[2nd Round] Group K: USA-BRA-GRE-CZE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
    Brazil were never the favorite going into this game.Of course i didnt expect such a result.Before the tournament started noone considered them as anything special.And they are old.Biggest reason they lost is it was their 4th match in 7 games for a team that relies on 4 players over 36 years old.
    It is irrelevant whether we considered Brazil to be favorites for this game. The Brazilian players themselves considered Greece as the most serious opponent on their way to the top 8 (aside from the US). The coaching staff prepared for that game for a long time. And along side the fact that they were underdogs, they managed to win the game. Aside from that I believe that Brazil considered other teams to be doable. Perhaps they prepared for Turkey as well, but they got the Czechs instead. The Brazilians probably didn't know much about the Czechs. But given that they beat Greece, the game against the Czechs was a must win. But they failed.
    PAO EUROPEAN CHAMPION 1996 - 2000 - 2002 - 2007 - 2009 - 2011

Comment

• How is Scilb? He is crucial for Czech team, and if he is out, things will be a lot tougher.

I think Greece is now in the driver seat; they typically come out strong and try to finish the job in the first quarter.
      5 out 6 scientists say Russian roulette is safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
        There is a scenario with 3 way tie at 4-1 (USA, Brazil, Czech Republic). In that case Czech Republic are safe. They lost from the States 88-67 and they won against Brazil by 22 (93-71). In that scenario Brazil needs to cover a 21 points handicap. Pretty tough i guess.
        there is 0% chance that BRA beats USA by 23+ points

Comment

• Originally posted by soulis79 View Post
          There is a scenario with 3 way tie at 4-1 (USA, Brazil, Czech Republic). In that case Czech Republic are safe. They lost from the States 88-67 and they won against Brazil by 22 (93-71). In that scenario Brazil needs to cover a 21 points handicap. Pretty tough i guess.
          So improbable scenario it's not worthy to think about it. USA will destroy Brazil and probably they'll beat easily Greece too.

Comment

• If GRE is down by 15+ at the half v USA, I see the starters being rested in second half for crucial CZE clash.

Comment

• Originally posted by christodoulou76 View Post
              If GRE is down by 15+ at the half v USA, I see the starters being rested in second half for crucial CZE clash.
              Betting on beating this Czech team by +12 is not safe.

Comment

• Originally posted by Victorious View Post
                Betting on beating this Czech team by +12 is not safe.
                you're right. so the starters will only be rested if we are down by 25+.

Comment

• We’ve shat our pants as if we’re playing against Shaq and MJ.
                  3rd, Euroleague IBN prediction game 2019

Comment

• Sloukas is tiny mentally. He's almost always open, the only person in the team with a remote chance of making a 3 and half the time he stalls.

Comment

• Greece is playing like the second half against Brazil. Sometimes missing easy shots.

Comment

• Greece simply can't create good shots. Giannis doesn't get the ball in his spots or doesn't have enough space to operate.
                        They play too slow even with Giannis at the 5, don't get easy fast break points.
                        Some of these lineups are difficult to understand as well. Coach is definitely at fault here.

25 points in 20 minutes tells pretty much the whole story.
                        Bronze Medal - IBN 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Prediction Game

Comment

• Originally posted by Buzissa View Post
                          Greece simply can't create good shots. Giannis doesn't get the ball in his spots or doesn't have enough space to operate.
                          They play too slow even with Giannis at the 5, don't get easy fast break points.
                          Some of these lineups are difficult to understand as well. Coach is definitely at fault here.

25 points in 20 minutes tells pretty much the whole story.
                          I disagree. We have missed many open shots. And we are inefficient under the basket. The shots are good, we are just not talented :P

Comment

• Papanikolaou

Comment

• GRE total EFF = 32. Giannis has 23. The rest of the team has not shown up.

Comment

• Why has Greece started playing like Turkey all of a sudden?

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information