Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh, well, we better lose from Germany now then.
    Originally posted by ozziem
    You really know basket well...
    Thanks ozziem.

Comment

Originally posted by Linktothepast View Post
      Greece - Turkey final would be an interesting match up. I don't remember facing each other at a final before.
      Such a final would be a blessing. Basketball popularity would go up by 500% in both nations just because of this matchup in a final.
      Originally posted by ozziem View Post
      I really suprize Siska retire from NT. I have a lot sympathy of Siska but not anymore.
      You should sympthy Siska because Greek euroleague loby stole the final four MVP award from him in Athens final four in 2007.

Originally posted by parso
      Gomelsky doesn't know @@@@ about basketball
      Originally posted by sseppel
      it's not asking too much for someone to know where the fuck he is.
      Originally posted by UMUT_FB_LAL
      Scola makes me wanna touch myself, no homo

Comment

somehow I can't see Greece winning this Eurobasket.I believe that in a tight,no tomorrow match they will show their inexperience.But of course I really hope I will be proven wrong.
        Imo,Spain Turkey or Slovenia will win this.But it's really too early to tell,with such an unpredictable tourney.
        "The worst part is wondering how you’ll find the strength tomorrow to go on doing what you did today and have been doing for much too long,where you’ll find the strength for all that stupid running around,those attempts to escape from crushing necessity,which always founder and serve only to convince you one more time that destiny is implacable,that every night will find you down and out,crushed by the dread of more and more sordid and insecure tomorrows.~Céline

Comment

Turkey - Greece FINAL

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
          1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

Comment

Serbia - If we keep up with the defensive intensity a medal is certain even the 9th gold wouldnt be a surprise.Experience is the only thing that this team is missing. We still dont shoot the ball well and rely to much on transition and inside game. In the knock out phase shooting is crucial. Tripkovic will have to step up.

Spain - Group C was by far the best in the first phase so the fact that they got through as third means nothing. First of all I dont think they prepared very well for this tournament. They played too much friendlies with not so strong opponents. Spain is still a strong contender but tradition is cruel. They never got that european gold and it must be in their minds. They want it and for Garbajosa and Pau its probably the last chance. I also think they are not physically fit as the other contenders. They were outrun by all teams including GB in some phases of the match.

Slovenia - They were the best team in the first phase but as usual they drop in form as the tournament progresses. They also have that losing mentality on their back. It will be interesting to see how they will react on Smodis getting back into rotation. It must affect their rhythm a bit. Nachbar and Dragic were crucial so far. Nachbar hit some insane shots. Smodis will play a lot of minutes in the second phase. If he plays good they are a serious contender.

Turkey - They have a very young team led by Turkoglu and Tanjevic from the bench. Their lack of a at least solid PG is what separates them from a medal. But I like their playing style if Hedo steps up everything is possible. They still havent played a contender on this tournament so I really dont know much they can offer.

Poland - The home team is always dangerous. They have one of the best C duo on the tournament. Lampe and Gortat are huge in the paint. They set the tone of the defense very well. They lack an outside game. No serious player on PG and SG. I think they achieved what they wanted with this second phase...

Lithuania - I think they missed a great opportunity for the total rebuild with young prospects. Lukauskis,Petravicius, Javtokas and the rest are good but Kleiza isnt enough for a medal.

Greece - Great basketball so far but no real test to be honest. A lot of players at their peak so its natural that they are playing consistent basketball. They dont have much room to improve. They might be playing at their best too soon. Schortsanitis is playing his best basketball. Very efficient. But I think too much here depends on Spanoulis.

Croatia - Not playing well but winning games says a lot. They have the talent but something is always missing. It was a huge mistake by Repesa not to include Tomic in the roster. Ukic is the biggest ball hog of this tournament. They are not defending the 3 point shot at all. Very unpredictable team.

FYR of Macedonia - Arsic got 110 % out of this team. They have a fair chance against Germany and Russia. No medal here but considering how bad Germany and Russia are at this moment a quarterfinal is not impossible.

France - They played qualifying matches before this tournament which helped them a lot cause through the years their biggest problem is that they have no offensive flow.It still is a problem. They rely too much on TP. Just no organized basketball. Physically the best team in the tournament but they have no shooting like at all! Diaw and Parker are playing too much minutes so far...

Russia - Blatt is doing his best but not much he can do with all the injuries. They missed 23 FTs against Germany. A lot of set plays from Blatt is what got them through. They are missing the starting five from the last Eurobasket and its obviously too much for them.

Germany - This is by far the worst team in the second phase. Simply no talent. Very raw players even on the outside positions. They were really lucky against Russia. They play solid defense though. Germany without Dirk and Kaman is a B division team.

Basically so far I would say the medals will go to Greece,Serbia and Spain not necessarily in this order.
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serbia_...asketball_team

Comment

Originally posted by pohani komarac View Post
              After first round I'm prety sure Greece and Turkey won't win EB. I'll give them 1% of chances. Winner will be from this group: Sapin, Serbia, Lithuania, France, Croatia, Slovenia
              How is it possible to eliminate Greece and Turkey and put Croatia into the game??Your team got crushed by the greek NT and you post that one..
              If you wish any credιbility you should think twice before you write.
              It's nice to be important but it's more important to be nice...

Comment

Originally posted by wyopeq View Post
                Turkey - Greece FINAL

Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please Please
                Why are you desperate for spanking?
                sigpic
                GERA ELLADARA MOU!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by fastbreak View Post
                  Serbia - If we keep up with the defensive intensity a medal is certain even the 9th gold wouldnt be a surprise.Experience is the only thing that this team is missing. We still dont shoot the ball well and rely to much on transition and inside game. In the knock out phase shooting is crucial. Tripkovic will have to step up.
                  You wıll not go that further because of your offensıve weapons are lımıted. As you saıd shootıng ıs ımportant and I thınk your ınsıde ıs not that powerful to compensate outsıde scorıng.

Slovenia - They were the best team in the first phase but as usual they drop in form as the tournament progresses. They also have that losing mentality on their back. It will be interesting to see how they will react on Smodis getting back into rotation. It must affect their rhythm a bit. Nachbar and Dragic were crucial so far. Nachbar hit some insane shots. Smodis will play a lot of minutes in the second phase. If he plays good they are a serious contender.
                  Slovenıa have all the tools to go all the way to the cup but they lack ıntensıty. I mean they are all soft players. A good pressure over them a bıtıng team can easıly(may be not easıly) beat them.

Turkey - They have a very young team led by Turkoglu and Tanjevic from the bench. Their lack of a at least solid PG is what separates them from a medal. But I like their playing style if Hedo steps up everything is possible. They still havent played a contender on this tournament so I really dont know much they can offer.
                  I dont thınk we have a young ınexperıenced team. I thınk we have more experıenced players lets say Greece. I realızed that we wıll not have a problem ın PG posıtıon. Kerem ıs an experıenced and good PG. Ender ımo learned to play wıth hıs braın and has really great tools for a PG. And wıth Hedo ın thıs team, he can sometımes play lıke a PG when needed lıke he played all playoffs wıth Magıc.
                  Secondly I thınk you dıdnt watch any of Turkey's game from the begınnıng tıll the end. I had never seen such a good playıng Turkey team.

Poland - The home team is always dangerous. They have one of the best C duo on the tournament. Lampe and Gortat are huge in the paint. They set the tone of the defense very well. They lack an outside game. No serious player on PG and SG. I think they achieved what they wanted with this second phase...
                  Poland's bıgs are really good but not the best ımo.. Omer Asık wıth just hımself kılled theır paınt and those guys couldnt set the defensıve tone agaınst hım. However I thınk they are really balanced team. They do not lack outsıde game, I really lıked Ignerskı. He ıs a qualıty player and shooter. Logan ıs also unpredıctable. But they absolutely need more dıscıplıne.

Greece - Great basketball so far but no real test to be honest. A lot of players at their peak so its natural that they are playing consistent basketball. They dont have much room to improve. They might be playing at their best too soon. Schortsanitis is playing his best basketball. Very efficient. But I think too much here depends on Spanoulis.
                  Sorry Greek frıends. Greece can go past the quarterfınals but I dont thınk they wıll play the fınal. IMO most valuable Greek players are Spanoulıs Bouroussıs and Prıntezıs. If a team can lock the Greek players who have an abılıty to drıve to the basket(Spanoulıs Prıntezıs ımo) ıs very lucky to beat them. But ın order to do that they should throw an equal powered center agaınst Bouroussıs.. DD should have been here. And belıeve me I d wanna see hım here.
                  1st in EUROLEAGUE IBN PREDICTION GAME 2009-2010

Comment

Originally posted by Tallyhawk View Post
                    How is it possible to eliminate Greece and Turkey and put Croatia into the game??Your team got crushed by the greek NT and you post that one..
                    If you wish any credιbility you should think twice before you write.
                    I respect evrybody's opinion, I like to read them and also learn from them. But I actualy don't care about anybody's credibility for me and by democratic rules on IBN I have evrey right to write my opinion if doesn't ofend's anybody

Why I wrote this? I won't say because I don't won't to start endless discusion because I realy don't have nervus for that. Maybe after EB I will say why and I gave your team u nuff chances to surprise ME, not you or what ever. Ok? And I also like to be general after the batle
                    Last edited by pohani komarac; 09-10-2009, 01:57 PM.
                    Jordi Bertomeu sucks!

Comment

After everything has been written here, I wish for Spain to take a gold medal more than anything.

Kad mačke nema, miÅ¡evi kolo vode...

Comment

I voted for Slovenia, but like someone said, the more the tournament advances the less efficient they get. On the contrary, Spain will be getting better as the tournament progresses.

Greece was unlucky to be in this group, I think. The game that matters (QF) will be against a strong opponent no matter what. I think Spain, Slovenia, Turkey - and even Poland perhaps - have the ability to win Greece in a QF match.

All in all, I would put my money on Turkey at this point.
                        "If there are no stupid questions, then what kind of questions do stupid people ask? Do they get smart just in time to ask questions?"

Comment

Despite the recent struggles, i still consider Spain as the best bet. Maybe not the favorites now but they are just too talented if they play the right way--- and i think they'll do that in stretches of the knockout games.
                          If there is no basketball in heaven, i am NOT going.

SMALLBALL, bitches..

Comment

Originally posted by wyopeq View Post
                            Poland's bıgs are really good but not the best ımo.. Omer Asık wıth just hımself kılled theır paınt and those guys couldnt set the defensıve tone agaınst hım. However I thınk they are really balanced team. They do not lack outsıde game, I really lıked Ignerskı. He ıs a qualıty player and shooter. Logan ıs also unpredıctable. But they absolutely need more dıscıplıne.
                            Yesterday maybe Gortat was little tired, the same Lampe, Ignerski and Logan (but also Turkey has found great solution to defend him) All Poles were in top 20 (minutes per game).
                            Also its look like Poland need big start of game (Bulgaria, Lithuania). +5 +8 after couple of 3-pointers some fastbreaks. Then they can defend this advantage but not make a come back run
                            Ban Philip!!

Comment

my favorites

Spain
                              Greece
                              Slovenia

second group

Turkey
                              Croatia
                              Serbia
                              France
                              1st in IBN 2018-2019
                              2nd in IBN 2016-2017
                              2nd in IBN 2015-2016
                              1st in IBN 2014-2015
                              2nd in IBN 2013-2014
                              2nd in IBN 2012-2013
                              2nd in IBN 2010-2011
                              3nd in IBN 2009-2010
                              1st in IBN 2008-2009
                              2nd in IBN 2007-2008

If you love player and team comparisons, please join me in my channels
                              https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCIT...JLx5BerQtam9_A
                              https://www.facebook.com/sport.rankings.10
                              @RankingsSport

Comment

Originally posted by sashikas View Post
                                Didn't you recognize the legendary person behind this new alias already?
                                Is that Phillip (or whatever the name of that pole was)? Heh, if so then you gotta admit that at least his english improved

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information