Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
    Mert,
    I cant really beleive you make these mistaken comments.
    How old are you?

There are millions of millioners in Turkey and you are talking about labors who make $1000 a month?

I really wonder your age.
    What does age or religion have to do with sports or comments. Everyone have their right to voice their opinion. If you don't agree with mine please ignore my comments. I don't like your comments regarding my religion or claiming i am a muslim at all. Sports , opinions have nothing to do with these. But just to clear your mind i am 35 years old i have a wife and daughter , i am working on very respected international companies. Hope these will make you think that my comments are valuable Additionally my nick is my real name so feel free to google it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mert Gökçeimam View Post
      Trust me football has nothing to do with Sport culture. Yes they look great on Youtube video's but non of any of those supporters exactly know what Sports mean. I am a Fenerbahçe fan and supporter however in reality we really are terrible in sports. Only thing most of Turks only care is winning and then making fun with opposite fans. Nothing else makes them happy. Opinions vary for the score of the game.

Let me give you an example so you can easily understand the situation here.

You possibly know Fenerbahçe Ülker as they are attending Euroleague. Did you ever checked how many fans attend to Fenerbahçe Ülker games in Euroleague ? Way less then today's semi final and Fenerbahçe Ülker has 2 championship in last 3 years and lost one in finals with a doping scandal ( two players were chosen from Efes Pilsen for doping check in 1 game and both of those players had same doping element in their blood ) . In Euroleague Fenerbahçe Ülker qualified to quarter finals 2 years ago and last year we were eliminated very unluckily. However everyone in Turkey claims Fenerbahçe Ülker was very unsuccessful.

Today people are chanting for Tanjeviç and Turkish NT. However just before the tournament Tanjeviç was possibly the most hated coach you could ever find. No one believed in Turkey NT or Tanjeviç. And today they are all heroes because they won.

Another example : Beşiktaş transferred Quaresma and Guti this year. Their fans are so excited because of those transfers but in 3 months Beşiktaş can only sell 8000 official jerseys which is nothing compared to the cost of the transfers.

I am not 100% sure how much tickets were but an average Turkish worker is making less then 1000TL ( 650$ ) per month and they are trying to feed their family , pay bills , rent etc.. Most of them are surviving on huge debts to credit cards and banks. That's why a sports game is the latest thing they want to spend money at.

In Turkey being a team fan only helps people satisfy them self.

We have very long way to achieve a nice Sports culture.
      I understand where you are coming from. I find it a shame that you guys are not a very sports orientated nation because you have many talents in many sports. I really hope that this tournament will awaken your nation and you will become more sports oriented. I believe Turkey have a lot of potential to host future tournament but this can never be repeated again as the low-attendance is not acceptable for such a tournament.

Comment

Originally posted by DelijaZauvjek View Post
        I understand where you are coming from. I find it a shame that you guys are not a very sports orientated nation because you have many talents in many sports. I really hope that this tournament will awaken your nation and you will become more sports oriented. I believe Turkey have a lot of potential to host future tournament but this can never be repeated again as the low-attendance is not acceptable for such a tournament.
        I also hope the same , success in any sports surely brings attention to that sport and i prefer basketball over football all the time but without proper investment to sports will not do anything. You know what will Turkey do now with the money Turkish Basketball Federation made from the tournament ?
        They will give 1.500.000Tl ( 1 million $ ) for each player in Turkish NT even if they will loose tomorrow. Instead of giving that money to players who made millions every year , i preferred Federation spending that money educating young basketball fans.

Comment

That was a foolish statement to make.

Most of the general population in any nation is made up of labor workers.

Only 5-10% of every nation's population is filled with millionaires. \

I really question how old you are. I'd guess no more than 16.

Go play with the kids, let the big boys talk.
          You really can show how foolish a man can be cause you compare Turkey with your tiny country. Turkey has 75.000.000 population and lets say with your calculation %5 makes 3.75 million millioners. and Turkey has more than that.
          So dont be funny when you make comments ok dude.

Comment

What does age or religion have to do with sports or comments. Everyone have their right to voice their opinion. If you don't agree with mine please ignore my comments. I don't like your comments regarding my religion or claiming i am a muslim at all. Sports , opinions have nothing to do with these. But just to clear your mind i am 35 years old i have a wife and daughter , i am working on very respected international companies. Hope these will make you think that my comments are valuable Additionally my nick is my real name so feel free to google it.
            and i am 36 years old and i live in a country with a population of %99 muslims and most of them rejoice during the holy Ramadan and practice fast.
            So if you are living in a shell, keep your words for yourself.
            which I mean, they have other things to do during Ramadan. Sports come next, and that is what happened during this championship.

Comment

Isn't it one ticket per game?

So it's basically, Turkey plays at night, so people will start going to the stadium after the halftime of the first game. Pretty much this. They wouldn't want to go to a stadium for 5 hours.

Organization issues. If they cared about "appearance of attendance" they'd sell more tickets to non-Turks unless there was not much interest

Comment

I also hope the same , success in any sports surely brings attention to that sport and i prefer basketball over football all the time but without proper investment to sports will not do anything. You know what will Turkey do now with the money Turkish Basketball Federation made from the tournament ?
                They will give 1.500.000Tl ( 1 million $ ) for each player in Turkish NT even if they will loose tomorrow. Instead of giving that money to players who made millions every year , i preferred Federation spending that money educating young basketball fans.
                Yeah that faggot of a prime minister has an important referandum tomorrow so I'm sure he's doing that only for his own good..

How HE gets to decide what basketball money is spended on is beyond me tho.. Although I do think that these players deserve everything in the world for accounting for arguably the best sports achievement in Turkish National Team history
                THE NBA IS FAKE

Comment

There are many reasons but most important one is probably economics. However i fully agree that it is a shame most games were played against empty seats.

Turkey still have lots of problems related education and how people react to Sports is unacceptable imo. I hope things will change in future but from an honest view , it is really very hard because many people are highly influenced by religion and they care about religion more then education.

We simply don't have a sport culture at all.
                  Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
                  Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
                  But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
                  I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
                  Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
                  As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
                  Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
                  Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
                  We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
                  but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
                  Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
                  To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
                  Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
                  This happened 9 years ago too.
                  The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
                  Imo there is.But future will tell.
                  Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.
                  http://youtu.be/dUY7SXnMAHM
                  https://youtu.be/EQp8dsyWTxA
                  https://youtu.be/8STniidh0TI
                  https://youtu.be/I5fKLUWAkmY

Comment

kizilelma you are missing the point , this is world championship and worlds best team are trying to become the best team in the world and this is a Sports Event. In any condition all sport events deserve to be watched because of the efforts players. If you only keep watching your own teams games , it means that you don't care about the game at all. You just go watch the game because of your own team and unfortunately this is not called sports imo

Comment

FALSE

Look at the statistics my friend. Compare and contrast.
                      I trust that you will post the statistics showing other basketball WCs where the stands have been full for most games.
                      Originally posted by Fedfan
                      Most ppl get childish when they lose.
                      Originally posted by GuTO
                      refs in games of Spain walks with literally poop in his pants afraid of the Spanish players

Comment

Mert,
                        Delija was questioning the attandance and I told my point of view on why the attandance was poor on some games.
                        And I believe i was right to mention the holy Ramadan cause I could not go to the matches because I fast.
                        So most people felt the same thing like me and did not go to wacht the games.

Secondly, why dont we criticise the other country's fans.
                        why were they not here in Turkey?

and this is nothing to do with economics cause the tickets were damn cheap.
                        even a janitor in Turkey could efford it

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                          I trust that you will post the statistics showing other basketball WCs where the stands have been full for most games.
                          You brought it up so YOU do the reserach. Once you post your argument I will counter it with my statistics.

Comment

Originally posted by jorje View Post
                            Well as a Greek i have to admit that you made harder critique than me or others.This is not necessarily bad because it seems that you demand an improvement.
                            Ramadan is not an excuse for sure, i do not agree with some other Turks.
                            But maybe if it was a Freestyle,Grecoroman world championship the attendance might be higher.
                            I was not happy to see Greek team being booed even at games against China,CIV but i completely understand and not bad feelings for that.
                            Of course when the stadium has more empty seats than people in a World Championship is not a success.
                            As for religion i completely agree.Not only for Muslims it holds for others too.
                            Sport culture and education is too much to ask sometimes in countries were sport is regarded as an opportunity of nationalist pride.
                            Scandinavians and some other Europeans have achieved and succeed in the true meaning of sports.
                            We can disagree on several issues-Greece&Turkey,Turkey&Serbia...........
                            but this is not a reason to f... sport competition.
                            Sport is for mental and physical cultivation.
                            To achieve a higher spiritual level and of course being healthy.
                            Turkish team did succeed no matter the result in the final, no matter if they did not even reach final.
                            This happened 9 years ago too.
                            The following years will show if there is a robust improvement in Turkish basketball and sport culture.
                            Imo there is.But future will tell.
                            Lastly, prices of tickets are important but not can;t determine evrything in a country of 74 millions.
                            Without correct judgement and hard critique it is very hard to achieve the correct path. That's why i always try to point the hard facts most people are scared to talk about. My only aim is to achieve better for my family , country and rest of the world. Sports is a great thing to achieve peace in world. That's why i always hoped things will change. Just take a look at what Ibrahim Kutluay achieved only by himself. A basketball player did more good to Turkey - Greece relationship then anyone else could do. This is where the magic sports hold.

Comment

Originally posted by JGX View Post
                              JGX,
                              you are definetely correct.
                              this tournement is no more poor then others.
                              I hope we can google the stats later and see that the audience was similar like others in the past.

Plus, I read international press and also Fiba website, everybody is happy about the orginization of this tournament. especially foreign press and media geeks.

Comment

Originally posted by kizilelma View Post
                                You really can show how foolish a man can be cause you compare Turkey with your tiny country. Turkey has 75.000.000 population and lets say with your calculation %5 makes 3.75 million millioners. and Turkey has more than that.
                                So dont be funny when you make comments ok dude.
                                You think Turkey has more than 5% or 3.75 millionaires? LOL, all of Europe only has 2.9 million (0.41%), and it is much richer than Turkey: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Million...s_in_the_world

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information