee role in certain games I've seen, because it's more subjective issue even that it seemed very clear to me....

p.s.
    I like very much Prelzic's game, and used to watch Fener's games for seeing him playing (also posed here a video of him). But now he really have lost my respect.
    My Youtube channel

what a provoke topic..

ıf u check Emir twitter.what he said.

rille55 Emir Preldzic
    just to make sure,i didnt say those words.

He like to play with us and he is happy now.ıt's very ridicilouse topic

Comment

here is also news,Emir says when ı hear that ı got so sad.bcs ı didnt say it.I have been here long time ,ı have good friends here.

Comment

Preldzic forced to play for Turkey, interview made for Slovenian media two days ago.

Comment

Want to make it clear again, not just Turkey attract players to play for passport.
          The Maccedonian McCaleb story is not different. Also Blu who played for Israel, even that wasn't forced (he got the passport automatically for being a Jew a long time before), he felt that fans and the team expect him to play.
          This is not the issue, each country's inner matters should not bother me.

The issue is FIBA! FIBA, not Turkey!
          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by ZizzitSlo View Post
            Preldzic forced to play for Turkey, interview made for Slovenian media two days ago.

http://bit.ly/qaZAnH
            what a ridiculous news. How can you force an adult professional sportsmen to play for a country, against his will!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Ylistaro View Post
              what a ridiculous news. How can you force an adult professional sportsmen to play for a country!!??
              He got a big time contract extension in Fenerbahce due to his new Turkish citizenship. Federation apparently threatened him that they will somehow take away his Turkish citizenship if he doesn't play for them. He said this for an interview for a well respected sports portal and journalist here in Slovenia. Of course the story blew up and now he is denying he said those words.

Najbolj sveže in aktualne novice iz Slovenije in sveta, intervjuji, kolumne, odlične zgodbe iz sveta športa, avtomobilov in trendov

Comment

Quoted for truth

Originally posted by MaccabiTA
                Don't bother.. 90% will probably see it's an Israeli that opened a thread about Turkey, won't read even one line and will blame you for provocating
                +5 Quoted for truth...I bet you're right.

Thing is this subject is not significantly different than other illegal or suspicious naturalization issues. So why not post in the other Naturalization thread? Maybe post it in the Turkey NT thread. Why this "new" thread? Hmmmmm......

Comment

Originally posted by Cuneyt
                  Deleted
                  I'd start talking about Kurds, and some other things, but I just think you're trying to get this thread closed or moved to the political section of the forums.

Anyway, I didn't see this reaction from the Turks about the "bullshit" (not my words btw) news from turkish media about the referees and the greek federation. But I guess that could help future games of your team, so, they're ok.

Comment

but if he played for Slovenia with the youngs how fiba let him play for Turkey?

imagine Greece with the Hellenized players(Tarlac,Tomic.Gurovic,Jaric ,Stojakovic,Nesterovic,Vuksevic) noone played ,i don;t know if it was our decision or somebody else but we had the right to play for Greek national team.

Comment

IMHO is useless to speak (write&read) about Preldžić subject.

He knows what, how, when and how he decided to play for Turkish NT and if he feels O.K. with that than for us - fans the story should be closed.

I wish to Preldžić all the best and so you all should too.
                      MI LAHKO !

andw77 wrote:

"I really look forward to see Slovenia in Katowice on Saturday and Sunday afternoon. If that is the case, I'll try to wear something green Kto nie skacze, nie Słoweniec, hej hej hej "

Comment

Originally posted by elaj View Post
                        He got a big time contract extension in Fenerbahce due to his new Turkish citizenship. Federation apparently threatened him that they will somehow take away his Turkish citizenship if he doesn't play for them. He said this for an interview for a well respected sports portal and journalist here in Slovenia. Of course the story blew up and now he is denying he said those words.

http://www.siol.net/sportal/sportal_...prisilili.aspx
                        Well if he did because of big time contract=lots of money, u cant say forcing anymore right?and seemingly not because of Turkish passport since he wanted to play for another country(Slovenia, BIH or Bahamas), keeping Turkish passport should not be big deal for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Raze Lupin View Post
                          +5 Quoted for truth...I bet you're right.

Thing is this subject is not significantly different than other illegal or suspicious naturalization issues. So why not post in the other Naturalization thread? Maybe post it in the Turkey NT thread. Why this "new" thread? Hmmmmm......
                          This is different because he played for Slovenia and because of that wasn't allowed by the same FIBA to play for Bosnia.
                          My Youtube channel

Comment

Originally posted by PieR View Post
                            IMHO is useless to speak (write&read) about Preldžić subject.

He knows what, how, when and how he decided to play for Turkish NT and if he feels O.K. with that than for us - fans the story should be closed.

I wish to Preldžić all the best and so you all should too.
                            +10 for being positive!!

Comment

Originally posted by Perseus View Post
                              but if he played for Slovenia with the youngs how fiba let him play for Turkey?

imagine Greece with the Hellenized players(Tarlac,Tomic.Gurovic,Jaric ,Stojakovic,Nesterovic,Vuksevic) noone played ,i don;t know if it was our decision or somebody else but we had the right to play for Greek national team.
                              It was their decision. None else could decided instead of them, but I believe there were some pressures on several players from the list...

Comment

Working...
                              X

Debug Information