Gold Medal Match: USA vs Serbia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Okay hold up a second here....

One of the most critiqued players in the NBA? By who? I've literally never seen Kyrie criticized or critiqued. I've seen nothing but universal praise no matter how crappy he plays.

He got handed the keys to the franchise on draft day. From his rookie year on, the Cavs were the "Kyrie Show". He didn't pass the ball to Waiters. Waiters was made out to be a baby. Delly comes in and misses a shot after Kyrie spent an entire game dribbling the air out of the ball and missing a bunch of shots. Delly is called garbage and blamed. He didn't pass the ball to Love. Not only is Love made out to be garbage and somebody who needs to be traded, LeBron is blamed for it the same way he took the heat in Miami when Wade didn't pass it to Bosh. In the Finals, he redeems his atrocious play in every game with a clutch three after bricking a bunch of shots and almost costing his team the game in every game of that playoffs, and he's made out to be amazing.

On Team USA, it's been the exact same thing. I've yet to see him have even an above mediocre game in a US uniform.

And I'm sorry but I refuse to call somebody who can't get past even a decent defender without a screen an offensive weapon or a scorer. Is that really how far our standards have dropped?

Comment

Originally posted by Beez View Post
      Whatever you say about Kyrie's game -- and he is one of the most critiqued players in The Association -- no one can accuse him of being afraid on the big stage. I would play George more and Melo less and encourage Kyrie to look for his shot. But Coach K hasn't lost a game in 10 years, so it's difficult to question him if he believes Melo is the better option.
      I agree with this judgment, Irving's talent seems indispensable at this moment in order to break the opponent's defence, moreover he gives me the impression to consider the importance of this competition more seriously than others. Butler was a disaster and i don't like him anyway, i have to admit that i also dislike DeRozan and his chronic anarchic style.

Comment

Originally posted by ronmercer80 View Post
        I agree with this judgment, Irving's talent seems indispensable at this moment in order to break the opponent's defence, moreover he gives me the impression to consider the importance of this competition more seriously than others. Butler was a disaster and i don't like him anyway, i have to admit that i also dislike DeRozan and his chronic anarchic style.
        When I look at how Demar plays it just seems so disconnected to the stats he puts up.
        With that said, I hope we don't pick the team like this again. We need a full training camp in order to put together a more complimentary team. Egos be damned the old way worked.

Comment

If USA play like they did against Spain, we will win.

But I have a feeling that tonight we will watch the best of USA in Rio.

Comment

CoachZ, yor last tip with Markovic was good for me Who would you expect to have good game against USA. I will have Teo, but need your opinion again about Jokic, Bogda, Markovic and Macvan. Also Melo, could you guys make him choke like Mills ?
            LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

Originally posted by LDK View Post
              CoachZ, yor last tip with Markovic was good for me Who would you expect to have good game against USA. I will have Teo, but need your opinion again about Jokic, Bogda, Markovic and Macvan. Also Melo, could you guys make him choke like Mills ?
              I was lucky enough to stay away from Melo lately I mean look at his % in last games after that explosion vs Australia, it's horrible - 7/20 from 2, 5/20 from 3. But I bought him today for wtf reason

Comment

I am thinking about Melo too, because he is most experienced player and gets many shots with Durant. DeAndre coud be interisting option too, because Cousins is brainless. Irving, Klay and Durantula are must for me from team USA.
                LIETUVA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7iGqEDXHNc

Comment

Originally posted by Obina View Post

And if Serbia plays like they did against Croatia it'll be a massacre.You guys never learn.It's like reading 2014 WC final thread all over again.Team USA didnt look convincing back the neither,Serbia looked like a well oiled machine,and we know what happened.

Comment

lolol hahaha
                    Republic of CRVENA ZVEZDA

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                      And if Serbia plays like they did against Croatia it'll be a massacre.You guys never learn.It's like reading 2014 WC final thread all over again.Team USA didnt look convincing back the neither,Serbia looked like a well oiled machine,and we know what happened.
                      It' true. But what I wrote is also true...

Comment

Originally posted by ThePeraCar View Post
                        lolol hahaha

hahahaahahahahahahahah

lol

Comment

Originally posted by LDK View Post
                          I think you should bypass Markovic in this one since he will not be able to penetrate as much as he did vs Australia, and his shot is inconsistent. He might play great but it's a gamble. Jokic will have a good game since he plays well vs Physical centers. Bogdanovic was cold vs Australia, so he should be hot now, but bear in mind that they will try to lock him up with second best defender in the backcourt. Macvan is gonna have a good game since I expect us to start again with a big lineup so him vs Melo, that is very favorable. I would go with Macvan first and Jokic second.

Comment

I think the team which will score more points will win

Comment

It' true. But what I wrote is also true...
                              no its not true.USA beat Spain convincingly.Last time a Gasol led team lost a knock out game convincingly was in 2003.If any other european team had beaten Spain the way USA did two days ago everyone would praise them.The expectations for USA are jsut unreal.Anything less than a 25 point win seems like a failure and a sign of weakness.

Comment

Originally posted by Jon_Koncak View Post
                                no its not true.USA beat Spain convincingly.Last time a Gasol led team lost a knock out game convincingly was in 2003.If any other european team had beaten Spain the way USA did two days ago everyone would praise them.The expectations for USA are jsut unreal.Anything less than a 25 point win seems like a failure and a sign of weakness.
                                The point is that we have some small chances. We need to give our maximum and USA to play mediocre like some games on this tournament. In Spain we were without chances because USA played like a hell during whole tournament, imo the best USA team in last couple of years..

I can say 90-10 for USA.

Comment

Working...
                                X

Debug Information